Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 450>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:15pm
He's fairly safe when it comes to working at height.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:27pm
Hope there's not an eligibility row - we'd have to strap ourselves in for that one.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 6:03pm
I heard from the horses mouth that he's a load of manure
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 4:27pm
Ben Wilmot signs for Swansea on loan.
We're decent enough..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

anyone know anything about Kyle Scott? Looks to be headed to Newcastle and has played for us at U17

Never heard of him before, but there's more info on him in the link below.

Another lad who got a bit of game time for a big club in prestige pre-season friendlies against big European teams.  

Only 21 (though just over-age for our U21s) and Newcastle obviously think highly of him, so definitely one to be aware of. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-kyle-scott-chelsea-youngster-16376582  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 7:38pm
McCarthy seems to have ruled out any chance of Bamford coming on board in his comments with the media today. He seems to be getting a torrid time off the Leeds supporters at the moment who don't rate him at all, so it wouldn't surprise me if he just isn't a***d throwing in international football on top of that while his club career is in doubt. Not that big a loss considering the amount of young talent coming through, he was probably only ever going to be a 12-18 month stopgap.
We're decent enough..
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

McCarthy seems to have ruled out any chance of Bamford coming on board in his comments with the media today. He seems to be getting a torrid time off the Leeds supporters at the moment who don't rate him at all, so it wouldn't surprise me if he just isn't a***d throwing in international football on top of that while his club career is in doubt. Not that big a loss considering the amount of young talent coming through, he was probably only ever going to be a 12-18 month stopgap.

What were the quotes
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:01pm

Ye it seems like he has no interest in chasing him any further and has left the ball firmly in Bamford's court. Rightly so too, and you get the feeling that McCarthy thought his decision to concentrate on club football during the last few months of the season was a major cop out.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:45pm
Bamford is so posh, he’s in Johnson’s cabinet
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:47pm
No loss at this point.  

We have a number of now, premier league, strikers ahead of him (Long, Obafemi, McGoldrick, Robinson) all of whom should see a fair amount of PL gametime this year hopefully.  

Add to that the hope that Scott Hogan recovers his form of a couple of years ago, some good early signs for Birmingham from the very enthusiastic Crowley, and a rake of fantastic prospects (Parrott, Idah, Connolly etc) coming through, which you'd hope at least one makes PL level. 

Not sure Bamford would make our squad now anyway!
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 9:35am
I wouldn’t take him even if he said he wanted to play for us and gets a map of Ireland tattoo. He’s had the option for years and knew it.   I would much rather see one of the young lads introduced. By the sounds of it Parrott is already better than PB and will improve further. 
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 12:36pm
Have to agree, I think there are far better prospects than Bamford, albeit not proven at senior level. Much rather give lads like Obafemi and Parrott a chance - 100% committed to the green shirt. Added to that Jack Byrne's phenomenal displays for Rovers and lads like Afolabi busting their lungs for us at U19 level (not suggesting he's ready for the senior team btw), it would sicken me to see Bamford get a call up at this stage. The contrast in passion and commitment couldn't be starker.

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 1:18pm
Imagine Bamford and Will Keane up front Dead
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 2:47pm
It’ll sicken me if Bamford ever plays for us . Holding out for an English callup. Would barely make an Ireland squad now. How much can change in a small space of time. Enjoy mediocrity Patrick 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 3:43pm

I told you that Bamford was an ass of a player at Burnley and people mocked me .
Not good enough simple as that .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 5:00pm
Tbf, he has 9 goals in 20 appearances or something to that effect, so he couldn't be as bad as Leeds fans seem to think he is. At the same time, no one ever suggested he was a world beater in the first place, just a player with a good Championship goalscoring record (we don't have many of them...).
We're decent enough..
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 3:10pm
Conor Noß on the bench for Monchenglabach today.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Conor Noß on the bench for Monchenglabach today.

He’s eager to play for us, according to some people on Twitter. He got on the pitch today, so he must have something about him.

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 450>
  Share Topic