You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 450>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

id rather we lost our next 20 games trying than bring in Bamford. Noooooooo thanks.

Let's not pretend that we are rejecting him. It's him that has rejected us... on multiple occasions if reports are to be believed.

Bamfords first choice is England, I would say his second choice would be to not play international football at all.

Asking an englishman to care about a country he's probably never been to is a tough ask.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

id rather we lost our next 20 games trying than bring in Bamford. Noooooooo thanks.

Let's not pretend that we are rejecting him. It's him that has rejected us... on multiple occasions if reports are to be believed.

Bamfords first choice is England, I would say his second choice would be to not play international football at all.

Asking an englishman to care about a country he's probably never been to is a tough ask.

It seems like it was only really McCarthy who chased him - and rightly so considering our options. Nail in the coffin for me was how he ghosted McCarthy and didn’t give him a straight answer even when McCarthy went to Leeds games with the expectation that they would be meeting. Not saying that makes him an entitled little twat, but that certainly seems to be the way an entitled little twat would act.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 3:16pm

Born and raised in Dublin until the age of 9 but he's apparently considering the North because his mother is from, wait for it... Newry.

Bizarre stuff.

I wonder if Territorial will go into hysterics over this one.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Born and raised in Dublin until the age of 9 but he's apparently considering the North because his mother is from, wait for it... Newry.

Bizarre stuff.

I wonder if Territorial will go into hysterics over this one.

Not so bizarre when you also see an Irish born, of Nigerian decent play for a country he's lived in for 5 years.

Fair to say international football is becomming a bit of a joke  
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 4:33pm
Rio Mcevoys uncle is a friend of my brothers, would be surprised if he chose the north 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Rio Mcevoys uncle is a friend of my brothers, would be surprised if he chose the north 

Interesting one but I suppose he’s looking at his best option for game time. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 9:47pm
Interesting to see former Omagh CBS pupil Conor Bradley called up to the NI senior squad. Plays right back for the Liverpool underage teams.

Possibly somebody we should keep an eye on - potentially could play under 21s for us if interested and see from there. Obviously difficult in these circumstances because we couldn't really justify offering him a senior squad place whereas NI are seemingly short enough on bodies that they can, but it wouldn't be at all surprising if his preference was to play with us.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 10:24pm
Bradley also played GAA for his local team Castlederg... why we aren’t proactive in trying to secure these young Irish talent il never know

Edited by mully_85 - 26 May 2021 at 10:25pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 11:13pm
Sure he might get his few competitive caps for the North and still end up playing for us..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 11:26pm
They'd have to cap him four times to tie him down completely. However, he'd have to wait three years after his last cap before he could switch, so it makes it more difficult (but not impossible) now that he has accepted this call up.

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:54am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

They'd have to cap him four times to tie him down completely. However, he'd have to wait three years after his last cap before he could switch, so it makes it more difficult (but not impossible) now that he has accepted this call up.

My point was that he is so young that it is conceivable Ireland will have united before his career is over. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:09pm
Is Will Smallbone injured or is he considering his options ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:15pm
Injured. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Is Will Smallbone injured or is he considering his options ?

Bad knee injury, predicted to be back at the end of this year. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:27pm
ah pity wish him all the best in his recovery 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 9:39pm
I was on Claudio Reyna's Wikipedia page and see that his wife is an Irish-American former soccer player. The link is probably too far back to have made his son, the Borussia Dortmund player Giovanni Reyna, eligible, not that he'd choose us over any of the other countries he was eligible for anyway.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 11:19pm
Already has four caps for the US national side and included in their squad for the CONCACF Nations League - https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/05/berhalter-selects-23-player-roster-for-concacaf-nations-league-final-four - so should have a competitive cap in the near future
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:17am
The four friendly caps are enough to the him to USA in any case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 450>
  Share Topic