Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:41pm
Vorm messes up his clearance and Man U score 2 mins later.
Game changer. 

Up to that point Spurs looked more likely to score next.

Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:20pm
Dembele had nothing to do with the goal either, of course
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Dembele had nothing to do with the goal either, of course

No, he was weak. Brain dead going back towards goal.

Superb cross from Pogba and good finish. I don’t think Vorm could have saved it even if he wasn’t wrong footed.

But Vorm did give the ball back to United when there was no reason to. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:23pm
I actually thought Trippier should have sent the ball up the pitch rather than playing it short to Dembele in the first place. Very poor 2nd half performance, no balance to the team at all.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:27pm
So Spurs shock everyone and do a Spurs Shocked
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:30pm
8 semis and no stiffys for Spurs
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 6:54am
A real make or break summer ahead after that defeat to United. Really turned into a damp squib of a season. The Juve sucker punch, then this defeat in a game they looked to have total control of for large parts of the first half. The move into the new stadium might be enough to persuade some of the big names to stick around for a year or 2, at least I really hope so, as I just get that sense now that there be big unease among that squad for the next couple of months.

The back 5 on Saturday, only Vertonghen was on the pitch from what I considered the best back 5 in the PL by a distance from last season. There's a real issue there and you just can't get away with that kind of turnover in quality. Walker left, and I think Trippier has done well and has scope for improvement in the next year or 2. Davies is a fine player, but Rose is imo the best LB in the PL after Mendy (I think Rose was injured Saturday anyway, but I'm talking about over the course of the season also). Alderweireld is the one the best 3/4 CBs in the PL for the past few seasons, has barely kicked a ball in 6 months. As well as Sanchez has done, he simply isn't at Alderweirelds level right now. I've no doubt he'll be exceptional in time though. Vorm steps in for Lloris also, no idea why that was. 

None of the replacements have been poor or anything close to poor, when compared to last seasons defence, but that defense from last season was of a massively high standard. Think Pochetino has done way too much tinkering this season. Bigger squad available, trying to spread playing time, etc. The regular Spurs 11 from last season (with Trippier in for Walker) would have pushed City this season imo. They have massively underachieved imo and I hope it's just a blip and not the start of lots players considering there furtures at the club ( I'm presuming Alderweireld will definitely move and Rose possibly move).

Also, I will never ever ever understand how Eric Dier starts a match instead of Wanyama when both are fully fit. The different between the standard of these players is night and day. Dier, for a defensive players is one of the worst positionally defensive midfielders I've ever seen play the game. He simply hasn't a clue where to be. United were linked with him for massive money last summer. If someone comes in and spends big on him, it will be one of the best things ever to happen to Spurs.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:57am
Yeah a big summer coming up for Spurs.

Alderweireld and Rose will probably leave.
If it’s just those two than that’s okay.

However a massive bid for Eriksen / Kane or Vertongen could really unsettle the squad.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:06am
Son got on the ball a lot but it just wasn't coming off for him, he had an off day. Alli did very little bar scoring, I can't remember him getting on the ball trying to create something. Kane was poor, lack of service yes but even his work outside the box looked cumbersome. Dembele was probably most disappointing of the lot though.

Spurs really have been made to look like an average lot the past two weekends.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:23am
The first half I thought Spurs were marginally the better team.

The 2nd half was poor from Spurs and Man U deserved to win.
It was disappointing that Poch was playing down the FA cup before the match.
This was a big opportunity for Spurs.
Top 4 is the goal but players want to win trophies.

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:18pm
First half was very even, second half Spurs didn't show at all
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:53pm
Pochettino's words after the match are been suggested that he might be leaving. 
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:39pm
Would be surprised if he didn't end up at Madrid. Might start the exodus
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Pochettino's words after the match are been suggested that he might be leaving. 

What did he say

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:55pm
think Poch will defo be off to Real in the summer. 

How long do you keep Kane happy winning f**k all and banging in all the goals he does. I reckon you’ll get one more year out of him at a push and that’s it. 

Eriksen, Dembele, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will all be sought after in the summer. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

think Poch will defo be off to Real in the summer. 

How long do you keep Kane happy winning f**k all and banging in all the goals he does. I reckon you’ll get one more year out of him at a push and that’s it. 

Eriksen, Dembele, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will all be sought after in the summer. 

Barcelona and Bayern rumoured to be interested in him

Edited by lassassinblanc - 23 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:03pm
I said it months ago if Spurs didn't start winning stuff all their players would be off and got lambasted for it
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:31pm
Have been impressed with Vertonghen over the last few months. I'd imagine he would be sought after by bigger clubs around Europe.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 238>
  Share Topic