You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 450>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:51pm
We're going to look like desperate mugs once again.
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Crowly has started the process to transfer back to us but it takes a few months. He should be eligble by March 

If that's the case, can't MON have him training. Does MON know about him? He's a dinosaur. 

Explain explain this process, I didn't think there was anything crazy involved in switching over at underage no? He's a serious talent, remember Jack Wilshere singing his praises. Would love to see him involved over the next 12 months.  
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Okoflex I think was born in Ireland very light skinned so maybe a mix of Irish/English and Nigerian . He played for Kevins and moved over to Englsand around 12 or 13. Played for both Ireland and England underage but neither competitively. Was with Arsenal now Celtic and dosent really seem to be getting games at England u17 . Only played 1 in there last 6.

Okoflex is not eligible for England's under 17s which is why he has not played a competitive game.

He's sixteen. You need to be in a country five years to qualify for residency.

He has now moved to Scotland and will not gain the other year or two that he would need to qualify for the Brits.

He is ours to lose.

I originally thought that might be the case too, but on closer examination it seems that Okoflex did indeed live in England for 5 years (from 2013 to 2018), so he is eligible for them. The only way he'll end up with us is if his career trajectory stalls.
We're decent enough..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 6:49pm
"St Kevin's Boys Dublin - feeder club to the England National Team #itscominghome"
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:23pm
The Welsh calling up more English born players who have yet to play a senior game. 

You can guarantee that Giggs won’t tell this young lad to take the time to consider his options. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:26pm
He has already played for them underage, up to under 21 level. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Obafemi has played several times for our 19s, MON still did his best to offer him a way out. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:33pm

Obafemi has played several times for our 19s, MON still did his best to offer him a way out. 
All you have done is tell us that Ryan Giggs has called up a player from their underage squads for a friendly. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:38pm

All you have done is tell us that Ryan Giggs has called up a player from their underage squads for a friendly. 

When I originally read this article on a Match of the Day Facebook post, it was captioned “It looks like they’ve beaten England to him”.

It’s not really much different to us calling up Dublin born Obafemi, but the Welsh won’t do their best to put him off playing for them. 

Giggs won’t offer this lad the chance to consider his international options, that was the original point. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 12:46pm
I just don't think it needed to be made. We all know MON's failings, but if we start pointing out every time another country picks a dual eligible player this thread will become even more ridiculous.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 7:54pm
Thought Jamal Lewis was outstanding at left-back for NI last week.  Put in a better display than any left-back in green has at the Aviva for a very long time. 

Saville was also irritatingly good in midfield; and there's a fairly good chance he'll be playing in the PL this time next year.

Amazing that neither were approached at any level to consider their options with us.  

More potential players seemingly entirely ignored.  Until we sort out our recruitment, we're always going to be weak.  

And whatever weird "gentlemen's agreement" of whatever nature that seems to be going on whereby we can't approach NI-eligible players, but they can have free dibs on ours, needs to be scrapped pronto.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Thought Jamal Lewis was outstanding at left-back for NI last week.  Put in a better display than any left-back in green has at the Aviva for a very long time. 

Saville was also irritatingly good in midfield; and there's a fairly good chance he'll be playing in the PL this time next year.

Amazing that neither were approached at any level to consider their options with us.  

More potential players seemingly entirely ignored.  Until we sort out our recruitment, we're always going to be weak.  

And whatever weird "gentlemen's agreement" of whatever nature that seems to be going on whereby we can't approach NI-eligible players, but they can have free dibs on ours, needs to be scrapped pronto.

Jamal Lewis was indeed very good. He has a very broad skill set and would undoubtedly be a great addition for us.

We are getting shafted in this “gentleman’s agreement”. O’Neill meeting Jimmy Dunne and Southgate meeting Rice and we’re celebrating tying down “young” Michael Duffy.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:20pm
Lewis would be a useful option, but he's not exactly a classy footballer. Cyrus Christie-esque in the sense that he's got brilliant athleticism but not a whole load of skill. Saville was fine, not clearly better than what we have though. On an aside, Peacock-Farrell was absolutely no loss; very poor goalkeeper and has been exposed at Leeds recently. He's astoundingly lacking in agility, everything about his movement is ungainly.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Jamal Lewis was indeed very good. He has a very broad skill set and would undoubtedly be a great addition for us.

We are getting shafted in this “gentleman’s agreement”. O’Neill meeting Jimmy Dunne and Southgate meeting Rice and we’re celebrating tying down “young” Michael Duffy.

Martin O'Neill is the only one respecting this so called gentleman's agreement.  If we had another manager Jamal Lewis would have been chased. MON is doing nothing for us.
The only way is up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:54pm
Michael O'Connor, who's had a good start to the season for Linfield, is reportedly going to declare for NI. Still only 20.
We're decent enough..
connord96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connord96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 8:58pm
This gentleman’s agreement is ridiculous. We should be approaching every player who may have half an interest in representing us. Under the rules any player from the north can play for the republic also so I don’t see why a gentleman’s agreement was put in place when were well within our rights to approach these players. Young players such as Conor hazard should be approached, a player with great potential 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Michael O'Connor, who's had a good start to the season for Linfield, is reportedly going to declare for NI. Still only 20.
I wouldn't have anyone ever play for Ireland that played for Linfield. Linfield hate everything about us. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 9:18pm
Just because Linfield "hate us" hardly means O'Connor does, does it? LOLDanny Kearns plays for Linfield and he jumped through all sorts of hoops to get the chance to play for us ffs...
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 450>
  Share Topic