Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Spurs are only the 8th team to make it through the group stages with 1 pt after the first 3 games.

They made really hard work of it but are a better team than Inter.

People can say Barca rested Messi but Spurs rested Dier! 

Roll on the next round.

LOL Clap
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 5:54pm

Spurs are only the 8th team to make it through the group stages with 1 pt after the first 3 games.

Zinedine what's with your love of stats? This one is not really hitting any wow factors is it
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:46pm
Spurs were planning to play the first home game in the new stadium against Man U, 13th Jan but now that game will be at Wembley.

Next home game is 30th Jan v Watford.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm

Next home game is 30th Jan v Watford.
Problem is, though, that that's an evening game (Wednesday) and I'm not sure the test events, which I imagine will be held in the daytime, will be considered suitable.

In which case, they might have to wait until the Newcastle game the following weekend (Saturday 2nd February)?

There is a further complication should Spurs get past Southport/Tranmere in the FA Cup then get a home draw in the 4th round - to be played on the w/e of 26/27 January.

Should that happen, and the stadium was ready for it, they'd be guaranteed to fill all 62k seats regardless of the opposition and the TV companies would guarantee it got the prime Sunday afternoon slot.

But even there, there could be a problem, since the away team would get a bigger allocation than normal, so the authorities might be reluctant to open the stadium with a game which could provide greater segregation/security problems than normal.

I mean, what if they drew WHU, Chelsea or Arsenal?

Tricky one.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:51pm
I read somewhere that the Man Utd game Will now be played at Wembley.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:53pm
On Wednesday’s game, surety Pochettino will adopt Southampton type tactics?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Was it two posts up, by any chance?

[sorry, cheap joke]
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 6:24am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Was it two posts up, by any chance?

[sorry, cheap joke]

Was going to say the same. Maybe unrealible source! 

Big game tomorrow v Arsenal. 
They deserved to beat us a few games ago so Poch needs to learn from that game. 
Ideally beat Arsenal and get Boro in the 1/2’s

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:32am
Never seen your bit about the Man U game. Anyhow I read it somewhere else as well. They need two events with a full house before they get the safety license. Mentioned the FA cup game but of course every fan will want to be there for the opening game. Not sure how you get a full stadium x 2 without it being a game?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 12:56pm
They could have a tough remainder of the season because there's going to be nonstop speculation surrounding Poch going to Man Utd.

I wonder will a statement be made or will Levy do anything?

Edited by bhob - 18 Dec 2018 at 1:03pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 2:42pm

They need two events with a full house before they get the safety license. Mentioned the FA cup game but of course every fan will want to be there for the opening game. Not sure how you get a full stadium x 2 without it being a game?
Don't think you're right about it needing to be two full houses. 

Afaik, the authorities will accept two "ramp up" events at, say, 20k and 40k:
In August the club had planned to hold an Under-18s match at the arena, along with a legends match with Bayern Munich, but it’s unclear whether this will remain the case.

On Sunday, they had 6k fans at the "familiarisation day" - primarily to check that the new Season Ticket Cards worked at the turnstiles (though they also tested the bars, restaurants, shop, security etc)

EDIT: Thinking about it, you don't actually want a full house at the test events, since if something did go seriously wrong, you wouldn't want to have to evacuate 62k people from a stadium with which they're all unfamiliar. Whereas half that number, say, should be adequate to train staff and test systems etc. 

Edited by Territorial - 18 Dec 2018 at 2:57pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 3:11pm
Yes, that probably makes more sense.

Must try and dig out what article I read because I clearly didn't read it with the attention it required.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:06pm
This is the most consistent I’ve ever seen Spurs.
Just shows, same manager and mostly the same squad the last few years pays off. They are beating all the teams they should be beating.

Hopefully maintain the league form and go far in the champions league. 

I assume they will buy in January if the right players are available.
Still need cover for Kane. No other Spurs player has played more minutes than him.
They have cover everywhere else except up front and Llorente is not trusted. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 5:14pm
Alderweireld has a £25 million release clause inserted into his contract extension which the club triggered.

Seems like to me he wants to be off. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Alderweireld has a £25 million release clause inserted into his contract extension which the club triggered.

What, Tottenham are going to sign him from Tottenham?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It would be the transfer deadline day moment we have all waited for, Jim White self-combusting.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 6:41pm

This was known last summer when he refused to sign a new contract and various clubs were looking to buy him - leavy wanted £60M but clubs knew he would be available in a years time for less than 1/2 that.
They will trigger it in the summer meaning they get £25M for him.
I doubt spurs would let him go in January unless they get a crazy offer.

He is 30 in March so an excellent signing whoever gets him. 

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It would be the transfer deadline day moment we have all waited for, Jim White self-combusting.
Did you know Sky Sports are doing a special Brexit countdown special on March 29th?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 238>
  Share Topic