You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best town in Ireland for a stag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Were going too Hamburg for the future bro in laws one next Feb. Bloody expensive it will be but should be a good laugh haven't a word of German in me ha and I'm f**ked if I'm learning 

Im a Waterford man and dont think here would be a great option. Kilkenny, Dublin or Cork would be my picks but plenty of other towns too 

Some true colonial spirit there!speak your English in a slow but louder manner at them and they'll understand. Stupid Germans
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:24am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Heading down to Carrick on Shannon this weekend for a stag do. Any recommendations for decent spot to watch the Ireland match on Friday night?
Percy Whelans, Murtaghs, Dunnes all ok for football. Percy Whelans has a pool table up the back. For grub, try the Oarsman, down the hill heading towards the bridge.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

was on arranmore island for one at the weekend there. No activities just 3 days of solid drinking. Rebel band in the bar from 1pm on sunday. Best stag I was ever on. Paying for it big time. 
Going to Galway for my own but have been hearing a lot of the bars aren’t too stag friendly. Any truth to that?

Some are a bit funny but only remember 1 bar that actually said they don't allow stags. So long as you aren't overly obvious about it, like walking around dressed as a massive Mickey, you'll be grand.

Do your pub crawl during the day and get in to a late bar good and early!
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

was on arranmore island for one at the weekend there. No activities just 3 days of solid drinking. Rebel band in the bar from 1pm on sunday. Best stag I was ever on. Paying for it big time. 
Going to Galway for my own but have been hearing a lot of the bars aren’t too stag friendly. Any truth to that?

Some are a bit funny but only remember 1 bar that actually said they don't allow stags. So long as you aren't overly obvious about it, like walking around dressed as a massive Mickey, you'll be grand.

was in galway on a stag before and i was refused entry into the Dail bar of all places LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:30am

Were going too Hamburg for the future bro in laws one next Feb. Bloody expensive it will be but should be a good laugh haven't a word of German in me ha and I'm f**ked if I'm learnin

Im a Waterford man and dont think here would be a great option. Kilkenny, Dublin or Cork would be my picks but plenty of other towns too 

I'd cancel it if I were you, not worth the risk.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Were going too Hamburg for the future bro in laws one next Feb. Bloody expensive it will be but should be a good laugh haven't a word of German in me ha and I'm f**ked if I'm learnin

I'd cancel it if I were you, not worth the risk.

i'd cancel too. you're retardism wouldn't be accepted there 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

was in galway on a stag before and i was refused entry into the Dail bar of all places LOL

I expected , it as we gave the bar photos of known trouble makes from independent web sites , you were on the list Approve
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:33am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Well it certainly was not because of the massive mickey anyway 
AKA pedantic kunt
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 11:50am

Were going too Hamburg for the future bro in laws one next Feb. Bloody expensive it will be but should be a good laugh haven't a word of German in me ha and I'm f**ked if I'm learning 

Was there on one last year. Reeperbahn is mental. Make sure you're still standing last in the night, place only really gets going after midnight

Some people just deserve a slap
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:23pm

Hamburg shouldnt be overly expensive.Flights and accomodation are usually very reasonable .

Was over there last year and flights were €80 return and twin room was €90 per night.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Hamburg shouldnt be overly expensive.Flights and accomodation are usually very reasonable .

Was over there last year and flights were €80 return and twin room was €90 per night.
I would say Hookers and Blow is what yer man is thinking what will cost him .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:10pm
Was in Berlin for a stags three months ago. That was very cheap, way cheaper than Dublin. I'd guess Hamburg is similar in price.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Was in Berlin for a stags three months ago. That was very cheap, way cheaper than Dublin. I'd guess Hamburg is similar in price.

no hamburg more expensive than berlin , still nowhere near dublin prices though
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Heading down to Carrick on Shannon this weekend for a stag do. Any recommendations for decent spot to watch the Ireland match on Friday night?
Percy Whelans, Murtaghs, Dunnes all ok for football. Percy Whelans has a pool table up the back. For grub, try the Oarsman, down the hill heading towards the bridge.

Was in Percy Whelans for a stag a few years ago. 11.30 in the morning and full locals doing coke openly in the smoking area listening to Tiesto.
We were on a stag but what was their excuse?
They set up a pool comp and started getting a bit thick when they lost.
Think everything came in cans too.
The dark side.. And the light
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Was in Percy Whelans for a stag a few years ago. 11.30 in the morning and full locals doing coke openly in the smoking area listening to Tiesto.
We were on a stag but what was their excuse?
They set up a pool comp and started getting a bit thick when they lost.
Think everything came in cans too.
No excuse for that.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 11:10pm
Just back yesterday from a stag in Lisbon. It was a great spot and cheap enough. Return flights with TAP were about €130; apartment for 11 people was about €160 each for four nights and it was in a very central location; booze was cheap and plentiful. Again though, like Hamburg, it really only gets going after midnight. Some of the lads were out til 7am on the Friday night; we were out again til about 6am on the Sunday night.

I'm still shook & might not bother drinking in Denmark.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 7:26am
Doonbeg LOLLOL
Bunch of f**kin gombeen leprechauns
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:50am
Heading to Killarney for a stag on the bank holiday weekend. Anyone ever been?

Any recomendations for decent boozers? Preferably pubs that don't do food. 

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Jul 2019 at 9:51am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic