Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:59am
It's like being constantly caught in a time warp

Related image
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:39am
Great game of football between two very good sides.
That first goal was some execution of skill and perfect timing.
Spurs showed some reliance and belief to come back from 2-0 down in Juve.

The 2nd leg will be tough but Juve have to score which should make it a good match.

Eriksen was class last night.
To think some people said he was only average before the Denmark game.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

As is getting Alderweireld involved in the big games asap

He’s clearly off in the summer, fit and left at home last night was as big a statement as Poch could have made.

There will be no shortage of takers for him in the summer, quality defender.

As for the game last night it was very very enjoyable for the whole 90 mins, don’t say that for many games these days.

Spurs were absolutely excellent and dominated a side that had conceded 1 goal in 16 matches and they deserve huge credit for that.

2nd leg should be a cracker, very hard to call.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

He’s clearly off in the summer, fit and left at home last night was as big a statement as Poch could have made.

As for the game last night it was very very enjoyable for the whole 90 mins, don’t say that for many games these days.

Spurs were absolutely excellent and dominated a side that had conceded 1 goal in 16 matches and they deserve huge credit for that.

Confused He has been out of action for a few months there is no chance Spurs will let the best defender in the premier league go in the summer! strange comment.

Spurs were dominate on the ball last night but Juventus created plenty of chances, hopefully Dybala is fit for the return game.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:07am
Mauricio for Old Trafford please
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:23am
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Madrid would be my guess
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Madrid would be my guess

And he'll take Eriksen with him, ran the show last night
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:29am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Confused He has been out of action for a few months there is no chance Spurs will let the best defender in the premier league go in the summer! strange comment.

Spurs were dominate on the ball last night but Juventus created plenty of chances, hopefully Dybala is fit for the return game.

Alderweireld has 18 months left with the option to extend for 1 year. However if Spurs take up that offer to extend it triggers a buy out clause of £25M which is nothing in todays market.

They could sell him for £70-80M in the summer but it would significantly weaken the team. He is their best defender.

I think they need to break their wage structure and start paying the players closer to market rates.
Its cheaper to keep your current stars than try to replace them.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:30am

It seems TA has a release clause in his contract for £30m which is activated in the final year of the contract. So Spurs will need to sell him by the end of this season if they want a higher fee. And knowing Levy he'll push for the maximum....Personally don't think he is really top class. He couldn't get in the Atleti team a few years ago. From £12m to £50m+ in a couple of years for a head it and kick centre half shows you how rotten to the core football is..... 

And I see that De Bryne insisted that his contract with City is to be paid in Euro. Clever fella..

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 14 Feb 2018 at 8:37am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Typical Spurs

Would you care to elaborate ?

Or do you simply base your comment on the opening minutes instead of judging the game over 90 minutes like most rational people do after seeing Spurs putting in one of the great Champions league performances- typical of the current Tottenham team !
Steady on. Spurs still have the second leg to balls this up and they will. Like they always do.

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Come on spurs, not another draw. 

Kane was never going to replicate last seasons run of goals. He's a 15 - 20 goals a season player.
How is he? He's got 1 goal this season.

3 for England since August.. He's not in that bad of form as you're making out, just unable to replicate club form as at Int. Level.
He's had one good season. I think he'll fade into obscurity like so many before him pretty soon.

This sums up Franko's views on Tottenham

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Typical Spurs

Or do you simply base your comment on the opening minutes instead of judging the game over 90 minutes like most rational people do after seeing Spurs putting in one of the great Champions league performances- typical of the current Tottenham team !
Steady on. Spurs still have the second leg to balls this up and they will. Like they always do.

Do you plan on losing more money on that ? See you lost on tonights bet 
Cashed out at 2-0 Cool
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:08am

Typical Spurs

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Come on spurs, not another draw. 

Kane was never going to replicate last seasons run of goals. He's a 15 - 20 goals a season player.
How is he? He's got 1 goal this season.

3 for England since August.. He's not in that bad of form as you're making out, just unable to replicate club form as at Int. Level.
He's had one good season. I think he'll fade into obscurity like so many before him pretty soon.

This sums up Franko's views on Tottenham
You Spuds fans really are a sensitive bunch. Anyway, people get things wrong. Kane has turned into a very good striker, I can admit that. 

I fancy Juventus to go through. I apologise if that offends any of you.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:40am
The stats are good reading for Spurs fans

Juventus had only conceded one goal in their previous 16 games - and none in 2018.
Juve had won their past 10 games in league and cup over the last two months.

Tottenham had 67% possession away to Juve.
Kane has equalled the record for the most goals scored by an English player in a single Champions League season (seven), level with Steven Gerrard in 2008-09.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:45am
Spurs looked a lot stronger than Juventus last night.

I can see Spurs going through. They look a very formidable side.

You only have to look at the results they are getting over the last few weeks alone.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:25am
I thought they would have brought on Trippier after Aurier got his booking. He was having a torrid time. Trippier will start in the next leg though.
A sign of a very good team to come back from 2 down however they got that bit of luck with the penalty miss. It would have been very harsh on Spurs to go in at the break 3-1 down.

It was great to see Spurs go at them, there wasn't going to be a defensive wall or containment of Juventus. Dembele was the real driving force behind Spurs who looked very nervous at the start particularly after conceding the early goal. He wasn't afraid to get on the ball and take control of midfield.

Dier a bit of a weak link.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:29am
Agree on Dier, definitely the weakest player in the team. He gives the ball away a lot. Especially when you compare him to his midfield partner Dembele, who was excellent again last night, and can't seem to lose the ball.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

It seems TA has a release clause in his contract for £30m which is activated in the final year of the contract. So Spurs will need to sell him by the end of this season if they want a higher fee. And knowing Levy he'll push for the maximum....Personally don't think he is really top class. He couldn't get in the Atleti team a few years ago. From £12m to £50m+ in a couple of years for a head it and kick centre half shows you how rotten to the core football is..... 

And I see that De Bryne insisted that his contract with City is to be paid in Euro. Clever fella..
After seeing him at Saints for as season he was a far better player than Lovren , Fonte or Van Dijk was with us
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

You on the wind up? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 238>
  Share Topic