Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 452>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

So in my limited knowledge of eligibility laws, he's only been capped at U16 level by Scotland so if he plays competitively for us at U18 level, we'll be the first country that he's played for as U16 isn't recognised by FIFA. 

It's an odd one that he's decided to accept this call up. Won't get an easy ride at Rangers and are we really that more of an attractive option than Scotland?

Are we really more attractive than Scotland?

Eh... on the brink of World Cup qualification, under-21’s top of their group, and both our 17’s and 19’s through to the elite stages of their respective qualifying competitions. I’d say we are quite a bit more attractive.

Tough call. While watching the Celtic - Bayern game last week I noticed that Celtic's best performers on the night were all young Scottish players. They have the makings of a good team if they get the next appointment right.

Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:45pm

So in my limited knowledge of eligibility laws, he's only been capped at U16 level by Scotland so if he plays competitively for us at U18 level, we'll be the first country that he's played for as U16 isn't recognised by FIFA. 

It's an odd one that he's decided to accept this call up. Won't get an easy ride at Rangers and are we really that more of an attractive option than Scotland?

I'm not even certain if U-18 is a FIFA recognised age level. U-16 certainly isn't, while U-17 and U-19 are. It's quite confusing really.
We're decent enough..
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:48pm

I have to say he must have a strong sense of Irishness if he is doing this. Certainly not going to make his life easy at Rangers. Unless he is on the brink of a move south.

Shows balls if nothing else!

Reminds me of the Rangers guy being booed at Lansdown road a few years ago. I would always stand up for the fans right to boo and cheers who they want ......but i did find it embarrassing!
It's not me it's you:-)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Are we really more attractive than Scotland?

Eh... on the brink of World Cup qualification, under-21’s top of their group, and both our 17’s and 19’s through to the elite stages of their respective qualifying competitions. I’d say we are quite a bit more attractive.
There's very fine margins. This chap isn't going to be in any potential World cup squad we may have so being on the brink of qualifying for the World cup isn't really relevant. If Harry Kane had not equalised in the 94th minute v Scotland in Hampden, they'd be in the playoffs, not us. There really is f**k all between us and I'd say they have a stronger starting XI than us. I've no idea how Scotlands youth teams are performing.

The chap was born in Scotland, I'd assume Scotland would be his first choice.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:13pm
The fact he has been involved with Scotland recently yet has now decided to throw his lot in with us (in spite of the dogs abuse he's likely to receive) may suggest otherwise.
We're decent enough..
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The fact he has been involved with Scotland recently yet has now decided to throw his lot in with us (in spite of the dogs abuse he's likely to receive) may suggest otherwise.
Without knowing anything about the chap apart from the article, I'm going to guess that he was pissed off at being called up to the Scotland U17 but not getting a game and is now willing to try us out.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:34pm
That'd be one hell of an inconvenience to put himself at just to put 2 fingers up to an U-17 manager I would have thought, but who knows.
We're decent enough..
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:41pm
Does anybody know much about him? Being Scottish, I'm guessing genetics haven't been kind to him in the height department?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Rory brown ex NI from Derry in squad. Prepare yourselves for the terrythebore and FU onslaught.

Alex Bruce jumped from the ROI to NI.
There are others too.

Pot and kettle etc...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Rory brown ex NI from Derry in squad. Prepare yourselves for the terrythebore and FU onslaught.

There are others too.

Pot and kettle etc...

Can we give Darron Gibson back to them??? In some kind of half assed cross border peace offering.
Ask MaGee
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:55pm

There are others too.

Pot and kettle etc...

you're right. You would think we are the only country that anyone ever switched too!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 12:01am

Bruce is English.

Pot and kettle etc...
Apples and pears more like.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 1:23am
Bruce came through our underage system, and more than that represented us at senior level, not only in friendlies but also taking his place in competitive match-day squads.

Apple, meet apple.
We're decent enough..
keith3307 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith3307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 1:33am
Dale Gorman of Stevenage was born in Donegal but plays for Norths under21s. Theres an Irish born example.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Bruce is English.

Pot and kettle etc...

He's born in the same place that Washington, Ward and a number of others are from.

The fact is he was a ROI player and then got poached by the IFA to play for NI.

There is nothing to dispute here.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 9:38am

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Bruce is English.

Pot and kettle etc...

He's born in the same place that Washington, Ward and a number of others are from.

The fact is he was a ROI player and then got poached by the IFA to play for NI.

There is nothing to dispute here.

If ever we needed conformation well here it is, these coonts just dont like back up them, they just love to think they can preach at people from their invisable moral (morals, i know a funny word to describe them as having) high ground, bitter bitter bitter coonts

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 07 Nov 2017 at 9:39am
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by keith3307 keith3307 wrote:

Dale Gorman of Stevenage was born in Donegal but plays for Norths under21s. Theres an Irish born example.

Yes his da is Anthony, ex Ireland youth played with Sligo etc.from what I hear anthony threw a huff when his lad wasn't a guarenteed starter. But fair play the lads over the water now, good luck to him!
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:07pm

Originally posted by keith3307 keith3307 wrote:

Yes his da is Anthony, ex Ireland youth played with Sligo etc.from what I hear anthony threw a huff when his lad wasn't a guarenteed starter. But fair play the lads over the water now, good luck to him!
From what I know he wasn't just born in Donegal but he lived in Letterkenny until he moved to play with Stevenage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 452>
  Share Topic