You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 7:27am
Marca reporting that Real Madrid have accepted that Gareth Bale will not be joining them this summer .
Sponsored Links

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:24am
Hopefully it's true. Read somewhere yesterday that Madrid made an enquiry last week but it was dismissed and they Madrid were not going to follow up the interest any further.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:26am
apparently they find dealing with Daniel Levy too taxing
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:43am
for all you well wishers .....

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/07/real-madrid-end-pursuit-of-tottenham-star-gareth-bale/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 9:42am
Just delays it for a year

What player in their right mind wouldnt pick real over spurs
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 9:51am
I think Levy is one of the best Chairman out there.   Always drives a tough bargain and was right to get rid of Redknapp too.  Not perfect by any means but he does a great job for Spurs in my view. 
AKA pedantic kunt
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think Levy is one of the best Chairman out there.   Always drives a tough bargain and was right to get rid of Redknapp too.  Not perfect by any means but he does a great job for Spurs in my view. 

good selection of AVB as well it must be said
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

or man United for that matter...you walked into that one
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

or man United for that matter...you walked into that one

Real & Barca seem be the teams that have little difficulties in attracting players from other teams including United , Liverpool & Arsenal , the attractions are myriad - huge salaries , vibrant cities , practically guaranteed titles & Champions League football every season.

Hopefully Gareth Bale will remain for at least one more season as he appears to be a reasonably grounded individual , AVB seems to be the right man for the job & hopefully Spurs will make further progress under his stewardship - perhaps Gareth shares that view !

Let's not forget that Gareth also turned down a move to United when he was a 17 year old player with Southampton !
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:18am
I just dont get why hed be better off at spurs for another season?

He will walk into a real team that have a chance of winning the champions league and their domestic league- its a short career like

What did staying @ spurs an extra year do for modric?

I wonder does carrick wish he stayed another season @ spurs? LOL
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:20am

He will walk into a real team that have a chance of winning the champions league and their domestic league- its a short career like

can only agree with this , its great for spurs fans if he stays but not for the player.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

can only agree with this , its great for spurs fans if he stays but not for the player.

If he was 18/19 id say ye stay there but sure hes 23 like

A lot can happen in a year in football- it might be unlikely but who knows some wonderkid could come along and real might have a chance to get him for 40/50 million- they arent gonna shell out that or more for bale in the same summer
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:32am

wouldn't the football world be a very boring place if all your intentions for it came true ...send all the top quality to the best/richest clubs and to hell with the rest?

Modric was the one who wanted to leave and fought hard to do so , he whined and went on strike and complained and moaned to get what he wanted and then ended up on the bench . Fvck him the littel rat faced twerp!

Bale does not appear to be like that at all, new family, only 23 and has earned and won all the plaudits this year as a player. It seems like he is still improvong and in the right environment right now to get even better on his football education. Why chnage this environment?
Would it not be a better feeling for a person to earn the right to play in the CL rather than move club to do so? Is it not a bit of a hollow victory ...say if Bale went to a CL club after having failed to earn that right with Spurs?

he will get to play CL one way or another next year . I 'd like to think that Spurs will earn it ( Not buy it) and Bale might even stay another year. If not he will be off and he will go with all our fans best wishes. This is an exciting time to be at Spurs , with AVB , new signings and the new stadium on it's way. Maybe he has a bit of loyalty? God forbid that there are any players left with that.

You mention Carrick , great player , we got big money for him ...probably more than he is worth , we were indeed a selling club . The dynamic has changed since then ....the sale of berba and Robbie with him is the watershed mark for that and we learned a big lesson there.
Hopefully we will not bow like that again

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

wouldn't the football world be a very boring place if all your intentions for it came true ...send all the top quality to the best/richest clubs and to hell with the rest?

Modric was the one who wanted to leave and fought hard to do so , he whined and went on strike and complained and moaned to get what he wanted and then ended up on the bench . Fvck him the littel rat faced twerp!

Bale does not appear to be like that at all, new family, only 23 and has earned and won all the plaudits this year as a player. It seems like he is still improvong and in the right environment right now to get even better on his football education. Why chnage this environment?
Would it not be a better feeling for a person to earn the right to play in the CL rather than move club to do so? Is it not a bit of a hollow victory ...say if Bale went to a CL club after having failed to earn that right with Spurs?

he will get to play CL one way or another next year . I 'd like to think that Spurs will earn it ( Not buy it) and Bale might even stay another year. If not he will be off and he will go with all our fans best wishes. This is an exciting time to be at Spurs , with AVB , new signings and the new stadium on it's way. Maybe he has a bit of loyalty? God forbid that there are any players left with that.

You mention Carrick , great player , we got big money for him ...probably more than he is worth , we were indeed a selling club . The dynamic has changed since then ....the sale of berba and Robbie with him is the watershed mark for that and we learned a big lesson there.
Hopefully we will not bow like that again

14m for carrick that rose to 18 with trophies won- 5 league titles/ champions league/ world club cup /league cup- carrick played 320 games in that time/ only ever present in central midfield he was a bargain imo

Youre saying if he went to real and won the champions league and la liga it would be a hollow victory? Bizarre statement

Sure a southampton fan could say pretty much most of what youve just said about him
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:58am
I don't think any Spurs fan can relax until the season starts & we see Gareth lining up in a Spurs jersey , on the bright side Gareth hasn't to date agitated for a move although his agent seems to be quite active in this regard - only to be expected unfortunately from a breed whose raison d'être is to line their own pockets.

Real seemed to have pulled out of the race pro tem & a Moyes led United may not initially be a good bet , although football
is thankfully a game that cannot be predicted it appears to be a reasonable bet that Spanish & German teams may dominate the Champions league over the next few years & of such teams only real & Barca can afford Gareth ( perhaps his transfer value falls outside even Bayern's scope ? ).

The reality for Spurs fans is of course that the views of other teams fans as to whether or not he should move is of little or no consequence as long as we see him in a Spurs jersey next season as he can only be a vital cog if we hope to push on .

Edited by deiseblue - 04 Jul 2013 at 12:01pm
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 1:39pm
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/07/04/4093884/-

Ok ., he can be rubbish , infuriating, outlandish when not in form ...more often then not this past year BUT he can be sublime (goal against Chelski ) and general all round good play for the last few games of the season. (3)

Not sure if we need to keep him until we are sure we have new players in ....as he just might click again ?? wishful thinking I know but it would be worth a punt holding onto the lanky bollix if weren't on such high wages .

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 4:56pm

agree totally, drives a hard bargain, usually sticks to his word (e.g. modric staying the season before last), and usually gets good value for his players. 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:25pm

Completely agree. Deserves alot of credit for the progression of the club in the last few years. He is a very shrewd operator in the transfer market and in particular handled the Modric and Berbatov situations in the last few year perfectly IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 238>
  Share Topic