Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 453>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Terry Kennedy, currently with Harrogate Town and completely f**king useless, is eligible for us.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:15pm
McGuane had a great debut for Barcelona B team. English born, previously represented Northern ireland then switched to England youth. I guess if he played for NI, he was also eligible for us. But does his switch to England at youth level mean he has to stick with them now?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/marcus-mcguane-barcelona-arsenal-january-transfer-window-fabregas-a8191051.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/barcelona-sign-mcguane-of-ghanaian-descent/rsclqnic8s1k1jtwti3hfu0p0

NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

McGuane had a great debut for Barcelona B team. English born, previously represented Northern ireland then switched to England youth. I guess if he played for NI, he was also eligible for us. But does his switch to England at youth level mean he has to stick with them now?

http://www.independent.co.uk/s/football/transfers/marcus-mcguane-barcelona-arsenal-january-transfer--fabregas-a8191051. - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/marcus-mcguane-barcelona-arsenal-january-transfer-window-fabregas-a8191051.html

http://www.goal.com/en-ghews/barcelona-sign-mcguane-of-ghanaian-descent/rsclqnic8s1k1jtwti3hfu0p0 - http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/barcelona-sign-mcguane-of-ghanaian-descent/rsclqnic8s1k1jtwti3hfu0p0

He never played for us (NI), he played for you guys at Under 17 level and then switched to England, he won't be able to switch again.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:43pm
McGuane played for us at U-17 level - not NI. Current FIFA statutes allow only one switch, so notwithstanding any future rule change, he's no longer available to us.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:39pm
Got it. Thanks. Pity!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:59pm
Wes's potential long-term successor, Dan Crowley, has gone on loan to Jack Byrne's old club SC Cambuur, in the Dutch second tier, until end of the season having struggled to get in the Willem II team.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Wes's potential long-term successor, Dan Crowley, has gone on loan to Jack Byrne's old club SC Cambuur, in the Dutch second tier, until end of the season having struggled to get in the Willem II team.

Southgate will be calling him up for the summer anyway
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:01pm
And why not?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:20pm
He’s 20, so he’s finished
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:15am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Playing his way into the Ireland squad so.
Ask MaGee
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:31pm
Alex McCarthy seems to have taken over as Southampton's number 1. If Westwood retires (I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he did considering his injury woes and the inevitably limited opportunities MON will give him), he might be worth an approach to provide good competition for Randolph and Elliot.

Edited by The O'Shea - 11 Feb 2018 at 4:31pm
We're decent enough..
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:40pm
He's been part of the England setup already albeit didn't play, there's no chance he'll turn his back on them, if anything he'll be more motivated to earn more call ups for them.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:01pm
I'm aware of that, but he's only been called up in injury emergencies, and there are at least 6/7 lads ahead of him (mostly younger). All in all he'd be worth an enquiry, nothing to lose.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'm aware of that, but he's only been called up in injury emergencies, and there are at least 6/7 lads ahead of him (mostly younger). All in all he'd be worth an enquiry, nothing to lose.
Nothing to lose for sure but if we can't convince any ex-U21 players to play for us then there is zero chance of convincing lads that have been called up to the England senior squads.
The only way is up
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm
Will Keane made his first start of the season in Hull's win over Forest yesterday.

With O'Neill continuing in post, and a deviation from our usual direct style unlikely, I guess he's as good a replacement for Murphy as anything else currently available to us.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:16pm
Apart from being 6'2, I can't say I see anything in Keane that would make him Murphy's replacement. He's very lightly built, and not particularly good in the air. His game is (or was, he may have lost pace from all the injuries) about getting in behind. Certainly he's never been a target man.
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:52pm
He was highly rated in United's academy, even ahead of his brother, but (according to wikipedia) he's only scored five goals in 63 career appearances
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:56pm
Hasn't he been really hampered with injury though? I wouldn't write him off just yet, although he clearly needs a run of games before even being considered.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 453>
  Share Topic