You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding venues in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:23pm
Do they do weddings at Lansdowne Road ???!!!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Just got engaged in Paris a few weeks ago,she wants a beach wedding or a ceremony somewhere near the ocean in Ireland during the summer,anyone done something similar or have any advice on the matter ?

Looked at a few places in Galway and Donegal but price and weather wise i reckon Spain might be better.

Ta.

it's a nice idea but the main issue you will face is that ireland actually doesn't have a summer. 

it has the odd spring, but never a summer. i honestly dont think i've been to wedding at home in the summer where it hasnt rained all day.

that said there are some beautiful beaches in donegal but the best ones are quiet isolated.

As the Dubs would say, get up out of that! Unless you've only been to a handful of weddings that simply can't be true LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

No just funerals
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If they have a certian type of certificate you can. Croker has one one afaik
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:00pm
Mulranny may be the sort of spot you're looking for alright.

If you're feeling hella flush, try the five star cliff house hotel in Waterford.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:02pm

Cheers lads ,Only really need an hour of decent weather and then head to the hotel /venue ,will check out a few of those spots ,for the lads who got married in the last few years ,what’s the average price of a wedding in Ireland ?

I assume Donegal will be cheaper than Dublin /Kildare etc .

Armada sounds exactly what you are looking for. It's not in Miltown Malbay as stated above, it's in Spanish Point.

Spectacular views check it out.
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:06pm
Garryvoe Hotel in East Cork. Great spot

https://m.garryvoehotel.com/
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:21pm
Sister got married in Lusty Beg. Great spot as its basically your own a private island, car ferry over and back is slow and fits only a few cars but the place itself is great. Big hall for the day and little pub type place for the following day and if the weather is nice you can do a BBQ. Accommodation is both in the hotel or in large houses on the island. Handy to bring your own booze as well
Read it 3 times before posting
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:47pm
Taking some punt on the weather being half decent Salzburg............was at me nephew's wedding in September on the beach, but he's born and raised in Queensland so the weather was a given. LOL

Noosa North Shore by the way if you win a few dollars, cracking spot/beach.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:11pm
If you want to get married in a beach then you need to avoid Ireland.... prob 60-70% chance it will be bad weather. 

Go for France / Portugal etc
Better value for money and good weather.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:24pm

225 days of rain annually on the West coast of Ireland
El Puto Amo
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:27pm
Best wedding I have been at in terms of location was in Ravello on the Amalfi coast of Italy. Not right on the beach but a brilliant view overlooking the sea. And not to bad cost-wise as far as I know. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:03pm
Yeah, if you're south of Rome in Italy, you're basically guaranteed good temperatures and cheap enough food and wine.

The issue is that it may be *too* hot, depending on the time of year.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Cheers lads ,Only really need an hour of decent weather and then head to the hotel /venue ,will check out a few of those spots ,for the lads who got married in the last few years ,what’s the average price of a wedding in Ireland ?

I assume Donegal will be cheaper than Dublin /Kildare etc .

Armada sounds exactly what you are looking for. It's not in Miltown Malbay as stated above, it's in Spanish Point.

Spectacular views check it out.
have stayed here and food in the hotel was excellent
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:31pm
Was at a mates wedding in Malaga in August,he got married on a lawn,limo picked up him and the groomsmen,then the bride and her crew,drinks and finger food in the courtyard,live singer,then a 3 course meal and drinks for 150 people at the reception inside a canopy,private disco next door with a dj,free bar until 6am,photographer included,he just told me the whole package cost him 15k,doubt i would get that deal in Ireland.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:34pm

Was at a mates wedding in Malaga in August,he got married on a lawn,limo picked up him and the groomsmen,then the bride and her crew,drinks and finger food in the courtyard,live singer,then a 3 course meal and drinks for 150 people at the reception inside a canopy,private disco next door with a dj,free bar until 6am,photographer included,he just told me the whole package cost him 15k,doubt i would get that deal in Ireland.

As someone who got married in Ireland this year, no chance
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:53pm
The free booze alone would be twice that.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 9:48pm

We're going down the route of getting married on my fiancée's land. Sadly it's Wicklow and not sunny Málaga! Just wondering if anyone had any experience organising something similar. We're currently sorting out marquees/toilets etc. Any advice on what went well or recommendations of companies used would be most welcome. Anyone that has been to a ceremony like this before how did they run the alcohol serving? Hired people to run a bar/get people to chip in money and supply beer etc or what?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic