You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 445446447448449 452>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Tough one, the north capped him at senior level back in 2021 before he’d played any senior football.

To start for our under 21s these days you generally need to be playing regular football at at least league 1 level.

I don’t think Conor Bradley himself would have ever thought that he would make it at Liverpool 2/3 years ago. You could use the likes of Lee O’Connor as a good example there.

What could the FAI have done differently? At the time when he received his first Nordie cap he’d of been a sub (at best) for our 21s.

Yet another FAI asleep at the wheel job it seems to me.

Why was he not part of our underage set ups?

We are the dullards of recruitment.  Szmodics could jump ship.  Kenny ignored him consistently for 2 yrs.  We need to be capping lads and actively get in their ear.  Other countries are doing it.  Looks like nobody even contacted him.  We shouldn't be waiting until they break into teams to get them on our side. 

Do you just try and rewrite history in the hope that you start to believe it yourself?

Not re-writing anything mo chara.  Stating a fact. Kenny actively ignored Szmodics for 18 months when he was deserving a place in the squad.   

Seeing as he called him up for the first time, it's not just "re-writing", it's an outright lie.

Lie my eye.  Name the squads he was named in in 2021 & 2022 & 2023 so

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23850769.sam-szmodics-withdraws-republic-ireland-squad/

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12020/12323250/sam-szmodics-republic-of-ireland-midfielder-ruled-out-of-andorra-and-hungary-games-with-injury

Clown

Exactly proves my point.  I knew some eejit would put these links up.  I knoe exacty when he was called up,   So from that June 2021 call up (for a meaningless friendly against Andorra) he was totally ignored until October 2023.  26 months in between totally ignored when he was banging in goals for Blackburn.  And he was initially left out of the October squad and only called up belatedly after a few players got injured and tbh it was an insult to call him up as a fall back when he was top scorer in The Championship.  He has every right to feel aggrieved. 

So explain why he was ignored for 26 months please
He wasn't even at Blackburn for all of that time. He only joined them in August 2022. 
For the 2021-2022 season, he was banging in a grand total 7 goals that season.
For the 2022-2023 season, he was banging in another 7 goals that season.

Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 12:39pm
He joined Blackburn in 2021
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 12:41pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Jammy piper baxtards up there having Bradley tied down 

Our scouting department really messed up

...or you know, he might have wanted to play for the country where he was born?

So why didn’t he?

LOLClap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 12:47pm

He joined Blackburn in 2021

Sorry it was 2022 but he was totally ignored by Kenny.  He is a midfielder and not a striker.  He only took on that mantle since Brereton left and Sam Gallagher got injured.  He played very well in 2022/23 as a midfielder.  

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Lots of 'He's Northern Irish' takes here. Fair enough he has chosen to represent one of the UK's regional representative teams, but can we stop making up pretend nationalities.

He almost certainly has an Irish passport, born and grew up in here. He's Irish, full stop. Playing for the 6 doesn't change that in anyway. 

Whether it's a nation or not there are people who identify as Northern Irish whether you like that or not.

f**k me you can identify as anything these days doesn’t make it right.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Tough one, the north capped him at senior level back in 2021 before he’d played any senior football.

To start for our under 21s these days you generally need to be playing regular football at at least league 1 level.

I don’t think Conor Bradley himself would have ever thought that he would make it at Liverpool 2/3 years ago. You could use the likes of Lee O’Connor as a good example there.

What could the FAI have done differently? At the time when he received his first Nordie cap he’d of been a sub (at best) for our 21s.

Yet another FAI asleep at the wheel job it seems to me.

Why was he not part of our underage set ups?

We are the dullards of recruitment.  Szmodics could jump ship.  Kenny ignored him consistently for 2 yrs.  We need to be capping lads and actively get in their ear.  Other countries are doing it.  Looks like nobody even contacted him.  We shouldn't be waiting until they break into teams to get them on our side. 

Do you just try and rewrite history in the hope that you start to believe it yourself?

