You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 450>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

46 Irish players have seen game time in the Championship this season by my reckoning. Theres a few others who are Irish eligible such as Cirkin, Delap, Gooch?, Mason Bennett? bringing it to 50ish. About 30 of that 50 would be considered reasonably regular first team players, so about 10% of the playing pool which is pretty significant.

Only 4 Chship clubs have not fielded an Irish player Luton, Watford, Coventry and Huddersfield. The fact that Luton and Coventry which were such hot beds of Irish emigration and have (or certainly had) very significant Irish communities is a bit of a surprise.

Gooch is eligible alright, Mason Bennett is a new one on me though.

Bennett's not very good, very irregular starter at Millwall, 26 now, but whoscored do list him as English/Irish.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 5:33pm

46 Irish players have seen game time in the Championship this season by my reckoning. Theres a few others who are Irish eligible such as Cirkin, Delap, Gooch?, Mason Bennett? bringing it to 50ish. About 30 of that 50 would be considered reasonably regular first team players, so about 10% of the playing pool which is pretty significant.

Only 4 Chship clubs have not fielded an Irish player Luton, Watford, Coventry and Huddersfield. The fact that Luton and Coventry which were such hot beds of Irish emigration and have (or certainly had) very significant Irish communities is a bit of a surprise.

Luton have Louie Watson and Glen Rea who've had a sup of the aul Guinness which makes them eligible. Coventry have Ricardo Dinanga who's made squads in the past.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Luton have Louie Watson and Glen Rea who've had a sup of the aul Guinness which makes them eligible. Coventry have Ricardo Dinanga who's made squads in the past.

Aye, none of those 3 have been fielded this season, I dont think - Dont know whats happened to Rea in particular, he played plenty last season.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 6:10pm
Rea is only back training after getting a serious knee injury back in March when on loan at Wigan.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Rea is only back training after getting a serious knee injury back in March when on loan at Wigan.

The only game he's been playing is the crying game.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

The only game he's been playing is the crying game.

Making light of a player suffering the second major knee injury of his career, you stay classy.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:07pm

Louis Watson and Tony Springett both got some game time this weekend, so that's 48 Irish players now. A few others that haven't featured yet also, so will probably be up to 50 in the not too distant future. Seems like a lot considering it's still October, but not sure how it compares to previous seasons.

Edited by You Tell Me - 23 Oct 2022 at 2:08pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Louis Watson and Tony Springett both got some game time this weekend, so that's 48 Irish players now. A few others that haven't featured yet also, so will probably be up to 50 in the not too distant future. Seems like a lot considering it's still October, but not sure how it compares to previous seasons.

So, we are down to just 3 Chship clubs yet to field an Irish eligible player - Watford, Coventry and Huddersfield. I have it at 50 now, but that includes Delap and Cirkin (on the basis that both are 100% eligible afaik?). I havent included Gooch or Bennett in that 50.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 12:34pm
If you're counting Delap and Cirkin, who are both actively involved with England, you'd be as well to include Jake Clarke-Salter as well, who isn't involved with them.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 12:45pm

So, we are down to just 3 Chship clubs yet to field an Irish eligible player - Watford, Coventry and Huddersfield. I have it at 50 now, but that includes Delap and Cirkin (on the basis that both are 100% eligible afaik?). I havent included Gooch or Bennett in that 50.
Tayo Adaramola played once for Coventry during his loan spell, in the League cup against Bristol in August
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Tayo Adaramola played once for Coventry during his loan spell, in the League cup against Bristol in August

Thanks Tets, should have clarified I was looking at League games only.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 1:37pm

If you're counting Delap and Cirkin, who are both actively involved with England, you'd be as well to include Jake Clarke-Salter as well, who isn't involved with them.

Has his eligibility been confirmed - does he already have the necessary paperwork complete? If so, I'll add him also.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 3:18pm

If we're including English players, players who haven't declared for us, and players who've shown no interest in playing for us then why stop there? Throw in Lukas Jutkiewicz and Kyle Naughton as well. And all the ones with ginger hair.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 5:53pm
Jutkiewicz is a good call, has stated his openness to represent Ireland and was being considered by O'Neill. Even more worthy of inclusion than Delap and Cirkin given there's no reasonable doubt he'd accept a call up.
We're decent enough..
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 6:03pm

Jutkiewicz is a good call, has stated his openness to represent Ireland and was being considered by O'Neill. Even more worthy of inclusion than Delap and Cirkin given there's no reasonable doubt he'd accept a call up.

He'll be 34 for the start of the qualifiers next March! LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I'm not sure he's even eligible. He didn't know himself whether his paternal grandmother was born here or moved here at an early age when asked about it. He also said he'd embrace "anybody" who selected him be it Poland, England or Ireland. Real encouraging stuff. 2 goals in his last 51 appearances at club level so that ship has sailed anyway.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 6:23pm
Thought he had retired
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Tongue meet cheek.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 450>
  Share Topic