Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 452>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:10am
Paul Smyth recently joined Accrington on loan from QPR. He was excellent playing up front against Sunderland last night, scoring a goal in the process. Seems to have plenty of pace to burn.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:41am
2 senior caps for NI
No thanks
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:03am
Who gives a monkeys. The lad is known to consider himself Irish and support us. We're perfectly within our rights to offer him the opportunity if he's considered good enough.
We're decent enough..
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:16am
The FA now turning their attention to Luca Connell according to the sun

Should Mick call him up and end this now?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/s/football/8438717/england-irelands-luca-connell-declan-rice/ - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8438717/england-irelands-luca-connell-declan-rice/
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

I don’t think there’s much hope of holding onto him, also hasn’t been named in any of the recent underage squads
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:27am
Why do we suddenly think he's a lost cause?  Because of a random entry on his Wikipedia page? For Every Grealish/Rice, there's a McGeady/Kilbane.
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

I don’t think there’s much hope of holding onto him, also hasn’t been named in any of the recent underage squads
was in the u18 squad in November: https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/ireland-u18-squad-named-for-spanish-tournament

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 16 Feb 2019 at 11:33am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

was in the u18 squad in November: https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/ireland-u18-squad-named-for-spanish-tournament

Yip, but not in the ones announced last week
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm

Because he was playing first team football with Bolton who don't have to release him for friendlies.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Because he was playing first team football with Bolton who don't have to release him for friendlies.

Ah right, thanks
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:49pm
He's also injured....
We're decent enough..
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's also injured....

Ah right, thanks
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:55pm
Just think if Southgate had been on that Leicester chopper as rumored at the time none of this would come about ...

it's a fking joke (but the point still stands)
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:01pm
Also, Kenny will probably promote any decent 17/18 year olds to his under 21's. Fully expect Parrott, Idah, Connell in his squad. These will be his players in 2 years after all. 

2 reasons you're playing under 21's...

1.) You're too good for the younger age groups. (Rice)
2.) You're eligible for 21's but you're not THAT good.  (Cullen)

Playing under 21s unfortunately says a lot about where you're at. 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Also, Kenny will probably promote any decent 17/18 year olds to his under 21's. Fully expect Parrott, Idah, Connell in his squad. These will be his players in 2 years after all. 

I don't agree, we have an under 19 squad that has a chance of winning something. Leave them at that level and enjoy success. I always believe success breeds success.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I don't agree, we have an under 19 squad that has a chance of winning something. Leave them at that level and enjoy success. I always believe success breeds success.

Yep. U-19s have 3 huge games in Russia coming up. Leave them at it.

Edited by Dr. Pat - 16 Feb 2019 at 6:10pm
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 6:49pm
We've enough strikers to share around anyway, the likes of Parrot and Idah will probably start for the 19s again with Connolly (if fit) and Obafemi play ing with the 21s. Ryan Johansson can't play with the 19s so will play 21s. Luca Connell wasn't even part of the 19s that played well last October so if fit he can act as back up for Coventry and Bolger or start for the 21s. I'd have him in the senior squad if he's back fit and playing with Boltons senior team before the game against Gibraltar and put an end to the talk about whether he'll play with us or England.

Edited by J89 - 16 Feb 2019 at 6:50pm
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 7:45pm
Totally agree.  

Would have Coventry and Connell in our senior squad for Gib.  We can't afford to be losing any more of these dual-nationality players.

With the minimum of fuss and fanfare, Wales called Harry Wilson up when he was 16, Woodburn at 17, Brooks at 18, Ampadu at 16, Mepham at 19, Matondo (Shalke) at 17, Matt Smith  (Twente) at 18.  All capped long before they were high-profile players (some of them still aren't).

However, all of them have already gone on to be PL-level players (or thereabouts), with years still to develop. 

There's the spine of a good team for the next 15 years there.  That's even before you consider their Welsh-born lads!

Had we done something similar with Grealish, Rice, Michael Keane our present (and future) would look a lot brighter.

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 16 Feb 2019 at 7:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 452>
  Share Topic