You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding venues in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

The Armada Hotel in Spanish Point

Went to School beside there. Stunning scenery. Was a kip of a spot years ago but they did a big job on it and it is stunning now. You will not get a better location in my view.  What a spot. 

I was at a wedding there a few weeks ago, brilliant location and the service was excellent.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:48pm
Im getting married here http://www.ashford.ie/
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:50pm
I'm getting married in Brooke Lodge in Wicklow Gerk - lovely spot
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:53pm
Is this the death of YBIG.  

GAZ, Sono, Honeymonster, Gerk, Sasa, Saint Tom all getting cash and carried.  

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment I will make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Jun 2013 at 1:54pm
AKA pedantic kunt
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:54pm
I have had zero offers yet but I am getting married there even if I have to marry myself Tongue
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:05pm

I have calculated it is not financially viable for me to marry yet but when the two points of the diagram intersect that is the moment I will make my move Wink Although I am not sure if the time spent at the wedding and on the honeymoon should be charged to the hotel or myself or as part of of the overall cost of the wedding.  Wink

Everyone's growing up Baldrick. And with our vast disposable incomes we have to splash the cash on something eh! Might aswell get married! Wink
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

That is a class spot ,I was never at a wedding there but I had a meal there once when I was in the area and it is a stunning place.The scenery is unreal and the food was class.
probably outrageous prices for a wedding.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Everyone's growing up Baldrick. And with our vast disposable incomes we have to splash the cash on something eh! Might aswell get married! Wink

Left you out of that list Steve Sorry about that.  (great wedding by the way and enjoyed the location too.  Great day.  I still have stuff belonging to Tom and Clair in my apartment from that night.  Wink Must give them back the hair dryer that I have never used.  

I can see a huge mount of lads knocking away trips on the head Thumbs Down
AKA pedantic kunt
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:31pm

Oh my word  Shocked
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:46pm

I have had zero offers yet but I am getting married there even if I have to marry myself Tongue

I think if you suggested that the fella has to pay for thon place he might be suggesting you have marital relations with yourself alright.
@AntrimMan85
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:48pm

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Left you out of that list Steve Sorry about that.  (great wedding by the way and enjoyed the location too.  Great day.  I still have stuff belonging to Tom and Clair in my apartment from that night.  Wink Must give them back the hair dryer that I have never used.  

I can see a huge mount of lads knocking away trips on the head Thumbs Down

Ah no worries about that of course Baldy! And I just hope Saint Tom has managed without his hairdryer in the meantime LOL

But yeah, weddings do tend to hamper lads on their trips. Few of our regular gang hardly make the trips these days. Partly the marriage as it costs a bundle of course, but also because of kids that usually follow Wink

Luckily my missus loves going on the trips herself, and so does the little fella! 

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:15pm
No messing but there was a wedding gang in McGowans in Churchtown on a Saturday night about 6 or 7 years ago. Probably had a bit of pub grub in the Bottle Tower and then came across to McGowan. Would this not be right up your alley Gerk?

Recently I've been to weddings in Sumerhill House, Knightsbrook and Killashee House and couldn't fault any of them, all top notch.

Was at one at the Mullingar Park Hotel in April and it was fine until after the meal when the room pretty much shut down while staff brouht in a make shift stage for the band. Probably took about 30min in which time most people just left for the residents bar and plenty didn't come back.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:50pm

Hard to jusitfy the money spent on weddings in this country.  50 grand is mad stuff.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 3:53pm

Hard to jusitfy the money spent on weddings in this country.  50 grand is mad stuff.  
feckin ludricious for what is in all intensive purposes a party Wacko
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:00pm
The average wedding in Ireland is 23 grand. 50 grand is Celtic Tiger bullsh*t
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Angry

@AntrimMan85
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Angry

wha...for the risk of heading to the thick thread, I have I missed something?

EDIT: I just googled it: "All intents and purposes"  Embarrassed

Edited by colemanY2K - 19 Jun 2013 at 4:04pm
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The average wedding in Ireland is 23 grand. 50 grand is Celtic Tiger bullsh*t

What would you expect to get in cash wedding presents these days, 12 - 15k?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic