You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Meanwhile, there is no provision or precedent anywhere in FIFA's constitution for the recognition of a single representative international team drawn from two separate political jurisdictions. In fact, such a creation would be entirely contrary to the whole principles by which they govern international football.
We've already answered that point in the negative with San Marino.
Remind me again, which two separate international football teams, from separate political jurisdictions, were abolished to create the new single entity known as "San Marino"?

"a single representative team drawn from two separate political jurisdictions" was your point - Italy represented Italy and San Marino, before San Marino joined FIFA. One Sammarinese player actually played for Italy. That's exactly the point.

Quit changing the argument, there's a good lad.
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
Paul Smyth, Conor Hazard and Shane Lavery are on the bench for the North today.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 24 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:44pm
Paul Smyth makes his debut. It would be very difficult to tempt him now, but it would be even sweeter to ‘poach’ him after this.

And now he’s scored.

Edited by Maccatacca - 24 Mar 2018 at 3:45pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Lads he chose the north...lots move on funkin embarrassing stuff.

Mon made these quotes about Smyth less than a month ago: “I could have gone to him. He still hasn’t made his mind up about things.“

You’ll see lads on here worrying that Declan Rice will declare for England up until we cap him competively.

Why not make the Nordies sweat?
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:56pm
Direct quotes from Smyth last month,

"id love to get picked for the friendlys coming up for N.Ireland but ive not made up my mind yet, I think it would be hard to force my way into the Republic set up but I have a descion to make".

Edited by dubstep - 24 Mar 2018 at 3:57pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:06pm
Cracking goal for Smyth, looked very lively
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

"id love to get picked for the friendlys coming up for N.Ireland but ive not made up my mind yet, I think it would be hard to force my way into the Republic set up but I have a descion to make".

Where did that statement appear? I can't recall seeing it anywhere myself at the time.
We're decent enough..
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Where did that statement appear? I can't recall seeing it anywhere myself at the time.

He gave a big 2 page interview with the Irish Daily Star a few weeks back.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:20pm
Fair enough. In any case, he would seem to have made up his mind. It'd be difficult for him to turn back now.
We're decent enough..
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:32pm
Id be surprised if he switched after today myself. I really think Lavery is the one with the bigger potential I hope we go after him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:04pm
There's been talk of Lavery for a few years tbf, he hadn't done anything of note in a while before his goal for the U-21's the other night, so I wouldn't be too pushed over him.
We're decent enough..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm
Lavery's had injury problems, hence why we haven't heard of him recently.  Still a great prospect and one we should be looking at.

We should really be trying to get Smyth.  Pacy, 20 yo winger with an eye for goal.  Loads of room for development.  

Don't see why we shouldn't be looking to get him involved given what he's said, today's goal notwithstanding. 
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

There's been talk of Lavery for a few years tbf, he hadn't done anything of note in a while before his goal for the U-21's the other night, so I wouldn't be too pushed over him.

Check out Laverys goal against Spain u21 the other night, a team full of la liga regulars. Chap has a touch of class about him and only gone 19 was in Evertons squad in there last Europa league game but didnt get on.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:33pm
I see no surrender got a nice airing during god save the queen today. How any Catholic could play with them is beyond me.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

I see no surrender got a nice airing during god save the queen today. How any Catholic could play with them is beyond me.

Any Catholic?

Grow up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:02pm
Found it strange that Smyth never once mentioned that he hoped it was the first of many for Norn Iron or anything like that, just said he hope to play in the premier league some day. Still be shocked if he picked us.

Edited by dubstep - 24 Mar 2018 at 10:03pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:11pm

Found it strange that Smyth never once mentioned that he hoped it was the first of many for Norn Iron or anything like that, just said he hope to play in the premier league some day. Still be shocked if he picked us.

I find it more strange that you highlighted such an irrevalent point.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I find it more strange that you highlighted such an irrevalent point.

I also find it strange that you think my point is so irrelevant, anyway we will see in a few months time, as I said not holding out much hope but the boy looks a talent all the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 452>
  Share Topic