You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:06pm
Unfortunately Paul has been given/offered the best help that is available, and that hasnt workedCry
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Sponsored Links

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:24pm
Still we should not give up, we the nation owe the man for what he has given us in his performances and pride in the shirt.

I know nothing :-)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Still we should not give up, we the nation owe the man for what he has given us in his performances and pride in the shirt.

We give up?

It's his problem that can only be dealt with by him. I think he should be encouraged and supported.

In a way I see him a bit like Best - deep down he doesn't want to give it up\can't give it up.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

I doubt very much those tweets came from Paul McGrath or he even knows what Twitters is. .

what the fcuk are you on about , he is on twitter the whole time talking to irish fans villa fans to norman whiteside and loads more.

no way his account was hacked , the fella was in a mess and took to twitter, he's not the first.

If Paul McGrath, a grown adult in his 50s and professional football legend is seeking attention in a juvenile way with ..."Save me from myself please worrier ah jessas help¡ :-)"  on the twits machine I'd be more disappointed in him than anything he done whilst on the piss. Jaysus, he really does need help and not just for alcohol Cry 

The man needs help not sympathy.

Why would you be disappointed in anyone who needs help?????????????????

It's been a long hot day Momma, so I won't go back & type it all out again. But I have boldened and even highlighted it for ya to make sure it's not confusing.
Of course one would feel disappointed. Think about it yourself pal. If someone you really admired got to this stage in their life, would you not be disappointed in them? That's only a natural reaction.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 1:04pm
Good stuff Paul has been given the benefit of the probation act and ordered to give one days training to a local soccer club in Tullamore.   

Best of luck of Paul and hopefully he can get back on track.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Brazil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 1:07pm
Lads i know from family  experience there is only one man that can help him and thats himself, if he doesnt want to give up the drink he wont, he needs to decide himself to give it up and then check into rehab.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 1:15pm
Its not a matter of deciding himself.............. its a matter of accepting that he is powerless where drink is concerned and that his life is out of his control
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Brazil Brazil wrote:

Lads i know from family  experience there is only one man that can help him and thats himself, if he doesnt want to give up the drink he wont, he needs to decide himself to give it up and then check into rehab.

seen a few fellas do the same , they just decide themselves one day, no amount of pleading from family made them do it but then one day it clicked and they went in
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 2:57pm
Looking forward to meeting him on Sunday. Did I mention he will be in Ashbourne this Sunday.
Chips don't bounce
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:14pm
He is in court today ya...what happens to the weekend festivities if he gets remanded?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:20pm
He'll not be remanded in custody; it'll either be a plea of guilty and a fine, or else he'll be remanded on bail for about three weeks or a month to get a precis of the evidence agin' him.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 17 Jul 2013 at 3:20pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:22pm
Ah SD I was only stirring...way to blow it!
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Brazil Brazil wrote:

seen a few fellas do the same , they just decide themselves one day, no amount of pleading from family made them do it but then one day it clicked and they went in

He's been in loads of times
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Ah SD I was only stirring...way to blow it!

Hell, even if he gets a three month prison sentence, he'll get out tomorrow or Friday (although I suppose in that instance, he's unlikely to rock up to the ybig yoke).

I've asked around to see if anyone I know was down in Tullamore DC today but nobody yet....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Looking forward to meeting him on Sunday. Did I mention he will be in Ashbourne this Sunday.
Where's Ashbourne and what's happening?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:36pm
His punishment is a day coaching kids at Tullamore FC and the charges will be removed after 6 months if he stays out of trouble. 

Remanded in custodyLOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:39pm
Its already been decided lads. 

From the indo., 

Judge Mitchell, who revealed himself as a Leeds United fan, said he nonetheless would take into consideration McGrath's forthright apology to the Garda and hotel staff, as well as an "impressive" letter from his doctor handed in to the court.

"I am aware you are a national hero and considered one of the greatest soccer players in Ireland," he said.

"Growing up myself I would have watched many of the games.

"But I was not a supporter of many of the clubs you played with myself - I was a Leeds United supporter.

"I'm also aware, as a hero, people looked up to you, and still look up to you."

The judge also noted McGrath's charitable work for cystic fibrosis and acquired brain injury organisations.

Ordering the former footballer to return and give a full day's coaching to children of different age groups at Tullamore Town Soccer Club, Judge Mitchell said he would give him an unconditional discharge under the Probation of Offenders Act, providing McGrath stayed out of trouble.

The judge said it would benefit both the children of the town and McGrath himself.

"You were in Tullamore for a wedding, you will be coming back now to help young people," he said.

As McGrath left the crowded courtroom, a number of onlookers scurried after him into a side foyer of the building, where he stopped for a time, spoke with them and gave autographs.

Flanked by his agent, he refused to speak to reporters as he was led out a side door before he was bundled into a waiting black BMW with darkened windows and sped away.

AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 4:32pm
I see the Sun have a campaign to stop people buying/serving Gazza booze, which gazza is supporting. They should do the same for our Paul in the Irish sun!

But seriously it's up to himself if he doesn't want to drink. I know myself I tried to stop but deep down I didn't want to so now it's all about trying to make sure I don't go overboard but I know myself there is potential every time I go out that I will go overboard and potentially do something I regret
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic