You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 451>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:58pm
If we could get Bamford on board in addition to Robinson before the Qualifiers we would be doing well.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

If we could get Bamford on board in addition to Robinson before the Qualifiers we would be doing well.

Was hoping bamford could have joined up for the Celtic game. Surely would have been an ideal opportunity, if he is planning on coming aboard.

He may have been discouraged by O’Neills statement that he would be a good replacement for Murphy. Anyone who has seen Bamford play could tell you he’s not made to play the battering ram role.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 7:51am
I just read about this guy playing in the Swedish league who seems really up for playing for Ireland. Anyone know anything about him?http://www.punditarena.com/football/oisinmcqueirns2758/meet-american-sweden-irish-footballs-next-star/
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 4:15pm
Was listening to Off the Ball there last night, theyd Michael Duffy on and they quizzed him on his International future.. outright said he'd happy to play for either, who ever calls him up first he cant refuse it.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Was listening to Off the Ball there last night, theyd Michael Duffy on and they quizzed him on his International future.. outright said he'd happy to play for either, who ever calls him up first he cant refuse it.

Always surprised that N.Ireland never called him up given their smaller pool of players to pick from and having called up players who made their senior debut for N.Ireland before even playing a game at senior level for clubs.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:52am
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

From that interview.

“You couldn’t say no to anybody offering you international [football],” he said. “I’d love to play for the Republic but obviously I have a lot of family from Northern Ireland as well. It doesn’t really make any difference to me.

“If I did have to choose, I’d be choosing the Republic of Ireland.”

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:27am
We would need to be very badly stuck to even think about calling him up.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:05am
One of the top players in the league, and in a position where we're somewhat light. It wouldn't be that outlandish.
We're decent enough..
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Shocked Wow.

His form this season is arguably better than Horgan's was when he was originally called up and is definitely better than Burke's was in June.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Shocked Wow.

His form this season is arguably better than Horgan's was when he was originally called up and is definitely better than Burke's was in June.
He looked very poor last night against decent opposition, always takes the wrong option on the ball. He is a very good LOI player and no more.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 2:14pm
For the love of God please let Adam Idah and Troy Parrott be decent.

The striking cupboard is beyond bare. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Even if they turn out as we hope, they'd be a few years off playing for the senior team.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

We were playing Troy centre half for the school teamLOL
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 8:41pm
Brendan Hines-Ike, who's made clear his ambition to play for Ireland and in the process of gaining Irish citizenship, has joined KV Kortrijk in Belgium from Orebro SK. He's their record signing and has signed a 5-year contract.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Brendan Hines-Ike, who's made clear his ambition to play for Ireland and in the process of gaining Irish citizenship, has joined KV Kortrijk in Belgium from Orebro SK. He's their record signing and has signed a 5-year contract.

If it works out it works out, but wonder if he'll be good enough. Defense has plenty of options, wish there were some more in the midfield and attack. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:35pm
Sandy Walsh has declared for Indonesia; surprised we didn't seem to make any attempt to get him considering he's a regular in the Belgian League.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:36pm
A huge loss alright.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

If it works out it works out, but wonder if he'll be good enough. Defense has plenty of options, wish there were some more in the midfield and attack. 

Luckily Rice is comfortable on the ball and can play in midfield. With the options in defense should play him in midfield, it ain't much and kinda depressing too that he'd instantly improve our midfield seeing as the others seem frightened of the ball.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 451>
  Share Topic