You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 450>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:17am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Interesting to see former Omagh CBS pupil Conor Bradley called up to the NI senior squad. Plays right back for the Liverpool underage teams.

Possibly somebody we should keep an eye on - potentially could play under 21s for us if interested and see from there. Obviously difficult in these circumstances because we couldn't really justify offering him a senior squad place whereas NI are seemingly short enough on bodies that they can, but it wouldn't be at all surprising if his preference was to play with us.

He got subbed on last night. If we are going to move for him, it will have to be quick. 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:12am
Actually, he can't play for us for three years now after that cap last night. Realistically, at this stage, he'll either turn out to be decent and win more caps for the north, or else he will fall away and won't win many further caps, in which case he wouldn't be on our radar anyway. So I think we can forget about him.

Presumably he feels it's better for his career to take the NI caps on offer now than to wait for a possible Ireland call up in a few years time, that may never come. He'll be seriously bucking a trend in terms of Irish youth players at Liverpool if he makes it to the first team there.

It's interesting the lengths the Nordies feel they need to go to now to stop players defecting to us. Capping Bradley would basically be the equivalent of us capping Glen McAuley two or three years ago.

Edited by You Tell Me - 31 May 2021 at 10:21am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:24pm
There has previously been some speculation that Flynn Clarke of Peterborough was set to declare for us. Not sure if it will happen or not, but it looks like he is about to be signed by Premier League Norwich City.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:37pm

There has previously been some speculation that Flynn Clarke of Peterborough was set to declare for us. Not sure if it will happen or not, but it looks like he is about to be signed by Premier League Norwich City.

Was talking to his brother, FAI were talking to him, sorting his passport and meanwhile Scotland came in, which required less lead time on the paperwork I suppose, so he played underage for them. He was open to either but id expect England to enter the race now too if he's Premier bound after a small few L1 appearances that could be that for kilts and ourselves. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:40pm
What a name Flynn is. Reminds me of George Carlin's bit about guys named Todd.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:51pm
Scotland were in like Flynn
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Was talking to his brother, FAI were talking to him, sorting his passport and meanwhile Scotland came in, which required less lead time on the paperwork I suppose, so he played underage for them. He was open to either but id expect England to enter the race now too if he's Premier bound after a small few L1 appearances that could be that for kilts and ourselves. 

That was last October though? The Rep Of Ireland track page on Facebook stated around March this year that he’s sorting his passport and still intended on declaring for us. 

5 years ago I’d agree but England nowadays have so much depth a young player like him is still an awful long way off England it’s a pipedream really.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

That was last October though? The Rep Of Ireland track page on Facebook stated around March this year that he’s sorting his passport and still intended on declaring for us. 

5 years ago I’d agree but England nowadays have so much depth a young player like him is still an awful long way off England it’s a pipedream really.

Was talking to his brother last July or August. Don't know since.

Well, he's English the lad, it might only take a maybe or a phone call. They did it with Bamford very obviously and it worked. 

We'll see, hopefully he goes green.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:06pm
I was going through the Jack Grealish thread and his brother used to post here. Long story short, I would put little face value in what family members have to say after the Grealish and Rice debacles. Until the player says or does something himself, I'm not interested - and even then, 95% of what they say is rehearsed PR drivel.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:27pm
Just saw Miguel Delaney put up a tweet saying there are 9 players playing at the euros that could have played for Ireland. Surely incorrect? Can think of a few but wouldn't say there are 9.

Rice, Grealish, Kane, Ampadu... O'Shaughnessy from Finland? Don't think Thomas Delaney ever qualified for us. Maybe a few from Scotland or Wales that I'm unaware of.

Kalvin Phillips maybe another one? 

Edited by CillDara - 09 Jun 2021 at 10:32pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:46pm
Robertson for Scotland, probably a few other Scots aswel.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:53pm
Jude Bellingham according to David Sneyd on second captains. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:56pm
Reece James.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:59pm
Bit of a pointless tweet IMO
None of them were born in Ireland, and you could probably have found several in many previous tournaments with Irish parentage or grandparents 

PS Kieran Tierney could have played for Ireland too I’m pretty sure I read once 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Jun 2021 at 11:00pm
Boondock View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boondock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 12:30am
Maguire surely is one
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Boondock Boondock wrote:

Maguire surely is one

Cavan head on him.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:49am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Jude Bellingham according to David Sneyd on second captains. 

Bellingham's dad has an Irish parent so Bellingham would qualify with an Irish grandparent: https://twitter.com/Bello1966/status/1305577712959000576?s=19

Kane, Rice, Bellingham, Grealish, Ampadu and O'Shaughnessy are the 6 I'm sure of.

Reece James I have seen mentioned as someone the FAI were tracking before but I have no idea on the link. I'm not sure if Kalvin Phillips link was ever confirmed either. 

I hadn't been aware of Andrew Robertson or Kieran Tierney but that makes a little sense given that they are Glaswegian and Celtic supporters. I believe that Robertson went to the same school as Aiden McGeady. 

However, there are plenty other Irish sounding names in the Scotland squad. There's McLaughlin, O'Donnell, Hanley, Gallagher, McKenna and McGinn. 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:03am
Hanley is a big Rangers supporter so I doubt he would have been too keen on playing for Ireland. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 450>
  Share Topic