Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 3:11pm
Armstrong-Okoflex is a substitute for Celtic at Killie.
Sponsored Links

delgado View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 4:43pm
I find it hard to believe we could loose okoflex considering he grew up in Dublin

Edited by delgado - 17 Feb 2019 at 4:43pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:58pm
100% agree also. Unless someone in the FAI wakes up this fact there’s gonna be a lot more of the same long drawn out, waste of time, situations like Grealish and “proud Englishman Rice”
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm
Ipswich have a young Gibraltarian right-back named Kian Ronan; be fairly incredible if he wasn't eligible LOL.
We're decent enough..
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:06pm
Stephen Ireland’s son playing for England youth, hilarious they can keep him.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/s/football/football-news/stephen-ireland-son-josh-stoke-2546266 - https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-ireland-son-josh-stoke-2546266
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Stephen Ireland’s son playing for England youth, hilarious they can keep him.

What's the issue? He's English born and bred. Rory Delaps son plays for England too.
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:37pm
Strange to see ex internationals sons play elsewhere. In Ireland’s decision though it’s fairly obvious the FAI weren’t going near him. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ipswich have a young Gibraltarian right-back named Kian Ronan; be fairly incredible if he wasn't eligible LOL.
Born in UK but with a Gibraltarian Mother & Grandfather, Kian has represented Gibraltar at U16, U17 & U19 level. We asked how it feels to be playing internationally, 
“Playing international football is something I’ve thought about from the day I started playing when I was 6 years old, but actually going out and playing for Gibraltar is just a dream come true. I feel very proud when I put on that shirt as I have fulfilled a promise to someone that’s very special to me. Also knowing that my family are watching on just gives me a feeling which is hard to explain to be honest, regardless of the results. Nobody can expect us to be winning games left right and centre, but one thing for sure is that we, as a nation, are moving in the right direction. "

and

YOU HAVE REPRESENTED GIBRALTAR INTERNATIONALLY NOW AT U17 & RECENTLY AT U19 LEVEL.  WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE AIMS AMBITIONS IN RELATION TO INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL?

My one goal in relation to International football is to break into the senior team as quickly as I can.

https://www.gibraltarfa.com/news/04-05-2017/gibraltar-under-19-international-signs-3-year-deal-with-ipswich-town-fc

He has been at Ipswich since he was eight.

He has since represented Gib at U-21 level.

He's got a brother whose name is "Cavan".

P.S. All of the above three notes are true, including the third.

Edited by Territorial - 17 Feb 2019 at 11:17pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:34am
Well he'll be changing that passport come the end of next month
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Born in UK but with a Gibraltarian Mother & Grandfather, Kian has represented Gibraltar at U16, U17 & U19 level. We asked how it feels to be playing internationally, 
“Playing international football is something I’ve thought about from the day I started playing when I was 6 years old, but actually going out and playing for Gibraltar is just a dream come true. I feel very proud when I put on that shirt as I have fulfilled a promise to someone that’s very special to me. Also knowing that my family are watching on just gives me a feeling which is hard to explain to be honest, regardless of the results. Nobody can expect us to be winning games left right and centre, but one thing for sure is that we, as a nation, are moving in the right direction. "

and

YOU HAVE REPRESENTED GIBRALTAR INTERNATIONALLY NOW AT U17 & RECENTLY AT U19 LEVEL.  WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE AIMS AMBITIONS IN RELATION TO INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL?

My one goal in relation to International football is to break into the senior team as quickly as I can.

https://www.gibraltarfa.com/news/04-05-2017/gibraltar-under-19-international-signs-3-year-deal-with-ipswich-town-fc

He has been at Ipswich since he was eight.

He has since represented Gib at U-21 level.

He's got a brother whose name is "Cavan".

P.S. All of the above three notes are true, including the third.

What is your point? I've said he's Gibraltarian, so obviously he has a link to Gibraltar. You've entirely neglected his father's side of the family, which seeing as his surname is Ronan, is most likely where the Irish link would be.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:00am
I watched a documentary on the Windrush generation last night, there was a fella called Neil Flanagan. He was 94 years old and didn't express any interest in football, but with a name like that...
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Strange to see ex internationals sons play elsewhere. In Ireland’s decision though it’s fairly obvious the FAI weren’t going near him. 
I am pretty sure that at that age level you have to play for where you reside.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Graham Kavanagh talking about his son Callum Kavanagh who is scoring goals for Middlesborough Youth team and can qualify to play for Ireland Wales and England.

"England FA had approached him but Callum never wanted to play for anyone else he is Irish and feels Irish and Irish and is proud to wear the green."

Edited by Double Maxim - 18 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:36pm

What is your point? I've said he's Gibraltarian, so obviously he has a link to Gibraltar. You've entirely neglected his father's side of the family, which seeing as his surname is Ronan, is most likely where the Irish link would be.
My point was that although born in the UK, and having lived there in recent years, the lad seems firmly wedded to representing Gibraltar.

That's it, really.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Well he'll be changing that passport come the end of next month
Actually it will remain entirely valid, inc for travel into/within/out of the EU until it expires.

At which point his new one will be the same except that it won't have "European Union" on it. (Possibly also a different colour?)
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Graham Kavanagh talking about his son Callum Kavanagh who is scoring goals for Middlesborough Youth team and can qualify to play for Ireland Wales and England.

"England FA had approached him but Callum never wanted to play for anyone else he is Irish and feels Irish and Irish and is proud to wear the green."

In fairness, both Callums mother and father are from Dublin and his uncle is Liam O'Brien. He was never choosing anyone but Ireland. 

Our issues will always lie with the 2nd and 3rd generation and where the Irish culture is pretty much non existent. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

In fairness, both Callums mother and father are from Dublin and his uncle is Liam O'Brien. He was never choosing anyone but Ireland. 

Our issues will always lie with the 2nd and 3rd generation and where the Irish culture is pretty much non existent. 
Thanks didn't know that.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

My point was that although born in the UK, and having lived there in recent years, the lad seems firmly wedded to representing Gibraltar.

That's it, really.

And how is that at all relevant to my post, which was along the lines of "it would be incredible if there was no Irish link with a name like that"?
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 452>
  Share Topic