You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As I think of it, if you are in the area and drinking, there is an Irish pub in Wood Green called Monaghan's. It is a complete sh*thole in the best kind of way. My two visits there were about three years apart and I am sure nobody had moved in the meantime. The sort of place where anything at all is likely to happen.
Never been in Monaghans, or even heard of it, but you've reminded me of nearly 30 years ago, when a (London) Spurs mate always used to take us to this place for a pre-match drink (v.close to WHL):

Thing is, I'm pretty sure he had no Irish in him - had a Welsh surname if that means anything. Not seen him in at least two decades, maybe I should pop in the next time I'm at a game to see if he's still there/alive lol?

Edited by Territorial - 21 May 2019 at 7:33pm
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I imagine with the stadium being open, the pubs should be that bit less busy than they would otherwise. I know that's supposition entirely but the stadium does hold 60,000 and there will already be tens of thousands in Madrid.

I think you'll be grand in the pub.
Now you mention it, you could be right.

But as against that, the Brickies has a pretty loyal clientele, many of the sort who'd rather save their £10 into the stadium and spend it on more beer with their pals in the boozer!

I remember after the UEFA Cup Final v Anderlecht, me and a mate drank our way from the ground, up the High Road and all the way to Manor House, since by the time we had had enough, the Tube was long since closed and we had to get a night bus back to civilisation. I think.

I've no idea how many pubs we visited, or how much we had, but the licensing laws were forgotten about that night, and every one of the numerous drinking holes along the way was rammed like you wouldn't believe.

I doubt they'd seen anything like it since V.E. Day!

Edited by Territorial - 21 May 2019 at 7:42pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Going to be in London during the Champions League final. I know they're showing the match in the stadium but was thinking of watching it in one of the Spurs pubs near it like the Bricklayers. Anyone ever been? 
Used to go in occasionally when at the old WHL, but not since. Loads of Spurs memorabilia and others from other parts of the world, especially Irish League - it used to be run by Kenny from Omagh, a big Omagh Town fan. Possibly still is.

Tbh, were it not a Spurs pub (also Kenny), I would never have bothered because in truth, it's decidedly "Old Tottenham" i.e. a sh*thole, with crap beer. Friendly enough, mind, but rough around the edges. Has a "beer garden", though quite honestly it's more like a "beer builder's yard".

Would it be closed off to non-members/general public for that match? 
Some woman asked on their FB page whether they were charging to get in, and they replied: "no, free entry".

But I reckon you'd need to get there the moment it opens, since it is guaranteed to be absolutely rammed come kick-off.

P.S. Facebook has this amusing pic (though not taken in the Brickies):

https://scontent.flhr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60658775_2310559122323554_710371153918558208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr1-2.fna&oh=ecc383321a0fb8f38894e994a9a0361d&oe=5D9D8DB2

Cheers for the info Thumbs Up

I seen some of the recent photos on google maps and there's actually an N.I. pennant on the mirror behind the bar so I'm assuming that lad still owns it. I'll land in a couple of hours beforehand. 

I'd rather watch the match in a Tottenham dive with no liverpool fans in sight instead of a neutral overpriced spot in the city centre tbh. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:56am

There used to be a Cork City jersey on the walls there, or at least there was when I was last in. The owner was sound too, knows how to play the game quite well. I thoroughly enjoyed my trips there, even if the beer was, as has been said, sh*t. A proper boozer. 
Is the Bill Nicholson still open? Now that is a dodgy gaff! Strippers on match days cocaine everywhere.

Tottenham is an interesting place to pass the day, but certainly not pretty, there are  loads of good cheap places to eat, particularly if you like West Indian food. The White Hart Lane Jerk Centre appears to be still there. It is cheap as chips too and run by an old darling(or was) .The people are friendly and engaging, by London standards at least, but keep your wits about you, especially when drunk!

As I think of it, if you are in the area and drinking, there is an Irish pub in Wood Green called Monaghan's. It is a complete sh*thole in the best kind of way. My two visits there were about three years apart and I am sure nobody had moved in the meantime. The sort of place where anything at all is likely to happen.

Sure they're the best spots LOL 

Drank in plenty of rough pubs in Ireland and never had a bit of hassle in any of them. Drink is always way cheaper too. Clap 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:56am
Don't forget your Palestine flag Muff.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Don't forget your Palestine flag Muff.

