Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 452>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Madison named in England squad as expected 

very good player, no surprise
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:16pm

Stevie Wonder saw it coming
The only way is up
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 3:32pm

2 Ds but don't worry about it. There was realistically never any hope of us getting him. Savage player
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:07pm
That was never in doubt, whichever journalists reported the original rumour are eeijits for giving it oxygen.
We're decent enough..
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

That was never in doubt, whichever journalists reported the original rumour are eeijits for giving it oxygen.

David Sneyd reported it which is a bit surprising, he's normally pretty good. I guess if it comes directly from the agent it is relatively justified to report, but the lack of traction the story got was pretty indicative of the levels of expectation we all had.

On another note, it would be nice to see us go in for Conor Gallagher at Charlton. Perhaps Cullen can have a word Tongue
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:28pm
The liks of Gallagher or Dowell would certainly be far more realistic targets. Maddison couldn't be convinced when he was a L1 player, so it was blatantly obvious it was never going to happen now.
We're decent enough..
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 4:57pm
Would have loved Maddison in the team, but at least him being on the English team keeps Grealish further away from getting a call-up. Know the door is shut with him and Éire, but hope he never gets an England senior cap.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

David Sneyd reported it which is a bit surprising, he's normally pretty good. I guess if it comes directly from the agent it is relatively justified to report, but the lack of traction the story got was pretty indicative of the levels of expectation we all had.

On another note, it would be nice to see us go in for Conor Gallagher at Charlton. Perhaps Cullen can have a word Tongue
Is Conor Gallagher eligible for us? Would be a nice get. 

Whenever I saw him for Chelsea he was usually outshone by McEachran and Billy Gilmour (sensational little player) but I've got season ticket for Charlton and he's been fantastic. Find he tends to drift through matches a bit at times, but expected for a young lad new to senior football. When he gets on it though his technical ability is fantastic, intricate pass, tricks, flicks, has it all. Been absolutely clinical around the box too. Its some well entertaining football that we'd all kill to see Ireland play like. Gallagher, Cullen, and find an Irish Jonny Williams and we're on our way to some enjoyable football. 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:07am
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

though the same, although i think on twitter i think he did qualify it as "for what its worth..." but yeah felt like that was such a pointless story, never had any validity
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:02am
We need strikers and badly. Hogan and Maguire offer us nothing.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:23pm
Shayne Lavery scored against Qarabag last night again . Another gopd finish.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 10:06pm
 Joey Lapira was a wonderful find. Any more out there like him?
alive and kicking
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 12:54pm
Conor Noß has been called up to the u19 training squad.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Conor Noß has been called up to the u19 training squad.

Highly rated, I don't really know much about him but happy to have him choose ireland 
The Whisperer View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:20pm
Mickey Johnston after pulling out of Scotland u21's squad.

Rumours on twitter that his head has been turned by Ireland.

Would be great if he decides to declare for us and I hope the FAI have approached him.

Saw this fella a lot of times for Celtic and he is a seriously promising player. Certainly would be an upgrade technical/quality wise of what we currently have playing in wide attacking positions and at 20 years of age is only going to get better.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:21pm
Where you heading these rumours?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:01pm
he was injured and left the squad: https://thecelticbhoys.com/2019/09/04/celtic-star-mikey-johnston-injury-blow/
Nothing on twitter about him interested in, never mind declaring for, Ireland

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 05 Sep 2019 at 3:02pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by The Whisperer The Whisperer wrote:

Mickey Johnston after pulling out of Scotland u21's squad.

Rumours on twitter that his head has been turned by Ireland.

Would be great if he decides to declare for us and I hope the FAI have approached him.

Saw this fella a lot of times for Celtic and he is a seriously promising player. Certainly would be an upgrade technical/quality wise of what we currently have playing in wide attacking positions and at 20 years of age is only going to get better.

What a strange lie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 452>
  Share Topic