Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 238>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I realise it's very early days but what do the Spurs fans on here think of Ange so far?

What do you expect them to say. He is sh*te 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 10:32am

I realise it's very early days but what do the Spurs fans on here think of Ange so far?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 10:54am
[QUOTE=Double Maxim]

What a job Ange is doing at Spurs I had a feeling he would do well there. Lucky to win against 9 players.

Edited by Borussia - 02 Oct 2023 at 10:56am
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 12:04pm
Maddison has being a great signing at the mad money of today  a proven player in the league   he looks a steal at this point .Wonder how Harry would do in this team     his goals might have made them a serios outfit . Still think lack of strength in the squad will prove costly .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Their defense is their big weak point but they’re a good attacking team. 

That’s a simplistic way of looking at it.  They are set up to play attacking football and the full backs to get forward and play with a high line and leave huge spaces behind.  Luckily for them 3 of the back four have huge pace and Romero is the old fashioned stopper.  It’s not so much the defence is poor.  The Dutch centre back is going to turn out to be one of the best centre backs in the premier league and he has was brilliant yesterday and so is Udogie.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 11:29am
Their defense is their big weak point but they’re a good attacking team. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 11:27am
lovely player.   Spurs have a weak squad and the bench had very few attacking options yesterday.  Great start by Ange.  Early days for Spurs.  
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 11:23am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

MaddersDead

He’s worthy of an entry to the “footballers with punchable faces” thread.

I thought that but warmed to him a bit after the Bournemouth fans clip LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 11:10am
He’s a quality footballer. He played two brilliant passes yesterday that cut open the Liverpool defence. One was marginal offside, the other was spurs first goal. Love watching him play.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 10:59am

MaddersDead

He’s worthy of an entry to the “footballers with punchable faces” thread.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Rolling boh Rolling boh wrote:

MaddersDead
                only using that name because a lot of spurs fans are using it .
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 10:44am

MaddersDead

Edited by Rolling boh - 01 Oct 2023 at 10:48am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 9:51am
MaddersDead
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 8:38am
He has got them them playing and trusts the players unlike Conte.They are very dependent  on their first eleven though would need to strengthen  a bit to last in the race for top four.Once Sonny and Madders go off alot of their attacking play fizzles out .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2023 at 7:36am

What a job Ange is doing at Spurs I had a feeling he would do well there.

Quality manager.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 8:08am

🇭🇲 Ange Postecoglou
&pound;️ "We were immigrants. I don't look like your typical refugee, but I was five years old when we came, we went by boat, had no certainty about anything. At the time Australia was looking towards immigrants to help with the workforce, my dad was an unskilled labourer, so we took that leap, stayed in a refugee camp for a while then got a house".

&pound;️ "I had a father who, like every little boy, I just wanted to get close to, but he was working all the time. The only thing he kept inside of him from the old country was his love of football. AEK Athens was his team, I was born a couple of kilometres from the stadium".

&pound;️ "He loved football and, growing up, that was my connection. Our local team was Greek, an immigrant team, and we went there on Sundays and could speak Greek, he felt comfortable for two hours. I loved that, what it did to him as a person and I wanted to get close to that. We would sit up late and watch the games, mostly from England. Match of the Day was our two-hour fix. It was week-old footage but that's where it started."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 10:35am
Nearly gave murph a text yesterday during the game but didn’t want to ruin his retirement.  

Early days with this squad but he has creepy identified the players that suit his system and those that do not.  

He knows you can’t make Dier and Hoijberg the lynchpins of a high press and play out from the back approach.  

Clear with any of the top managers that you need to stick to your guns with your style and not have one player that suits one agile and another player that suits another in the starting team.  

Lloris would not suit this style either.  The full backs have been brilliant as has Bissouma Sarr and Maddison.  
Ange was blessed with an easy enough start with one tough game and 3 gimmes and that’s how it’s played out drawing the tough game.  😉
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 7:19pm
Ange is the man brilliant manager 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 238>
  Share Topic