You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 452>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Could imagine auld Jason Mc letting his curly locks grow a bit and being a bit sunkissed lining out for the Argies.

hhahha.,  yes Batistuta and Canniggia gets sunny golden hair, we are the envy of our european looks from Mexico to Chile, only Uruguayans are similar to use, but they are only 3 millions. 

From irish descendent i only know Rodrigo "the jewel" Palacio, Jose Luis Brown,  Javier McAllister and Patricio McAllister.  i think former world cup winner el loco René Houseman was also from  irish heritage as is elegant former national team number 10, Charlie Babington back in the 70's

Now there is a few argentinians playing for Mexico, (residency)( and Italy, (heritage) Southampton's Osvaldo, Schelotto, Camoranesi before,  as for some Croatians tried to get Cvitanich and Bilos unsuccesfully, and a now  a new greek boy  a forward is under attention for the greek youths.
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 12:12am
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Could imagine auld Jason Mc letting his curly locks grow a bit and being a bit sunkissed lining out for the Argies.

hhahha.,  yes Batistuta and Canniggia gets sunny golden hair, we are the envy of our european looks from Mexico to Chile, only Uruguayans are similar to use, but they are only 3 millions. 

From irish descendent i only know Rodrigo "the jewel" Palacio, Jose Luis Brown,  Javier McAllister and Patricio McAllister.  i think former world cup winner el loco René Houseman was also from  irish heritage as is elegant former national team number 10, Charlie Babington back in the 70's

Now there is a few argentinians playing for Mexico, (residency)( and Italy, (heritage) Southampton's Osvaldo, Schelotto, Camoranesi before,  as for some Croatians tried to get Cvitanich and Bilos unsuccesfully, and a now  a new greek boy  a forward is under attention for the greek youths.

Jose Luis Brown and the McAllister bros (along with a surprising amount of notable argentines) were of Scottish ancestry:
Your right that the others were of Irish ancestry though.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 5:31pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Argentine_people_of_Irish_descent

The Brown name in Argentina is of Irish descent not Scottish!

Admiral William Brown (also known in Spanish as Guillermo Brown) (22 June 1777 – 3 March 1857) was an Irish-born Argentine Admiral. Brown's victories in the Independence War, the Cisplatine War, and the Anglo-French blockade of the Río de la Plata earned the respect and appreciation of the Argentine people, and today he is regarded as one of Argentina's national heroes. Creator and first admiral of the country's maritime forces, he is commonly known as the "father of the Argentine Navy".
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 7:38pm

The influence continues to the present day. In the 1986 World Cup final, the scorer of the first goal in Argentina's 3-2 win against West Germany was Jose Luis Brown, direct descendant of a Scot who set sail for Buenos Aires in 1825.

On 11 August 1825, James Brown was one of 220 Scots on board the Symmetry, one of several ships that left Leith and Greenock for Buenos Aires that year. Their passage had been paid by two Roxburghshire-born landowners, John and William Parish Robertson, who, with the consent of the Argentinian government, set out to establish an 'experimental agricultural colony' at Monte Grande, outside Buenos Aires.

Four years later the experiment had failed, but many of the original settlers went on to prosper. Brown like many other "hardy sons of rustic toil" hailing largely from the south and west of Scotland, became a successful farmer. The youngest of his offspring, also James, went on to father nine sons, no less than seven of whom – Jorge Gibson, Ernesto, Eliseo, Alfredo, Carlos Carr, Tomas and Diego Hope Brown – featured for Hutton's Alumni team. The first five also played regularly for Argentina, as did their cousin Juan Domingo Brown.

Returning to the subject this lad at Sheffield Utd may be eligible for the Republic of Ireland (if he's eligible for the North he can also play for you can't he ?).

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 2:53am
Nice

If we're looking at the Nordie u-21s, Liam Donnelly at Fulham and Greg Tempest at Notts County are also worth a look
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Liam1289 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam1289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 9:01pm
Since Keane is in charge anyone else think he might have a word in Michael and Will Keanes ear.

there father is from Artane i believe.

There is also Patrick Bamford @ Chelsea, Ryan Mclaughlin @ liverpool and Rory Donnelly @ Swansea i would think would be decent additons
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 9:50pm
Ask a player once, do you want to play for Ireland simple answer Yes or No Thumbs Up

If the player refuses, then none of this backtracking or waiting, a polite ok and we'll more on would more than suffice. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
keith3307 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith3307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 10:17pm
Jordan Graham and Bradley Lewis at Aston Villa.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:28pm
Don't want to link to the D*ily M*il, but they indicate Nathan Redmond at Norwich and Harry Kane at Spurs as two possible call-ups. Either would be quite a coup

Keane brothers, Naughton and some other old chestnuts also mentioned
Mystery Benefactor View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystery Benefactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:47pm
There is more chance of Stephen Irelands great grandmothers playing for Ireland than Curtis Davies playing for MON again
Take me back.....!!!??!!
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:00pm
Marc Noble, young Harry Kane the norwich small winger and the keane brothers and Callum McManaman, the Spurs full bck  plays both sides but he is average
Mystery Benefactor View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystery Benefactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:09pm
Naughton at left back would be lovely thanks!  Noble is a nice footballer but he is as English and as West 'Aaammm as it gets. Nothing wrong with that atall, but he is St George to his core I'd imagine. Redmond is a lovely footballer and would be a great addition.
The Jury is out in McManaman, he could be class or he could do a McLean on it and kinda fall back into the pack as he gets a little older
Take me back.....!!!??!!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Don't want to link to the D*ily M*il, but they indicate Nathan Redmond at Norwich and Harry Kane at Spurs as two possible call-ups. Either would be quite a coup

Keane brothers, Naughton and some other old chestnuts also mentioned

I would say its complete bollixx to be fair
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:36pm
Young Harry Kane's Da is from Galway. Sort it out Da, bring your kids up Irish, doesn't matter where their born.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Mystery Benefactor Mystery Benefactor wrote:

Naughton at left back would be lovely thanks!  Noble is a nice footballer but he is as English and as West 'Aaammm as it gets. Nothing wrong with that atall, but he is St George to his core I'd imagine. Redmond is a lovely footballer and would be a great addition.
The Jury is out in McManaman, he could be class or he could do a McLean on it and kinda fall back into the pack as he gets a little older

Might be wrong (didn't google) but I think Noble has a lot of Irish family members hailing from the Rebel county.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:33pm
Noel King's got something up his sleeve

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/republic-set-their-sights-on-expanding-eligible-player-pool-29745656.html

Another matter to discuss is King's progress with players that he is attempting to draft in.

"I saw one lad on Saturday who was fantastic," he says, teasing his audience. "And he's eligible for the next campaign. I'll tell you next week (who he is) as I have to contact him."

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:40pm
Jamie O Hara
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 6:00pm
i don't think we want any of the England rejects, just cause they never made it for England. Also we shouldn't be contacting players they should be making themselves available.
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 452>
  Share Topic