Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 400401402403404 450>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:24pm
Don't think this one has come up before - Nick Clescenco, who plays for Sion and has 3 caps for Moldova, was apparently born in Dublin. Technically eligible as his appearances came before his 21st birthday, but seeing as he's already played for Moldova and his old man is also an ex-international, you'd have to say it's an unlikely one. Interesting case all the same.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Don't think this one has come up before - Nick Clescenco, who plays for Sion and has 3 caps for Moldova, was apparently born in Dublin. Technically eligible as his appearances came before his 21st birthday, but seeing as he's already played for Moldova and his old man is also an ex-international, you'd have to say it's an unlikely one. Interesting case all the same.

Is it?
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:30pm
Yeah it was mentioned before. His auld fella is the head coach too.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Yeah it was mentioned before. His auld fella is the head coach too.

Thumbs Up
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 1:47pm
https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1586900629511106560

Jack McGlynn with a lovely ball to help give Union the lead in the MLS cup semi finals. They went on to win 3-1 and play LAFC in the final. Replaced captain Alejandro Bedoya at half time and could start if Bedoya isn't fit for the final.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 1:52pm
Should be a good game on Saturday. Fantastic atmosphere at LAFC home games.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:00pm
Yeah hoping fixture wise can catch a home game next April, or even Galaxy at least.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:37pm
Patrick Casey, who featured on the Charlton bench last night in the EFL Trophy, is listed as Irish on Charlton's website.

According to Kenny's Kids he's a member of the travelling community.

Not sure we've ever had a traveller play for us at any level. There was talk about John-Joe O'Toole years ago but that was never confirmed one way or other.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 03 Nov 2022 at 11:38pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 7:22am
There was also a Kaelan Casey on the bench for West Ham. He’s English but the name suggests possible Irish ancestry. O’Toole rumours not true, I think he was a Harrow lad with grandparents from Mayo, allegedly a problem child at school and a well known beer monster with a penchant for getting into fights off the pitch as well as on it. Worked all right for Anthony Stokes. John-Joe is still playing at Mansfield in League Two but could well have had a higher level career with a more professional attitude.

Edited by Green Cockade - 04 Nov 2022 at 7:23am
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Patrick Casey, who featured on the Charlton bench last night in the EFL Trophy, is listed as Irish on Charlton's website.

According to Kenny's Kids he's a member of the travelling community.

Not sure we've ever had a traveller play for us at any level. There was talk about John-Joe O'Toole years ago but that was never confirmed one way or other.

Savannah McCarthy off the women's team is a traveller.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:50pm
Any more news on James Maddison declaring for us ??

I'd imagine very slim chances of it esp after him getting 1 cap for England already

Edited by Healy52003 - 04 Nov 2022 at 2:53pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:15pm
James loves The EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Any more news on James Maddison declaring for us ??

I'd imagine very slim chances of it esp after him getting 1 cap for England already

Especially since his one cap made him ineligible for us.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 7:55pm
There were some rumblings about German-born Paul Nebel last year. Now out on loan to 2 Bundesliga side Karlsruher (from Mainz).
AM, 11 starts (3 subs), 1 goal, 1 assist.

2002 born, so eligible for the next U21 campaign.

Looks like he Captained Germany U20s last year at least once.

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:10pm
Morocco showing us how the Granny-Rule is done. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 06 Dec 2022 at 6:14pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 9:27am
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/1208/1340671-oneill-would-have-been-wrong-to-cap-rice-grealish/

O'Neill pandering again, end of the day he missed a trick not capping them when he had the chance imo
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 10:29am
O'Neill has never accepted a modicum of blame for anything in his life - he's hypersensitive to criticism. I do think there was little he could do with Grealish, but he messed up big time with Rice and then did his best to do exactly the same thing with Obafemi. I actually think that would be a more interesting question (for non-barstoolers) as to why he thought it was a good idea to question the intentions of a guy who had just joined up with the squad....
We're decent enough..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 2:32pm
He was sensitive to criticism, so what? You could hardly blame him for calling out Keith Andrews who had a few big swipes at him when a pundit. I mean - Keith Andrews, currently co-steering the ship straight into an iceberg. And then there was the interview spats. Dogged in-your-face aggression from a hack like  O'Donoghue desperately fishing for a gotcha moment whether we won or lost. Basement journalism.

And were there no other "hyper sensitive" Irish managers? What about Jack? Or Kerr, or even Giles?  O'Neill's tenure may have ended poorly but his biggest mistake was off the pitch when appointing an assistant with an ego the size of a small planet and the charisma of phlegm. A good coach like his former sidekick John Robertson would have made a big difference.

I don't get the current putdowns of former managers who actually achieved something. It's a bloody disgrace. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 400401402403404 450>
  Share Topic