LOL

Was at a Spurs match years ago and one of the locals didn't take kindly to my hooped green and white hoodie I was wearing. He pulled up on his bike beside me as I was walking towards the stadium and started ranting "Oi, you're facking Glasgow Celtic.....facking Celtic!!" and then cycled off cursing. 

It wasn't even a Celtic top and I had a Spurs scarf on me as well LOL 

Glasgow Penneys more like. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:29pm

There used to be a Cork City jersey on the walls there, or at least there was when I was last in. The owner was sound too, knows how to play the game quite well. I thoroughly enjoyed my trips there, even if the beer was, as has been said, sh*t. A proper boozer. 
Is the Bill Nicholson still open? Now that is a dodgy gaff! Strippers on match days cocaine everywhere.

Tottenham is an interesting place to pass the day, but certainly not pretty, there are  loads of good cheap places to eat, particularly if you like West Indian food. The White Hart Lane Jerk Centre appears to be still there. It is cheap as chips too and run by an old darling(or was) .The people are friendly and engaging, by London standards at least, but keep your wits about you, especially when drunk!

Drank in plenty of rough pubs in Ireland and never had a bit of hassle in any of them. Drink is always way cheaper too. Clap 
This isn’t rough, more other worldly. I went into a pub on Friday that gave a similar vibe. Man at bar with fully tattooed face, barmaid who was either 15 or 55. Men in corner determined to give their wages to William Hill.I only wanted to use the toilet so had a soft drink, but some **** had stuck some tunes on the jukebox. It was a struggle to get out with my sobriety intact.
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:36pm
Haven't being up in seven sisters in 12 months but the bricklayers was always a good bar ,and full of spurs supporters
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:58pm

This isn’t rough, more other worldly. I went into a pub on Friday that gave a similar vibe. Man at bar with fully tattooed face, barmaid who was either 15 or 55. Men in corner determined to give their wages to William Hill.I only wanted to use the toilet so had a soft drink, but some **** had stuck some tunes on the jukebox. It was a struggle to get out with my sobriety intact.

LOL

That pub is still there. Wil definitely land in for one. Not too far from The Bricklayers either. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 4:17pm
BBC reporting Spurs have made a bid of €60m for Lo Celso of Betis!

Betis signed him on loan from PSG last August, then signed him on a permanent only last month for €22m, with a €100m release clause into the bargain. 

Whether Spurs get him or not, that must be a signal that Poch's "Will I stay or will I go?" routine must be having some effect on Levy. Thumbs Up

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:46am
This sums up nicely why I think they should sell Kane, all those ankle injuries will finish his career early I think. No one can blame blame him for been fit for the Champions League but if they weren't playing in it, having a good five months off until pre season would have been ideal

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:20am
Ndombele transfer looks likely to go through Clap hopefully I don't jinx it. 

He will be an incredible signing for Spurs. Exactly what they need as well. If they lose Eriksen, hope they go and get 1/2 more top class players in along Ndombele.

COYS Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 7:24am
According to reports Spurs are also close to signing Leeds winger Jack Clarke for about £8.5m. 

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 4:05pm
Ndombele having his medical today. Reports are that the deal is finally done. Great signing for Tottenham alright.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

According to reports Spurs are also close to signing Leeds winger Jack Clarke for about £8.5m. 

Now a done deal, reportedly for £10m + add-ons, before being loaned back to Leeds for the season:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48838581

Bloody stockpiling, eh? Wink
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Ndombele having his medical today. Reports are that the deal is finally done.
Now confirmed, €60m/£53.8m, with potential €10m/£9m add-ons, less what Levy charged him for the tee shirt and baseball cap:

Great signing for Tottenham alright.
Is it, though?

I mean, for that money OGS signed Wan-Bissaka, plus some Welsh lad to run down to the bookies to place his bets for him...

Edited by Territorial - 02 Jul 2019 at 6:42pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 6:57pm

Ndombele having his medical today. Reports are that the deal is finally done. Great signing for Tottenham alright.

I have never seen him play.  Any good ?
AKA pedantic kunt
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
What a signing for Spurs. Brilliant player and in exactly the position needed in the team. 

Spurs are well and truly mixing it with the big boys around Europe now Clap 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 238>
  Share Topic