Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 331332333334335 452>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

[QUOTE=Mr. Snrub]Stephen Kenny is meeting Patrick Bamford on Monday. Inside source, fingers crossed he comes on board.

We are in desperate need of a decent striker and I don't care if he previously turned us down (something he refutes anyway). 
[/QUOTE

Let us know if you get any info on the meeting Mr.Snrub?

Where you getting this Mr.Snrub?

I have an extremely good source in the FAI who let us know about the Covid situation hours before the Slovakia game. Look, you don't have to believe me but one of my mates knows someone in the association.

Wasn;t questioning the validity of your info.  I googled it and nothing came up.  Yep bang on about the Covid so happy to believe your source.  I would bet a million quid Bamford will not declare for The EIRE.

That's fair enough TJ, I'm not confident of him declaring for us either. I'm still waiting to hear back regarding how the meeting went. Would be some coup if he plays for us

LOL
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 6:32pm
Saw this on Facebook...young lad at Palace, Fionn Mooney, wants to play for the Tans. Given his name, you'd presume his roots are strong so this is a bit disappointing 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Saw this on Facebook...young lad at Palace, Fionn Mooney, wants to play for the Tans. Given his name, you'd presume his roots are strong so this is a bit disappointing 

I suspect we'll see more of this going forward. You look at players with very strong connections to ireland but born in england opting for England. Harry Kane's da is irish but he didn't connect with his Irish roots at all. 

Rory Delap's son Liam opting for England despite his da playing in green . 

It seems that we're more of a fall back option than ever before. And end up with players like Gary or Phil Neville's son... where its hard to believe he isn't just taking us for a ride. I hope im wrong.

Not surprising seeing as nationality has changed a lot in the last 25 years, its more centred around how you feel, which is of course fine but I can't help thinking that international and club football lines get blurred.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 7:35pm

the young fella is just being honest - fair play to him

no issue with this some you win some you lose
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

the young fella is just being honest - fair play to him

no issue with this some you win some you lose
At least he's not going to string us along for months and months unlike a certain couple of players I could mention...
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 8:29pm
at the same time, if things don't go well for him, i have little doubt we would see him change his tune
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 9:20pm
why was he even asked? Played for the England U17s only a month ago
https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jan/31/310120-under-17-squad-announcement

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 11:13pm

Be honest lads. Is playing for this Irish side attractive in the way that the 80s and early 90s sides were?

1 England Cap holds more water than 50 Irish ones now. Pains me to admit it.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 12:02am
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Be honest lads. Is playing for this Irish side attractive in the way that the 80s and early 90s sides were?

Are you English?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 12:14am
Ignore him, he's a troll.

His first 10 posts literally consists of "I would take Big Sam" "Would Kenny get an interview at Leyton Orient" 

Just pathetic negativity.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 1:04am

It is if you are irish. Its about time we stop relying on other countries to produce players for us. 
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 11:54am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

why was he even asked? Played for the England U17s only a month ago
https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jan/31/310120-under-17-squad-announcement

Yea he literally plays for England at the moment so he’s not gonna really say otherwise is he. In 5 years when he’s nowhere near the England senior side he could likely be saying the opposite. 

Sure at the same age Declan Rice was an official member of the RA. 
Scotland83 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotland83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 2:42pm
Falkirk have a wee boy by name of Devaney on loan from kilmarnock. 17 & has represented the north but he looks a prospect if he has any interest in roi.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

His first 10 posts literally consists of "I would take Big Sam" "Would Kenny get an interview at Leyton Orient" 

Irish. 

Valid question regarding Kenny. What gig will he get after this inevitable failure with Eire. 

In 5 years, he'll be in a LoI dugout.

I would gladly take Big Sam. Still. 

Playing ball with this muck of a squad is insane. 

Edited by avfc - 11 Nov 2020 at 5:26pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:56pm

Irish. 

Valid question regarding Kenny. What gig will he get after this inevitable failure with Eire. 

probably from a team who 'play ball', as you put it
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

Irish. 

probably from a team who 'play ball', as you put it

At what level? 

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 7:31pm

[QUOTE=Mr. Snrub]Stephen Kenny is meeting Patrick Bamford on Monday. Inside source, fingers crossed he comes on board.

We are in desperate need of a decent striker and I don't care if he previously turned us down (something he refutes anyway). 
[/QUOTE

I have an extremely good source in the FAI who let us know about the Covid situation hours before the Slovakia game. Look, you don't have to believe me but one of my mates knows someone in the association.

Any news mr Snrub
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 8:14pm

[/QUOTE

Apparently it went well but no decision on his international future was made. That's all I got unfortunately 

Any news mr Snrub

Apparently it went well but no decision on his international future was made. That's all I got unfortunately 

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 11 Nov 2020 at 8:15pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 331332333334335 452>
  Share Topic