You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 452>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 5:35am
Fairly respectful reasoning from Bamford.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 6:06am
fair play to him so . Wonder why he represented us under age so
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 7:08am
It was non-competitive wasn't it? Probably because Under 18 doesn't matter or mean anything.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 7:12am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fairly respectful reasoning from Bamford.

Polished. Very PC.  Not necessarily sincere. 

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:21pm
Just notice Conor Bradley is not on the bench for NI tonight, does he still qualify?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:27pm
he does indeed
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 8:48am
Would have to wait three years for a cap though and not play for NI again in the mean time.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Would have to wait three years for a cap though and not play for NI again in the mean time.

Is that the case under the new rules even if the cap was a friendly?

Certainly seems strange he pulled out of the squad late considering the recent rumours of a switch…
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Certainly seems strange he pulled out of the squad late considering the recent rumours of a switch…

Didn't impact declan rice after friendly caps but he was born in England and the rules have changed since 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:28am

Not sure he pulled out, he just wasn't named on the bench, he could still be with the squad and might make the bench for the games next week
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:34am
I see a few big Irish football twitter accounts stirring the pot on Bradley and my attitude is "can you file this under who cares nothing to see" until we actually have concrete conformation something's happening.

Don't get me wrong he's a prospect very highly rated at Liverpool there was even rumours he'd be back up to Trent with Williams getting the boot at his expense in the summer. Hes with the North and is a 17yo kid with no first team experience not a stretch he wouldn't make the bench.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Not sure he pulled out, he just wasn't named on the bench, he could still be with the squad and might make the bench for the games next week
First cap. Proudest moment of his life😩so i wouldn’t be reading anything into his absence.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

First cap. Proudest moment of his life😩so i wouldn’t be reading anything into his absence.

Bradley or Rice
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:38am

The three years is only after a competitive cap in a Senior game, as far as I know.
If underage games apply, he was last capped competitively two years ago come October, so if he were looking for a switch, not a big ask.
Still, a non-story until he himself makes it one.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:55am

Yes, fair point. Actually thought it was a Nations League game he had played in, but it was a friendly.

So, as things stand, he could switch and join us straight away. 

However, if he is capped in a competitive match (Nations League or qualifier) he would have to wait three years to switch.

And if he is capped more than three times by NI - including friendlies - he is tied to them completely.

So if we want him the time to act would be now.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 12:14pm

Yes, fair point. Actually thought it was a Nations League game he had played in, but it was a friendly.

So, as things stand, he could switch and join us straight away. 

However, if he is capped in a competitive match (Nations League or qualifier) he would have to wait three years to switch.

And if he is capped more than three times by NI - including friendlies - he is tied to them completely.

So if we want him the time to act would be now.

A few NI accounts suggest he has left the squad. 4 players picked as replacements were on bench last night while Bradley that was in the original squad wasn’t. They only had 11 on bench also rather than 12…we would be pretty worried if the shoe was on the other foot.

He would be taking a big step back in terms of prospects of a senior cap if he came to us - at least 2/3 years you would think. Duffy had to wait about 4 years after he switched when he would have had 20 or so caps for the North by then
NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 7:42pm

A few NI accounts suggest he has left the squad. 4 players picked as replacements were on bench last night while Bradley that was in the original squad wasn’t. They only had 11 on bench also rather than 12…we would be pretty worried if the shoe was on the other foot.

He would be taking a big step back in terms of prospects of a senior cap if he came to us - at least 2/3 years you would think. Duffy had to wait about 4 years after he switched when he would have had 20 or so caps for the North by then

He was carrying an injury and i don't think he trained all week, he was pictured on the pitch pre-match in Vilnius last night and his instagram was full of likes for all the Northern Ireland posts after the game. At this point in time anyway he is not switching.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:16pm
Liam Delap likely to start for Man City in the Caribao Cup this evening.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-liam-delap-sterling-21621324

One year on from sensational debut, Liam Delap can threaten Raheem Sterling's Man City future

Lots of City fans have been calling out for Liam Delap to be give a chance as City's starting number nine.

There will be an unusually youthful appearance to the Manchester City side that lines up against Wycombe Wanderers in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday.

Due to a spate of injuries and the need to rest a few first-teamers ahead of a tough run of fixtures, Pep Guardiola admitted that he will call on a number of academy players as City look to win the competition for the fifth consecutive season.

Supporters at the Etihad Stadium will be hoping to catch a glimpse of young talents including Cole Palmer, Romeo Lavia and James McAtee, but one name is more eagerly anticipated than the rest.

Liam Delap enjoyed a dream senior team debut at this stage of the competition last season and is expected to be involved against Wycombe. Should he do so, he could put Raheem Sterling's place in Guardiola's future plans under serious threat.

Delap, son of former Stoke City midfielder Rory, exploded into the first-team picture last season by scoring an excellent goal in a 2-1 Carabao Cup round three win against Bournemouth. Standing at 6' 1" and built like an old-fashioned centre-forward, you'd be forgiven for thinking that Delap' game is all about pace and power, but with his debut goal he showed that that is absolutely not the case.

Running onto a clever Phil Foden through ball, the then 17-year-old won the foot race with his marker before rifling the ball first-time with his 'weaker' left foot into the top corner. That strike remains Delap's only goal for the senior team, but everybody at the club whole-heartedly believes that he will score tens, if not hundreds, over the coming years.

Without wanting to hyperbolize, he looks like the complete striker. Finishing, heading, pace, technical ability, playmaking; he has the lot.

Last season Delap scored a remarkable 24 goals in 20 Premier League 2 appearances for the City U23s, a return that clearly marks him out as a cold-blooded goalscorer. If there's one thing that Guardiola's side lack at the moment, it's precisely that.

Having missed the whole of pre-season through injury and only returning to U23 action on Saturday - he scored in a 4-2 win against Crystal Palace - Delap may start his Tuesday evening on the bench, with Ferran Torres likely to get the nod. If Delap does come off the bench to score, or keeps scoring for the U23s at a prodigious rate, then it could give an indication of what Sterling's future at the Etihad Stadium will look like.

Despite dazzling performances for England, Sterling has struggled for form in a City shirt since earlier this year. He lost his place in Guardiola's preferred starting XI to Foden, and now with £100million man Jack Grealish in the mix, it would take a significant upturn in form to see him reclaim his favoured left-wing spot.

With Gabriel Jesus and Riyad Mahrez the go-to options on the right-wing, the number nine or false-nine roles seem to be the obvious routes for Sterling to nail down a place in the team. Ferran was chosen to lead the line in City's opening games of the season, but against Southampton on Saturday, Sterling was finally given a chance. He didn't take it.

While it would be grossly unfair to lay the blame for City's lacklustre performance solely at Sterling's door, he did not play well. He struggled to stamp any authority on the game, rarely troubling the Southampton centre-backs as City laboured to a 0-0 draw.

That VAR denied him of a moment of redemption in the dying moments - Sterling was marginally offside when he converted the rebound of a Foden header - summed up an afternoon when nothing really worked for him or City.

Edited by musicinmouth - 21 Sep 2021 at 1:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 452>
  Share Topic