You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Whenever I think Paul Mc Grath, I simultaneously think Phil Lynott. talented, down to earth, old school, decent, working class, black Dubliners. Two gentlemen, they command respect, admiration and genuine love even in those who only feel they know them. I hope a day comes when Paul can rid of himself of that horrible fcukin disease. 
Please your honour, go easy on him, he's one of ours.

Two of my all time heroes Philo and PM. Cool

How bad was the vandalismn to Phils statue ? Shocked
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Whenever I think Paul Mc Grath, I simultaneously think Phil Lynott. talented, down to earth, old school, decent, working class, black Dubliners. Two gentlemen, they command respect, admiration and genuine love even in those who only feel they know them. I hope a day comes when Paul can rid of himself of that horrible fcukin disease. 

Don't think it was vandalism or at least intentional afterall. Lads were messing and somehow managed to do what they did. They came forward the next day.
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I hear ya dude. And what a team they would have made... "....so just 8 minutes in and the Republic of Ireland continue to press forward here at the Neckarstadion....and now McGrath nods it down to Lynott,......and...Oh my word Jimmy Hill....would you look at that, just look at that....Peter Shilton was simply left holding his nuts"

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

A list it is so.
1. Bob Hoskins

Yeah great stuff lads, Paul is black and so is Philip and they are great n'alls. Now back on topic, €7 for adult and €3 for the sprogs and they can meet the legend himself Keith Duffy and maybe johnny Logan and mick Byrne. Bring the nippers to tayto park if ya want too. Get some nice fresh air into those smokey Dublin lungs of yers while ye are it. Mon ta fuq, support local football and get yisser names on the list.
Chips don't bounce
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 5:33pm

A list it is so.
1. Bob Hoskins

Yeah great stuff lads, Paul is black and so is Philip and they are great n'alls. Now back on topic, €7 for adult and €3 for the sprogs and they can meet the legend himself Keith Duffy and maybe johnny Logan and mick Byrne. Bring the nippers to tayto park if ya want too. Get some nice fresh air into those smokey Dublin lungs of yers while ye are it. Mon ta fuq, support local football and get yisser names on the list.

You're the one off topic ya ham sandwich!
Go back now like a good lad and look at the title of the thread will ya. We were all doing just lovely till you crow-barred in your propaganda to pay €7 during a recession to see a village idiots team water their new pitch and johnny logan having his face painted by linda martin. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 6:31pm

Keith Duffy who lives in the parish might be there too for all you boyzone fans.

This is too uncertain for me. If he is definitely there, i am too.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 2:06am

“Minor breaches of the Public Order Act”……sure if that was the case the Gards should arrest half the people out on the p1ss every night. I heard he was shouting etc.....god forbid!

Shame on the Gards down there. They could have just taken him away and let him sober up. Surely no need to arrest him; the whole country knows of his troubles FFS

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

“Minor breaches of the Public Order Act”……sure if that was the case the Gards should arrest half the people out on the p1ss every night. I heard he was shouting etc.....god forbid!

Shame on the Gards down there. They could have just taken him away and let him sober up. Surely no need to arrest him; the whole country knows of his troubles FFS

Agreed. Another bogger cop, trying to make a name and a story for when he is pissed down the pub on a Sunday evening.
benboview View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benboview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 3:40am
f**k alcohol.

Edited by benboview - 03 Jul 2013 at 3:40am
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 4:39am
"He was taken into custody after complaints were made that a man was being loud and annoying others in the area"

If cops did that to us on away trips, we'd all be arrested and The Scientist would be behind bars at the end of every day. Tullamore Gards yis are an absolute disgrace Thumbs Down
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:52am
A tweet 14 mins ago from Paul - "I love Aston Villa and Im pissed soz :)"

Not good

Edited by John W - 03 Jul 2013 at 8:57am
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 8:59am
Unfortanley think Paul back on beer, few weird tweets coming from him.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 9:19am
Lads we don't know the facts, maybe Paul was warned to stop but didn't, maybe the guard asked him to leave but he wouldn't. It's so terribly sad he seems to be lapsing more often lately.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 10:30am
Maybe just maybe Paul wants to continue drinking and should be left to decide that for himself. All the "hope he beats his demons" comments while well intentioned could be adding pressure on a very vulnerable person.

If he is unable to stop, could he not be encouraged to drink in a more controlled way. If we are concerned for Paul, we should support him when he has the odd relapse and not wish for what we want for him instead of what he wants himself....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 10:36am

johnny logan having his face painted by linda martin. 

exactly , if it was johnny painting lindas face you might get a few quid more LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Maybe just maybe Paul wants to continue drinking and should be left to decide that for himself. All the "hope he beats his demons" comments while well intentioned could be adding pressure on a very vulnerable person.

If he is unable to stop, could he not be encouraged to drink in a more controlled way. If we are concerned for Paul, we should support him when he has the odd relapse and not wish for what we want for him instead of what he wants himself....

I see your point Cabra, but Paul clearly can't drink in a controlled way.  I doubt he ever did. It's so fookin tragic.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
kenaneym View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenaneym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:24am
I think he was arrested because he refused to leave the area....unconfirmed reports down here was it took 8 gards to arrest him
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

johnny logan having his face painted by linda martin. 

exactly , if it was johnny painting lindas face you might get a few quid more LOL

I can confirm that both Johhny and Keith will be painting Linda's face in a bukaki theme. How many tickets do ye want lads?
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic