Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:47am
Terri you're all over me like a rash LOL Spurs win the weekend. Man Utd lose to City. Man Utd draw with Chelsea. Top 4 is effectively done then with 2 PL games to go. In such a scenario it wouldn't surprise me at all to see some players rested in the game vs Bournemouth? in between the 2 Ajax games.

Hence, why I said IF results go Spurs way Pochettino might rest players. Perfectly basic English. No need to keep twisting basic, understandable things I'm saying.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 24 Apr 2019 at 1:49am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Terri you're all over me like a rash LOL 

No need to keep twisting basic, understandable things I'm saying.
No need to be so touchy, my internet friend.

For I didn't "twist" anything, indeed I didn't really comment at all on what you suggested.

I merely emphasised that Poch's resources are so sparse at the moment that he's down to the bare bones just now (eg playing Llorente for 90 mins, bringing on Janssen etc).

Therefore should forthcoming games pan out handily, as you say, I'm sure he would be glad of the opportunity eg to rest certain key players v B'mouth. 

Edited by Territorial - 24 Apr 2019 at 2:06am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:28am
Had forgotten that Janssen was still at the club. 

Champions League football more or less guaranteed after that result. Can't see the other 3 teams finishing ahead of them.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 6:27am
If Spurs beat West Ham at home over the weekend and other results go their way then they should be resting players v Bournemouth away.
They only need 4th spot.

Last game of the season is another home game v Everton.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 8:53am
Apart from his goal, Eriksen was muck last night. Thought Spurs were clueless for most of the game. Reminded me of United under Moyes. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:56am
After 3 high intensity games against Man City within 10 days they were never going to be firing against a Brighton team that was going to pack their defense. They left it late but got the 3 points thanks to Erickson. If anythig the mainstay players at Spurs need a rest. Between injuries, relatively small aquad and internationals the likes of Eriksen hasn't had a break at all.

He has played all leagues games this year and in the previous 4 seasons he only missed 6 league games in total.

Edited by reddladd - 24 Apr 2019 at 10:13am
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:08am
Hard to be overly critical of Spurs last night, they had good chances and were unlucky with some of the them. Brighton have been set up to play that way in their last 3 games. Against Wolves, Wily Boly didn't touch the ball inside his own box in the first half against Brighton, and he's one of their CB's. That says it all about how difficult Brighton are trying to make it for the opposition in the run-in.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

After 3 high intensity games against Man City within 10 days they were never going to be firing against a Brighton team that was going to pack their defense. They left it late but got the 3 points thanks to Erickson. If anythig the mainstay players at Spurs need a rest. Between injuries, relatively small aquad and internationals the likes of Eriksen hasn't had a break at all.

He has played all leagues games this year and in the previous 4 seasons he only missed 6 league games in total.
Spot on! Thumbs Up

One "mainstay" is Son, who could undoubtedly have benefited from a rest last night. But due to being suspended for the CL, he'll get that next week against Ajax, so that will have to do him.

P.S. Saw a stat the other day which was interesting: the team which covered the most miles in any of the eight CL Quarters, was Spurs at the Etihad.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:27am
Kane, Son, Lamela and Winks out tonight.

Sissoko and Vertonghen trained yesterday so hopefully can play/start.

I’d leave Llorente on the bench for the last 30 mins.

Have Dele, Eriksen and Moura up top with Sissoko, Wanyama and Dier behind.

Missing Kane and Son is a massive blow.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:06am
Keep a clean sheet tonight as we saw how important that was in the first leg. Hope Moura can produce something as he's no where as influential as Son.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:51am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Not a fan of Kane but great gesture from him and the club

It’s very hard not to think that this isn’t the set-up to a cruel joke.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:17pm
Spurs could be in trouble today. Lots of missed chances, keeper playing a blinder and Son just sent off. Could Be a tough second half
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:17pm
Dyer lucky to still be on the field
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:36pm
Foyth only on the pitch and gets sent off LOL stupid challenge. Dier was blessed not to get sent off in the first half, should have given away a peno too.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 1:37pm
How the f*ck is Pochettino arguing that decision?! Disgraceful challenge
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:23pm
Blow for spurs - top 4 chase  next week will be interesting 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:30pm
I make that 3 wins out of 11 for Spurs..... and still 3rd.

They really should be out of the race for top 4.
It’s madness that it’s still in their own hands.

Last game v Everton.
Win that and top 4 is secure. Even a draw may be enough.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 238>
  Share Topic