Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:59am
Well i'm only talking about the last few seasons. I'm definitely not going back as far as 10 years, i'm talking this current team under this manager.
I just googled the tables in November the last couple of seasons, and 2 years ago they were in 5th place 9 points behind Leicester in mid-November, last year they were in 5th place 8 points behind Chelsea in mid-November.

Both years we all knew they weren't going to win the title at that stage. They started to go on a great run of form in the new year in both seasons if I remember right and finished 2nd and 3rd.

Unbeaten runs can be misleading, if you're drawing at home to Swansea and the like and falling further behind the top team. Look at United's unbeaten run last season.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:03am
Unbeaten runs can definitely be deceiving, but I think you're dismissing Spurs challenge to Chelsea last season. That 2nd half run in from them was superb and they had a chance, just left themselves a small bit too much to do.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:12am
Okay so it’s not a trend but an observation of last season.

After 7 games Spurs won 5 and drew 2 (Draws against Everton and Liverpool)
Chelsea won 5 and lost 2

So we had the better start than Chelsea.
They then went on a record breaking run of 13 games. Spurs had a fantastic finish - We won 9 in a row after Xmas but that’s was the first time in our history of the PL winning more than 5 games. We got 86 points which beat our previous record by 14 points.
I wish every season was like that but it’s not.

I think this season Man City have just blown everybody away. They are on course for 100 points. No previous PL team can match that.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:57pm
I think Spurs will need an away goal in this tie. 

Haven't really followed Juventus much this year so not sure if they're weaker or stronger than last season. I'd imagine they're slight favourites overall but it's good that Spurs are away first. Very even tie. 

Hope Spurs go through but will go for a one goal victory for Juventus
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:49pm
What a finish. Could be a long long night for Spurs
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:52pm
Caught badly and left Higuain with a ridiculous amount of space even if he hadn't taken it first time. 

Fantastic finish in all the same. 

balls. suicidal defending  Unhappy

Edited by irishmufc - 13 Feb 2018 at 7:54pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:56pm
Need an away goal 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:59pm
Typical Spurs
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:20pm
Get in!! 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:22pm
'N17 Gentleman's Club On Tour' on the Spurs banner LOL

The Tuam lads out in their droves in Turin.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:22pm
Game on. Despite their lead Juve have actually been unimpressive.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:29pm

Brilliant half. Spurs well on top.
El Puto Amo
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Brilliant half. Spurs well on top.
Spurs ten attempts on goal.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:33pm
you stupid bollocks Angry

and blessed LOL

Cracking game 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:33pm
FFS Higuain
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:37pm

Is this half indicative of why Spurs have been the best overall team in the EPL over the past three seasons but haven't actually won it?
They play lovely stuff and are great going forward but they are so open and naive
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:37pm
Cracking game. Spurs brilliant after a disastrous first 10 mins. Aurier feckin hell. If that had gone in I'd say 4 or 5 Spurs lads would have killed him in the dressing room. That miss could be a huge momentum swing. There's more goals in this for both sides. Gotta love the CL knockouts   
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Is this half indicative of why Spurs have been the best overall team in the EPL over the past three seasons but haven't actually won it?
They play lovely stuff and are great going forward but they are so open and naive
I don't think so necessarily. I think that Wanyama and Alderweireld added to that starting 11 and they are much more solid defensively. Aurier is always capable of a mad lunge though!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 238>
  Share Topic