You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 452>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

So Michael Obafemi's one and only competitive cap for us came in November 2018. Under new rule he would only have to wait for another 15 months before switching to another country. Not saying it's likely but....

So a young player will not be "tied" down until they make four appearances under the age of 21 or is capped after the age of 21? Or play in a major championship?
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:53am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

So a young player will not be "tied" down until they make four appearances under the age of 21 or is capped after the age of 21? Or play in a major championship?

Exactly.
But I'd say he'll be capped again this Autumn.
But your point stands and the idea of capping lads under the age of 21 to tie them down will be a thing of the past.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

If Grealish was eligible and backflipped he would be welcomed with open arms by Stephen Kenny and the majority of fans. He would make a big difference - the talisman Ireland so badly needs. 

No no no 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:06am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

If Grealish was eligible and backflipped he would be welcomed with open arms by Stephen Kenny and the majority of fans. He would make a big difference - the talisman Ireland so badly needs. 

No no no 

Ah come on, be hilarious LOL

I'd hate myself for a while but I'd love to see a player of his quality in our team...
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:19am
Paul McGrath claimed recently that " a little bird" had told him that Jack regretted not staying with Ireland. Could be just paper talk or could be an accurate truth from a fellow Aston Villa legend with insider knowledge. We should know soon enough now.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:53am

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Paul McGrath claimed recently that " a little bird" had told him that Jack regretted not staying with Ireland. Could be just paper talk or could be an accurate truth from a fellow Aston Villa legend with insider knowledge. We should know soon enough now.
The little bird should tell Jack to come back. All is forgiven and f**k the begrudgers.

He can't switch back 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:09am

More like a pink elephant.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:11am

Good to see Paul McGrath has been appointed the new Master of Whispers after the untimely passing of Lord Varys :)

When did he say this?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:30am
10 Box-you asked when Paul McGrath said this. It was in his Sunday World column earlier this month (on 2nd August ). Full quote : " By the way, a little bird whispered in my ear not so long ago that Jack now regrets not staying with Ireland, when Martin O'Neill was manager. The boss pleaded with Jack and his family that the lad stay with Ireland. But it's too late now-you can't change your international allegiance twice !"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:34am

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

The little bird should tell Jack to come back. All is forgiven and f**k the begrudgers.

He can't switch back 
Why not? Did he sign something?

He had to register the change with FIFA, can't change back now 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:36am

He can't switch back 
Why not? Did he sign something?

He had to register the change with FIFA, can't change back now 
It might help if you read back a few pages in the thread.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:40am
I despair if we are going to reignite the Jack Grealish will he, won't he conversation again.

I think the last one lasted15 months....
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I despair if we are going to reignite the Jack Grealish will he, won't he conversation again.

Great idea!
Everyone over to the Jack Grealish thread and let's get to it.
OH, and get it moved back into the Ireland section ASAP Thumbs Up
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 1:44pm

You're only registered as Left Foot a year.

Who were you before? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

You're only registered as Left Foot a year.

Who were you before? 

Christy Brown 
gaelicbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaelicbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 2:07pm
Does the rule change open the door for Johansson again?
--------------------------------
For the sake of my working life I hope we beat Scotland!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 2:19pm
Yep, the new rules allow him to switch back because he hasn't played for England. No major effort from a lawyer required.

Edited by You Tell Me - 20 Aug 2020 at 2:20pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 2:42pm

Don't despair. Avoid the thread. We'll battle on without you. 

I wasn't referring to any thread or even this platform, I was speaking more generally that Grealish had taken a long period of time to just say he's not irish and it was a focus area every time a squad was announced, a game was played, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 452>
  Share Topic