You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394395396397398 452>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 6:09pm
It's in the last PDF at the bottom of the webpage below:

It's a long read but, in terms of what we're talking about here, you really just need to read page 30 of the doc.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Anyone got a link to the rules they could put up?

On reading about Stokes fans (possible) tiring with O Neill I was wondering how longer he would last if he didn’t have a good start to the season when average life span of a championship manager is  considered.

Back to delap Id assume city and the leasing epl clubs would do die diligence on clubs they are sending players they value to on loan. Delap may not be one for the future of things at Stoke are not stable.

There is due diligence but Stoke getting him and his dad being a coach there feels a bit too random?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:37pm
If Southampton were genuinely gonna offer good money for the lad then City should have taken the money and added clauses similar to Bazunu.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Agree with that but still feel when a player, be it Delap or any other with dual nationality, turns 21 the new rules suggest that this will be a key age group to solidify national allegiances.

It may impact ireland more than say England as a lot of dual nationality players are born outside of ireland rather than in it. 

On a side note I always wondered why Trap never gave Delap a chance. He was starting with Whelan at Stoke when we had Whelan beside Andrews. His long throw was a weapon I thought Trap would like but couldn't even make a squad.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Agree with that but still feel when a player, be it Delap or any other with dual nationality, turns 21 the new rules suggest that this will be a key age group to solidify national allegiances.

It may impact ireland more than say England as a lot of dual nationality players are born outside of ireland rather than in it. 

On a side note I always wondered why Trap never gave Delap a chance. He was starting with Whelan at Stoke when we had Whelan beside Andrews. His long throw was a weapon I thought Trap would like but couldn't even make a squad.

He was perfect for Trap. Combative, hardworking, and could create chances in a direct manner. It was one of the biggwst peculiarities of his reign that he never tried to bring him back in.
We're decent enough..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 7:15pm
Quinn McNeill (midfielder, apparently born in Cork) has been playing regularly for Charlotte FC in the MLS recently. Almost 24 so not an underage option, but if he does well I suppose he could be worth a look given our general lack of midfield depth.
We're decent enough..
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 9:18pm
Finn azaz 3 goals and 1 assist this season playing in league 1. think hes eligible for us and only 21. has he been mentioned before?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Finn azaz 3 goals and 1 assist this season playing in league 1. think hes eligible for us and only 21. has he been mentioned before?

Pretty sure was talked about back at the end of last season when he was nominated for young player of year alongside Shadrach Ogie.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 7:44pm
Northern Irish left-back starting for Nottingham Forest tonight. Aaron Donnelly is the name.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 8:23pm
Ben Greenwood (LB, 19) debut start for Bournemouth vs Norwich.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 6:57pm
I see Mateusz Hewelt starts for Tranmere against Newcastle tonight.

I notice he was born in Poland. For some reason I thought he was born here but he spent some of his youth career with Shelbourne.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:25pm
Who is William Hondermark? playing for Barnsley against Leeds ....listed as Irish? honestly never heard the name before
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:29pm
Was up with the U21s last year. French born and moved to Ireland when young. Played with Drogheda before moving to Norwich first. Was released from Norwich last year and signed with Barnsley.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:25pm
Grew up in Dublin played for Killester as a child as far as I know been with 21s squad before 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 24 Aug 2022 at 10:25pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 12:43am
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 1:29am
Why is Liam Delap on that list?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:42am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Why is Liam Delap on that list?

Because four or nine never has the same ring to them as 5 or 10..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 4:05am
Haha.  Cos he's eligible and probably has about the same chance of playing for Ireland as Will Keane did at his age.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394395396397398 452>
  Share Topic