Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 451>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:17pm
Its strange that they've made that about Sterling
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its strange that they've made that about Sterling

Yep, funny the lengths they will go...

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:05pm
Another know the situation with Darragh Burns for Pats?

Looks an incredible talent at just 19, but he's been with NI in the youth ranks.  

He's a Dub as they come, but not sure what the story is. 

Is his heart with Ireland or NI?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Another know the situation with Darragh Burns for Pats?

Looks an incredible talent at just 19, but he's been with NI in the youth ranks.  

He's a Dub as they come, but not sure what the story is. 

Is his heart with Ireland or NI?

“Darragh is happy. He’s in with the North U17 squad,” says St. Patrick’s Athletic director of football Ger O’Brien.

Darragh Burns initially played for Bohemians U15s before moving to the Inchicore club. At the time, both St. Pats and coaches from the Dublin schoolboys league contacted the FAI about the ability of the technical midfielder and recommended his inclusion. He was not selected.

“His Dad is from Northern Ireland, he just wasn’t getting called up,” O’Brien explains.

Then an invite to link up with the Northern Ireland U17s was extended and accepted.

Days after his impressive involvement with Northern Ireland, Burns was also invited into the Republic of Ireland U17s squad. He made his debut off the bench against Turkey in a friendly at Tallaght Stadium and grabbed a goal and an assist a week later.

In October, he helped Northern Ireland Euro qualify for the Elite Stages, scoring twice against San Marino.

Then a choice had to be made, the player opted to continue with Northern Ireland.

As O'Brien details, there are implications to this.

He played in a UEFA tournament with the North. Once you play a competitive game you can only make one change. Darragh has played a competitive game. He can only make one change now. He can’t go to Ireland now and then go back to the North.

That’s at any level. Look, Darragh is happy. He’s in the North squad. In fairness to Colin O’Brien, he came and met him. I let Colin explain his thinking for his plans for him, Darragh went away and decided he wanted to go North.

connord96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connord96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:37pm
Conor Bradley starts for Liverpool. Disappointing he hasn’t come our way considering his background.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by connord96 connord96 wrote:

Conor Bradley starts for Liverpool. Disappointing he hasn’t come our way considering his background.

I suspect he'll regret this as he gets older. Hard to turn down senior caps at 18 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:10pm
this Bradley chap is playing well so far here 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

Yeah, he's locked down by NI now. Looks to be a good decision 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Is he?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Is he?

No, hes only played 1 competitive game for the North.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Is he?

Hes played a senior competitive game (wc qualifying) which as I understand it locks him down.

I believe he can play 3 senior friendlies and still change (like rice) but not senior competitive?

Happily proved wrong as these new rules are a sh*t show 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:19pm

Is he?

Hes played a senior competitive game (wc qualifying) which as I understand it locks him down.

I believe he can play 3 senior friendlies and still change (like rice) but not senior competitive?

Its 3 competitive games.

Under Article 9

2. The player played in no more than three competitive senior games before the age of 21.

Edited by Bandwagon - 21 Sep 2021 at 10:25pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:08pm

Is he?

Its 3 competitive games.

Under Article 9

2. The player played in no more than three competitive senior games before the age of 21.

Thanks for clarifying Bandwagon.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:19pm
I'm an lfc fan, but his performance is being overstated here. he did well on his debut tbf and he looks strong and quick, but he gave away a stupid pen and was caught oop on several occasions where konate saved his bacon. a long way to go, but promising enough! 
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:26pm

Is he?

No that's not right. He has three caps so NI would have to cap him once more to formally tie him. However, as he has now taken a competitive cap for them, he'd have to sit out international football at all levels for three years before he could switch to us. So I'd say it's safe enough to say he'll be staying with the North.

Edited by You Tell Me - 21 Sep 2021 at 11:29pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 12:20am
Something I didn't know until recently was that if you play a competitive underage game after you turned 21, that also ties you to that country. It's why Conor Gallagher cannot play for Ireland now, he played in an U21 game after his 21st birthday, which ties him to England.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Something I didn't know until recently was that if you play a competitive underage game after you turned 21, that also ties you to that country. It's why Conor Gallagher cannot play for Ireland now, he played in an U21 game after his 21st birthday, which ties him to England.
I thought that only applied to senior international fixtures?
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 3:10pm
Good wins for the U/15 and U/16 teams yesterday. 7 Shamrock Rovers players in the U/15 Squad. Also John Morlings son playing with u/16s. Most of the players are playing with LOI Clubs. Are DDSL losing its grip on the underage set up.
alive and kicking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 451>
  Share Topic