You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 447448449450451 452>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Isn't eligible. He's a generation out.
Thank f**k, another desperate granny ruler attempt is all we need.
Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 5:50pm
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

He's not wrong:

Comparing eras is the height of bolloxology & in that respect he's more than wrong, he's talking out his hole in entirety. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

He's not wrong:

Don’t think Jack would have played grealish
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:01pm
Jack convinced spurs Andy turner to play for us and I remember it was a real boost as he burst onto the scene. Alas he never progressed but the lad had skill and played non hoof ball.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:43pm
Jason McAteer saying the FAI picked a random McAteer from County Down when sorting his paperwork. Mind you, he was talking on Under the Cosh where exaggerated stories are pretty much their stock in trade

‘Some random fella, like Seán or Paddy McAteer from Down was picked’ – Jason McAteer reveals how he got his Irish passport

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Jason McAteer saying the FAI picked a random McAteer from County Down when sorting his paperwork. Mind you, he was talking on Under the Cosh where exaggerated stories are pretty much their stock in trade

‘Some random fella, like Seán or Paddy McAteer from Down was picked’ – Jason McAteer reveals how he got his Irish passport

Somebody already on twitter had the quote from his book where he mentioned it was his Dad's Dad that was the connection. 
Celticbhoy32 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celticbhoy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:55pm
Clowns like mcateer would put you off the granny rule. I'm all for lads playing for us who feeli Irish. When this kind of sh*t comes out though it's embarrassing 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:58pm
McAteer is an embarrassment, loves pushing the paddywhackery tales when he's on British TV to try and get a laugh. A pity Stephen Cluxton didn't hit him a few more digs.
We're decent enough..
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:38pm
There were a few during the Charlton years with tenuous links. I think Alderidge was another one who might have gotten in on a great-grandfather.

I personally don't have a problem with it. It was 30/40 years ago. A different time. All them lads bought into it 100% and gave the country a massive lift when were the economic backwater of the western world. 

The context today is different 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

There were a few during the Charlton years with tenuous links. I think Alderidge was another one who might have gotten in on a great-grandfather.

I personally don't have a problem with it. It was 30/40 years ago. A different time. All them lads bought into it 100% and gave the country a massive lift when were the economic backwater of the western world. 

Well said.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 7:00pm

How wolf he have got in on great grandfather rule. I thought the rules were strictly grandparents.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 8:32pm

Aldo qualified to play for us through one of his grandmothers.

Edited by J89 - 27 Feb 2024 at 8:40pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 8:35pm
I’d take McAteers comments with a big pinch of salt 
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I’d take McAteers comments with a big pinch of salt 

Yopu try and give McAteer the benefit of the doubt, but I agree he can't help himself with the bullsh*t stories.  He basically has a media career because Ireland gave him a profile.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 3:43pm
He was not nicknamed “ Trigger” for nothing.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:29pm
Liam Kitching who got the assist for Coventry's goal qualifies for Ireland. 24yr old left footed CB that also played LB when he broke into senior football.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Liam Kitching who got the assist for Coventry's goal qualifies for Ireland. 24yr old left footed CB that also played LB when he broke into senior football.

He really goes for it
Throws the Kitching sink at it most weeks 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 447448449450451 452>
  Share Topic