You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding venues in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 9:20pm
Anyone been at a wedding recently in the dublin and kildare area?

What's an average price per head these days? Have seen anything from 50 per head to 100 per head.
Bohs Till I Die
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 6:43pm
Getting married in Ballykisteen Hotel in Limerick Junction near Tipp Town in May 2017, anyone any experiences in this place???
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:38am
Just got engaged in Paris a few weeks ago,she wants a beach wedding or a ceremony somewhere near the ocean in Ireland during the summer,anyone done something similar or have any advice on the matter ?

Looked at a few places in Galway and Donegal but price and weather wise i reckon Spain might be better.

Ta.

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Just got engaged in Paris a few weeks ago,she wants a beach wedding or a ceremony somewhere near the ocean in Ireland during the summer,anyone done something similar or have any advice on the matter ?

Looked at a few places in Galway and Donegal but price and weather wise i reckon Spain might be better.

Ta.

A beach wedding in Ireland? Do they make waterproof thermal bridal gear these days?
El Puto Amo
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:58am
Sister got married in Harveys Point over the weekend. Sensational venue..Lovely views overlooking Lough Eske and the bluestack Mountains. The groom worked there when he was young so got a reduced rate!
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:19am

Ta.

fair play. think that was the same weekend a mate was visiting me and proposed to his missus under the Eiffel tower.

French west coast would be a good balance with coast and good weather. have a couple in Bordeaux this summer, big venues for very respectable prices. top wine on the cheap is the most important part!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:19am

Ta.

The armada Spanish Point
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Sister got married in Harveys Point over the weekend. Sensational venue..Lovely views overlooking Lough Eske and the bluestack Mountains. The groom worked there when he was young so got a reduced rate!

Beautiful spot, questionable weather though!
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:40am

Ta.

it's a nice idea but the main issue you will face is that ireland actually doesn't have a summer. 

it has the odd spring, but never a summer. i honestly dont think i've been to wedding at home in the summer where it hasnt rained all day.

that said there are some beautiful beaches in donegal but the best ones are quiet isolated.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:43am

Ta.

The Strand, Dunmore East is a cracking venue but as with anywhere on the island you are at the mercy of the weather. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:55am
Was a a reception in Dunmore House outside Clonakilty 2 years back. A lovely spot but even in August, it was pretty breezy.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:06am
Don't do it
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:20am
LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:24am

You might as well go the whole distance.

El Puto Amo
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:25am
Cheers lads ,Only really need an hour of decent weather and then head to the hotel /venue ,will check out a few of those spots ,for the lads who got married in the last few years ,what’s the average price of a wedding in Ireland ?

I assume Donegal will be cheaper than Dublin /Kildare etc .
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:39am
the amarda (mentioned above) is decent and it's on the beach. miltown malbay is also good for pints.

tbh i am rarely impressed by irish hotel weddings. they just seem to be a conveyor belt of weddings. some will have 4/5 a week so you imagine the turnover. 

best wedding i went to last year was at a pub. 

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:40am

Cheers lads ,Only really need an hour of decent weather and then head to the hotel /venue ,will check out a few of those spots ,for the lads who got married in the last few years ,what’s the average price of a wedding in Ireland ?

I assume Donegal will be cheaper than Dublin /Kildare etc .

I got married in Donegal and it is some spot. Very windy though if you get a bad day. Lucky we got a good one, but the missus was still panicking her hair would get wrecked when we had pictures on the beach because no matter what its always breezy In Donegal LOL. Prices vary depending on how many you have etc. You can get good deals if you shop around though.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:22pm
The Mulrany Park Hotel in Mayo. 5 minute walk from the beach and it has a bit of shelter from Clew Bay so it isn't always breezy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic