Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tottenham Hotspur Thread
    Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 7:46pm
Haven't seen a thread on Spurs here to date.

Good signing in Paulinho, hopefully turns out to be a good bit of business. I'm sure Sandro will help him settle in and if they click I can see them forming a great partnership. Hopefully he won't turn out to be another Palacios or Hossam Ghaly.

Still need a couple of top strikers IMO, a centre half and it is vital Bale is held onto. Levy won't give up easy though as he proved with Modric last summer.

Anyway good start to the summer window from AVB
Sponsored Links

MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:21am
Not that I want to do you lads any favours, but as you're a sound lad I'll give you a hand kickstarting this thread.

Paulinho's official press conference:

17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:55am
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 10:28am
Speculation is rife that Spurs have signed two 17 year olds from Dinamo Zagreb for a combined fee that could rise to 17 million Stg.

Tin Jedvaj , a centre half & Alen Halilovic an attacking midfielder , the latter has played Champions league football & is already a full international - one or both of whom could be loaned back to Dinamo for the upcoming season.

Edited by deiseblue - 03 Jul 2013 at 10:32am
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

why don't you grow up and get over your hatred for all things Spurs ...it's getting tedious now and to me sounds unfounded ....jaysus i never saw a guy get along so badly with his brothe in law in my life
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:09am
Really getting sick of Jonathon Barmnet now ...talk about whoring Bale around the papers ....I hate these leach agents ....Bale is better off at Spurs for at least anpother year ....he's only 23 and has loads of time ....he is stil improving at Spurs  Leave him there you selfish pr1ck Barnett

Bale sack this cvnt fastt
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:12am
bale better off at a top club
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

why don't you grow up and get over your hatred for all things Spurs ...it's getting tedious now and to me sounds unfounded ....jaysus i never saw a guy get along so badly with his brothe in law in my life
in fairness it is spurs
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:23am
Spurs Now asociated with

Damiao
Benteke
Negrado
Soldado
Villa
Bernard
Belhanda
to 2 young Croats

and more ...

As a Spurs Fan who do you want to see at The Lane

Benteke for me with Soldado would be tasty !

but iam worried about LB ...we need a replacement /competition for Benny
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:09pm
Soldado is a class act but perhaps Villa's signature is more achievable.

Danny Rose as a left full might be recalled from Sunderland although Spurs seem pretty keen to sell him.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:31pm

BB I am sorry you seem to be having a bad day.....hope it improves.

I admire and respect your passion for your Club , but will respond on one or two inaccuracies in your statement.

I am (sadly) too grown up and do not "hate" Spurs (or any person).....it is just banter that was started over 30 years ago.

As for "never saw a guy get along so badly with his brother in law in my life" ........I wasn't aware you knew us both.

I met him shortly after I met my girlfriend in 1979 (who became Mrs.Hornet) and he was a passionate Spurs fan (like your goodself). Six months later I was visiting him daily in a London hospital as he was dying from lung cancer. Somehow his intensive treatment/ God's intervention stunned his medical team and he recovered to lead a healthy life (even fathering another child despite being told he was sterile after the gruelling chemo treatment). He sadly passed away 12 years ago from a heart attack brought on by an enlarged heart as a result of his earlier treatment. We had enjoyed many great family holidays together and I even allowed him to wear his Spurs rosette at my wedding. I carried his coffin at his funeral wearing my Watford rosette.His children (and grandchildren) are Spurs/Watford fans and they regularly attend Watford games with my family.

Sorry to bore you , but although Football is important........it's not THAT important.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:34pm

BB I am sorry you seem to be having a bad day.....hope it improves.

I admire and respect your passion for your Club , but will respond on one or two inaccuracies in your statement.

I am (sadly) too grown up and do not "hate" Spurs (or any person).....it is just banter that was started over 30 years ago.

As for "never saw a guy get along so badly with his brother in law in my life" ........I wasn't aware you knew us both.

I met him shortly after I met my girlfriend in 1979 (who became Mrs.Hornet) and he was a passionate Spurs fan (like your goodself). Six months later I was visiting him daily in a London hospital as he was dying from lung cancer. Somehow his intensive treatment/ God's intervention stunned his medical team and he recovered to lead a healthy life (even fathering another child despite being told he was sterile after the gruelling chemo treatment). He sadly passed away 12 years ago from a heart attack brought on by an enlarged heart as a result of his earlier treatment. We had enjoyed many great family holidays together and I even allowed him to wear his Spurs rosette at my wedding. I carried his coffin at his funeral wearing my Watford rosette.His children (and grandchildren) are Spurs/Watford fans and they regularly attend Watford games with my family.

Sorry to bore you , but although Football is important........it's not THAT important.

Clap
AKA pedantic kunt
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:44pm
I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue in cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

Edited by Barna Bee - 03 Jul 2013 at 1:18pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:55pm

I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue and cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

HugHug

If it helps , I really dislike Arsenal too........no long story to associate with this Thumbs Up
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:56pm

I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue and cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

Embarrassed LOL
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

I didn't mean to offend you Hornet ...sorry if I did,  my reply was just a tongue in cheek response to yours. Maybe I should have used Big smile Your reply was not necessary but a great story nonetheless . It's always insightful to get a view into other lives and i appreciate it but never meant to offend. As you said football is not that important.

Embarrassed LOL
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 1:19pm

HugHug

If it helps , I really dislike Arsenal too........no long story to associate with this Thumbs Up
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Not that I want to do you lads any favours, but as you're a sound lad I'll give you a hand kickstarting this thread.

Paulinho's official press conference:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 238>
  Share Topic