Not re-writing anything mo chara.  Stating a fact. Kenny actively ignored Szmodics for 18 months when he was deserving a place in the squad.   

Seeing as he called him up for the first time, it's not just "re-writing", it's an outright lie.

Lie my eye.  Name the squads he was named in in 2021 & 2022 & 2023 so

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23850769.sam-szmodics-withdraws-republic-ireland-squad/

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12020/12323250/sam-szmodics-republic-of-ireland-midfielder-ruled-out-of-andorra-and-hungary-games-with-injury

Clown

Exactly proves my point.  I knew some eejit would put these links up.  I knoe exacty when he was called up,   So from that June 2021 call up (for a meaningless friendly against Andorra) he was totally ignored until October 2023.  26 months in between totally ignored when he was banging in goals for Blackburn.  And he was initially left out of the October squad and only called up belatedly after a few players got injured and tbh it was an insult to call him up as a fall back when he was top scorer in The Championship.  He has every right to feel aggrieved. 

So explain why he was ignored for 26 months please

Jaysus, tj, relax. You asked for something and it was provided. No need to be having a pop at lads for doing exactly what you asked. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:15pm

So why didn’t he?
Exactly. 
A wind up I'd say.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

So why didn’t he?
Exactly. 
A wind up I'd say.

No wind up, he was born in the 6 counties.

Its no secret and more younger people are identify themselves as Northern Irish/non religious rather than simply British/Protestant/Loyalist or Irish/Catholic/Republican.

Its not as black and white as it was before.

Bradley was born in 2003 like, 5 years after the Good Friday agreement.

Its not the same as it was for the likes of McClean or Duffy who grew up during the troubles in a city hit hard by it whos families experienced personal tragedies etc..
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 2:54pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

So why didn’t he?
Exactly. 
A wind up I'd say.

No wind up, he was born in the 6 counties.

Its no secret and more younger people are identify themselves as Northern Irish/non religious rather than simply British/Protestant/Loyalist or Irish/Catholic/Republican.

Its not as black and white as it was before.

Bradley was born in 2003 like, 5 years after the Good Friday agreement.

Its not the same as it was for the likes of McClean or Duffy who grew up during the troubles in a city hit hard by it whos families experienced personal tragedies etc..

Some people see themselves as N.Irish but in this case with him with a GAA background, wearing Republic of Ireland football kits and supposedly some dialogue started about switching before the North called him up, it's fair to say he was fairly glued into his 'Irish' roots versus British or even NI. 

But he could have also turned them down. 

45% of people in the North when polled think there should only be one football team like the Rugby whereas 20% said there shouldn't. I guess over the next decade that could shift more and more towards should only be one Ireland team. So you never know, we could see him play for 'our' side at some point!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 3:12pm
I don't know what the argument is here. 

Yes he's from a nationalist background and could have played for us. He chose the north and seems happy to have done so. 

Its over. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I don't know what the argument is here. 

Yes he's from a nationalist background and could have played for us. He chose the north and seems happy to have done so. 

Its over. 
Agreed. Although anytime there's a young fella from the North who decides to play for them, there's this constant back and forth discussion regarding what "he identifies as". It's tiresome.
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 5:17pm
Connor Bradley's picture perfect cross landing on ESPN's Top Ten plays of the day.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Connor Bradley's picture perfect cross landing on ESPN's Top Ten plays of the day.

Seeing as he's not eligible anymore you might want to post to the below thread instead. 

Edited by irishmufc - 01 Feb 2024 at 6:22pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Seeing as he's not eligible anymore you might want to post to the below thread instead. 

You may want to take a closer look at the dozen or so posts preceding mine.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 6:50pm

The celebratory tone of your post might be better served in that thread. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 6:55pm

Not celebratory, simply pointing out a fact.  
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 7:17pm

Not celebratory, simply pointing out a fact.  

By stating picture perfect? Sounded a bit celebratory but fair enough if it wasn't. We'll move on. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 11:20am
Trap having a nightmare here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 445446447448449 452>
  Share Topic