Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 450>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 6:12pm
He committed before Evan almighty burst onto the scene to take us out of obscurity. Unlucky my son.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

As usual, Wales don't wait around for things to get messy.

It's easier for them to do that though, their depth is limited enough that they have to call up League 2 players reasonably regularly, so if some kid makes a few appearances in the Premier League it's no problem for them to add them in if they're willing to commit. Same with the north.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Mar 2023 at 7:29pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It's easier for them to do that though, their depth is limited enough that they have to call up League 2 players reasonably regularly, so if some kid makes a few appearances in the Premier League it's no problem for them to add them in if they're willing to commit. Same with the north.

It's easy for anyone to do it, you just do it. For whatever reason, we don't.
We're decent enough..
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:39pm

Better waiting till they’re crocks in their mid twenties.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

What a load of waffle.. Vítoria would wipe the floor with any of the teams associated with the players mentioned above. Please, refer to their recent (Tapsoba, Edwards) and continuing (Bamba, Andre Almeida) production line. Braga, another team outside the Big 3 were in the knockout stages of Europa league and sold their striker for 30million to Marseille. 

I know one or two people who spend a lot of time watching Vitoria and all rate him.
You have a large posse of amigos in Guimaraes then? Vitoria are well behind the teams above....they are the equivalent of Hearts or Hibs. Would you pick players off their subs bench? So he's the 18th best player in a squad ranked 136th in Uefa coefficient, but those objective statistics against the opinion of your imaginary pals in some regional Portuguese town 
I expect you were one of those goons getting all excited about how Byrne and Crowley were getting a couple of assists at some diddy obscure club in the lower depths of the Eredivisie

Aye mate just Ze Carlos, the agent of Jota the other Vítoria winger who I know and a former Vítoria player Tabuaço. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:47pm

Well, not really. Harris has played 10 minutes of Premier League football this season. The equivalent for us would be calling up Andrew Moran, which nobody is suggesting we do and would involve skipping him ahead of the likes of Smallbone and Hodge, who each have their own claims on a call up and have more football under their belt. We'd have to call up 30+ players to every squad if we were going to start fitting in lads that have played as little as that.

Wales can afford to do it because they have far less talent coming through and once you get past their first 15 to 18 players the rest of their squad is lower league crap that's there just to make up the numbers.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Mar 2023 at 7:48pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

I think Whoscored ratings are a great objective way to evaluate how a player is getting on (as opposed to nationally subjective fan forums for instance) The ones who are towards the top of each league are precisely the ones you'd expect to be, watching their performances. Only flaw is it doesn't favour players who come on as subs a lot. 
Outside the big three in Portugal though the standard is mediocre so if he's not getting in the team he can't be playing too well. Managers will pick the players they think will win them win games as they are all under pressure to do that, makes no difference whether they were on loan or not. If we're playing wingers you've got Robinson, O'Dowda, Sykes and Ogbene obviously ahead of him and likes of Knight, McClean, Brady and Manning could be deployed there. He'll just get shunted in to the squad like Hamilton just because Kenny got him on board, not to improve us.

What a load of waffle.. Vítoria would wipe the floor with any of the teams associated with the players mentioned above. Please, refer to their recent (Tapsoba, Edwards) and continuing (Bamba, Andre Almeida) production line. Braga, another team outside the Big 3 were in the knockout stages of Europa league and sold their striker for 30million to Marseille. 

I know one or two people who spend a lot of time watching Vitoria and all rate him.

And I know a few lads down the pub, means nothing.

Well, one of the individuals I was referring to played against him as recently as December. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 7:55pm

You have a large posse of amigos in Guimaraes then? Vitoria are well behind the teams above....they are the equivalent of Hearts or Hibs. Would you pick players off their subs bench? So he's the 18th best player in a squad ranked 136th in Uefa coefficient, but those objective statistics against the opinion of your imaginary pals in some regional Portuguese town 
I expect you were one of those goons getting all excited about how Byrne and Crowley were getting a couple of assists at some diddy obscure club in the lower depths of the Eredivisie

Re Hibs/Hearts comparison, Vítoria in the last 3yrs have sold Tapsoba for 20m to Leverkusen, Almeida to Valencia for 8mill and Edwards to Sporting for same. Vítoria signed Quaresma, Hibs signed McGeady. I am confident Hibs’ highest sale was 2m for Martin Boyle.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:33pm
Under 20 call up Tom Hill is in the U21 squad.... for Wales. Another lad who'll be fast tracked if he gets within a sniff of a match day squad.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:55pm
With the best will in the world I don't think Hill would even have made our Under 21s this year, never mind thinking about a senior call-up.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

The Brits should have one football team.

Correct. Ironically none of the British regions would meet the current FIFA criteria for membership 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Correct. Ironically none of the British regions would meet the current FIFA criteria for membership 

What a load of crap. Britain invented and codified the game.

England, Scotland and Wales have the oldest national associations in the world, and along with the Irish FA, set up and consitute the IFAB which established the laws of the game and decides and rules on any proposed changes.

FIFA are happy to accept the Faroes, Gibraltar and Kosovo as members but not England or Scotland?

That's just nonsense.

Edited by Sheedy11 - 14 Mar 2023 at 10:08pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:12pm
I'm not sure about Kosovo, but the Faroes and Gibraltar wouldn't get in under the current rules either. Gibraltar were basically the last makey-uppey country to get in before the door was closed.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Sheedy11 Sheedy11 wrote:

England, Scotland and Wales have the oldest national associations in the world, and along with the Irish FA, set up and consitute the IFAB which established the laws of the game and decides and rules on any proposed changes.

FIFA are happy to accept the Faroes, Gibraltar and Kosovo as members but not England or Scotland?

That's just nonsense.

What is nonsense is that some brit young lad from a made up brit island can play for any four of the brit teams.

Maybe to avoid the hassle just have 1 team, as ultimately they are all... brits.
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 11:05pm

No we shouldn't.  We are different countries u ignoramus.  Rep of Ireland have only been a country for 100 years. Don't ever call me a brit. I'm English.  The home countries have existed as football nations for over 150 years 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm

[QUOTE=Maccatacca]The Brits should have one football team.

[/QUOTE
Nonsense.  We ain't region's dipsh*t. I could easily aay Ireland isn't a real country 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 11:07pm

That's just nonsense.

Exactly except England invented the game not Britain 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

That's just nonsense.

Exactly except England invented the game not Britain 

Calm down Tan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 450>
  Share Topic