You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 450>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by BlackKat BlackKat wrote:

Is Lynden Gooch tied to the US team? Can't tell if he has played for them outside of friendlies.

Would be a really good option for us at RWB.
Maybe you're right but playing devil's advocate: is a player incapable of making the USA team since 2016 "a really good option"? 

The US team is full up with talented players now and they're going for younger age profiles in general.

Gooch has performed really well this season. Quick, good passer, strong, hard working, and loves to get forward as well. I've been really impressed with him and it doesn't look like he'll be called up again to US team because of the competition for his position.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:56am
This is one that does not pass my gut test. The lad played under 18 for us, switched to the USA and has played most of his career in League One. It is not Patrick Bamford or James Milner we are talking about here in terms of quality of player that gave us a game or two and moved on. 
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

This is one that does not pass my gut test. The lad played under 18 for us, switched to the USA and has played most of his career in League One. It is not Patrick Bamford or James Milner we are talking about here in terms of quality of player that gave us a game or two and moved on. 

Milner??????????????
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Milner??????????????

Pretty sure it's urban myth that he was ever eligible.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Milner??????????????

Pretty sure it's urban myth that he was ever eligible.

True, there was a James Milner who played an u14 game for us way back, not the now famous one tho
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 6:39pm
Saw one of the player tracking pages on twitter post this article: https://roscommonherald.ie/2022/09/13/player-with-roscommon-roots-makes-manchester-united-debut/

Can't say I have ever heard of the lad but he seems to have impressed at underage level and has recently made his debut for the Man Utd first time. 
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Saw one of the player tracking pages on twitter post this article: https://roscommonherald.ie/2022/09/13/player-with-roscommon-roots-makes-manchester-united-debut/

Can't say I have ever heard of the lad but he seems to have impressed at underage level and has recently made his debut for the Man Utd first time. 
That says it’s his great grandfather that’s from Roscommon right? That’s a shame, would have been a good get for us. 

He’s extremely clinical and was great at u18s level. He’s struggled with the step up to u21s though, gets outmuscled very easily and doesn’t have the pace to avoid it. As a result he’s spent most matches barely touching the ball. The rare time he gets a chance though he still finishes well. I don’t think he’ll become a top player and unlikely to play for England so would have been good to have a real finisher in the Irish setup. 

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:39pm
Jake Clarke-Salter (remember him), just back from injury and starts for QPR but Jimmy Dunne gets demoted to the bench in the progress.
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:00pm
I see some on Twitter saying James Maddison is eligible.
Not sure he is, thought he had played a game for England, but an awful waste of time nonetheless 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Not sure he is, thought he had played a game for England, but an awful waste of time nonetheless 
I believe he is eligible, there was a lot of talk about it when he was at Norwich and Aberdeen. He chose England a long time ago and that won’t ever change.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:18pm
Under new rules he'd possibly be eligible come November but I'm sure he's played with England U21s after turning 21. Being a granny ruler he'd need to have his birth registered before that point right.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:43pm
I don't think he's eligible. I think it's 3 caps or less before turning 21, he was 22 he England capped him competitively.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:48pm

Waste of time for who? Playing for your country is the pinnacle for every footballer. I'm sure he'd take one cap over playing for a country he's never showed any interest in representing.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

I don't think he's eligible. I think it's 3 caps or less before turning 21, he was 22 he England capped him competitively.

Yup, thought it was 21 and under but also didn't realise Maddison is 25 turning 26 this November. Thought he was the same age group as Declan Rice rather than Josh Cullen.
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:55pm

Waste of time for who? Playing for your country is the pinnacle for every footballer. I'm sure he'd take one cap over playing for a country he's never showed any interest in representing.
Would be a waste of time for FAI to pursue it. He has no interest in representing us.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:56pm
Maddison was in consideration for an Ireland Under-21 call up back when he was at Coventry, so it's possible he did have/got an Irish passport prior to representing England. I doubt it matters, it's extremely unlikely he'll switch.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:56pm

Would be a waste of time for FAI to pursue it. He has no interest in representing us.
Fair enough.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 1:57pm
Worth a try
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 450>
  Share Topic