Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 452>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The fact he has already been capped by england at senior level doesnt sit well with me.

England had no problem approaching Declan Rice though, I don't see why we should read too much into Redmond playing for England before imo.

In truth since the days of Jack, we've had dozens of cast offs and players not wanted playing for us who were English born and we've done alright.

And if i was an England fan id feel the same about DR.

I know it's comparable to a former U21 England player but senior honours is just a step way too far for me and the rule is fcuking joke. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 2:33pm
The rules are shambolic, agreed fully.

There should be a cut off point (age wise) or even if you've played a friendly with the senior national team you should be tied to that nation.

Still if we can exploit the rule we may as well! 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 2:37pm
He's played for England at under 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and at senior level too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's played for England at under 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and at senior level too.

Ciaran Clark played for England up as far as u20 level (I think)

If Redmond wants to come on board with Ireland, get him in Mick. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

We have essentially no options on the right wing; how getting a Premier League right-winger on board could be a bad thing is beyond me.

Agreed.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 4:33pm
Would be great if Mick could persuade Bamford....never really payed him much attention till this season being leeds fan......he has a lovely touch for a striker and a keen eye for goal, been out half the season already but back now with a hatrick for 23's this week and a lovely finish today at Bolton......he'd improve us no end
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:01pm
I don't really care if Redmond was capped once by England. I hope we get him on board as he would be a very useful player for us IMO.

Edited by grannyrule - 16 Dec 2018 at 2:42am
The only way is up
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:12pm
Redmond's a class act.  Has clear obvious Irish heritage. Would be great to have him on-board.  

Have no more problem that he's represented England, than the FA have that Declan Rice, Jack Grealish, Michael Keane and Marcus McGuane have represented Ireland through every age-group. 

The core of our team are premier league regulars - the addition of two or three players like Redmond and a solid team spirit and organisation from Mick could make us a serious team again.  Clap
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:21pm
I'd imagine the likes of Bamford, Jutkiewicz, O'Connell etc will end up playing for us if Mick goes after them. What we really need though is players like Redmond who are a cut above, and Rice to fully commit of course. Harder to say how those situations will play out.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:32pm
Agree with that generally.  Redmond and Rice (and any other player of that ilk, Crowley if his Erddivisie displays translate?) could transform this team.

Jutkiewicz won't add anything that we don't have, but O'Connell is young, good and improving and would be a great addition. As would Bamford, if he could re-discover his form from a few seasons back. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:43pm
Nice reporting on Eamo Mohamed getting his head set to play River Plate and possibly Real Madrid - not many boys from Dublin have done that recently: https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/46558712 ;

** I know he's no longer eligible, but his thread's not coming up in searches, so posting here.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Agree with that generally.  Redmond and Rice (and any other player of that ilk, Crowley if his Erddivisie displays translate?) could transform this team.

Jutkiewicz won't add anything that we don't have, but O'Connell is young, good and improving and would be a great addition. As would Bamford, if he could re-discover his form from a few seasons back. 
I disagree about Jutkiewicz. He is a very ordinary player, but he is a presence up front that we are really lacking. He wouldn't improve us in terms of quality, but we need an option that can hold it up and get a few free-kicks. All our attacking options, including Redmond if he comes on board,are small and quick, given we still don't have much creativity I think a 4-5-1/4-3-3 pumping it at Jutkiewicz and trying to get Robinson/Maguire/Redmond/Hogan in behind would be a handy option.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:01pm

I'd imagine the likes of Bamford, Jutkiewicz, O'Connell etc will end up playing for us if Mick goes after them. What we really need though is players like Redmond who are a cut above, and Rice to fully commit of course. Harder to say how those situations will play out.
Would be very happy to see Bamford on board, he was flying last season at one stage and as Maguire hasn't got going at international level yet. We are in no position to turn away players of a reasonable age showing potential.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Would be very happy to see Bamford on board, he was flying last season at one stage and as Maguire hasn't got going at international level yet. We are in no position to turn away players of a reasonable age showing potential.

agreed about Bamford. good player adding to a position of need for us. if he can get back fit and in form certainly hes better option than o'brien, burke, hogan
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 3:42am
Any recent news on Bamford? 

Getting Bamford, Redmond, Rice and calling up Crowley would be a pretty solid talent injection into the team. 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 1:51pm
i dont think redmond will come on board, played for england senior team in 2017 and got a ton of caps and goals for u21s under southgate, i think he has mentioned in the past he wants england only. obviously it would be a great addition for us in the sense hes a talented player who would for sure get in the team but i think its very unlikely. i do think getting some/all of rice, crowley, bamford would be very good work by mick. i guess the whole liam kelly thing has gone quiet but seems like he isn't having a productive season for a poor reading team anyway
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:20pm
Mick to talk to Bamford

Edit after reading it says "likely to talk to Bamford" could just be clickbait

Edited by cildaratown - 17 Dec 2018 at 2:21pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:25pm
A welcome addition

a line up of consisting of

----------------Bamford----------------

Brady---------Crowley--------Redmond

----------McCarthy----Rice---------

Stevens--Clark/Egan-- Duffy----Coleman/Doherty

----------------Randolph

Would be a step in the right direction
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 452>
  Share Topic