You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 450>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I wonder are our scouts having a closer look at Denis Cirkin?

LB a problem spot for us in the near-future. 

He's making more and more waves, and could be a PL player next year.  

Though looks unlikely to be involved with England in the foreseeable future, whatever about Lithuania.

Manning, O'Dowda, Furlong, Adaramola, Roughan, Lyons. I think we'll be ok! Haven't been overly impressed by Cirkin either!

He's a better player than the majority of the above players you've mentioned, John. Certainly Furlong, Adaramola and Lyons and could argue regarding O'Dowda.

Well I could argue he isn't, he looks rash to me and he has struggled to hold down a ft place at sunderland. As I said he hasn't impressed me when I've seen him play. Regardless Sunderland aren't going up!

That often happens when you pick up a few injuries.
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 10:34pm

Though looks unlikely to be involved with England in the foreseeable future, whatever about Lithuania.
Manning, O'Dowda, Furlong, Adaramola, Roughan, Lyons. I think we'll be ok! Haven't been overly impressed by Cirkin either!

He's a better player than the majority of the above players you've mentioned, John. Certainly Furlong, Adaramola and Lyons and could argue regarding O'Dowda.
Well I could argue he isn't, he looks rash to me and he has struggled to hold down a ft place at sunderland. As I said he hasn't impressed me when I've seen him play. Regardless Sunderland aren't going up!

Yeah fair enough, it's subjective I suppose. He's hardly struggled to hold down a place in fairness. Missed a few games with injury and couple of sub appearances coming back from them injuries but a starter when no issues with him.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 10:40pm

I think you mean Latvia but as YTM said above, he'll likely be involved with Englands 21s. I think he's also eligible for Russia but could be wrong about that.

Didn’t realise he was born in Dublin! Could be an option for us alright, doubt he’ll get a look in with England.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 15 May 2023 at 10:42pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I think you mean Latvia but as YTM said above, he'll likely be involved with Englands 21s. I think he's also eligible for Russia but could be wrong about that.

Didn’t realise he was born in Dublin! Could be an option for us alright, doubt he’ll get a look in with England.

Yeah definitely think he'd be a good option for us and still a young fella in a position we're not exactly flush in and can actually defend.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 15 May 2023 at 11:12pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 11:13pm

I remember him saying on Instagram a few years ago when someone asked if he would ever play for Latvia he said yeah he'd be happy to play for any one of England, Ireland or Latvia.

Could definitely see him switch from England anyway unless he really kicks on.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Left Dublin when he was 3yo, both parents Latvian. I actually thought I had read somewhere that he didnt feel at all Irish and was more inclined towards England in the first instance and Latvia thereafter. He's a good prospect, but dont see him switching any time soon and if he does it may well be for Latvia.

I remember him saying on Instagram a few years ago when someone asked if he would ever play for Latvia he said yeah he'd be happy to play for any one of England, Ireland or Latvia.

Could definitely see him switch from England anyway unless he really kicks on.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:00am
As much as players should play for the country they feel most attached to and all that, realistically he's probably not going to want to bother with Latvia unless he turns out to be a lower league level player. They are terrible and there is limited enough interest in the sport in that country.

Edited by You Tell Me - 16 May 2023 at 11:01am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:39am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

As much as players should play for the country they feel most attached to and all that, realistically he's probably not going to want to bother with Latvia unless he turns out to be a lower league level player. They are terrible and there is limited enough interest in the sport in that country.

Tbf they played well enough against us and were only beaten 1-0 to Wales away from home 7 days later in their ECQ game. I thought they looked ok, obviously a rung below us, but certainly not terrible.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:04pm

That's that sorted, no PL for Cirkin who presumably was injured again. Any young Irish at Luton, I know Louis Watson is there and Glenn Rea is on loan at Cheltenham, neither likely to play in the first team, any others? Luton used to be full of Irish.
Idah Dream!
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 4:30pm
Sean McAllister, 20 year old attacking midfielder from Antrim, on the bench for Everton in the PL today.

Has a few underage caps for NI.

Apparently he came close to joining the Celtic academy, but plumbed for Everton instead.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 10:48pm
Celtic would only offer him an electrician position 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 10:50pm
LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 7:38am
Bright spark. Would be a bit of a wrench for him to leave the NI set-up though. Doubt if that’s in the pipeline.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 11:51am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Celtic would only offer him an electrician position 

LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 3:04pm

Sean McAllister, 20 year old attacking midfielder from Antrim, on the bench for Everton in the PL today.

Has a few underage caps for NI.

Apparently he came close to joining the Celtic academy, but *choseEmbarrassed Everton instead.

Sean McAllister is From a strong GAA background and cites Seamus Coleman as an inspiration:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2654795/everton-talent-mcallister-on-coleman-connection-and-blues-dream  

I've never seen him play, but obviously Everton rate him. If he's interested he's someone we might look at getting in to the fold sooner rather than later, as he could be a Conor Bradley type player in terms of development.  It was a shame we missed out on him. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 11:46pm

Zak Gilsenan in the Australia U23 squad for the Toulon tournament this summer.

Has declined the call up. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:33am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Zak Gilsenan in the Australia U23 squad for the Toulon tournament this summer.

Has declined the call up. 

Could be right but, If you're getting that from the a certain Twitter account, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:02pm
If not already mentioned Shea Charles whom came on for city yesterday has family from kileavy armagh, think have a grand parent connection 

Edited by armahibee - 29 May 2023 at 11:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 450>
  Share Topic