You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 356357358359360 450>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:36am
Kieran Dowell do we think there’s any chance he declares for us again in the near future? Played for us underage switched to England. I don’t see him getting into the England squad. 
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:37am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Kieran Dowell do we think there’s any chance he declares for us again in the near future? Played for us underage switched to England. I don’t see him getting into the England squad. 

He was named by Kenny as one who thought he was eligible but apparently isn’t. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:42am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

How did he play underage for us if he's not eligible ?

TBH who would want to declare for us atm 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

True but he’s hardly going to play for England is he? He played with us a fair bit underage so he’s hardly that lukewarm about international football?

Maybe he’s not eligible with all these ever changing rules as stated above.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:32am

True but he’s hardly going to play for England is he? He played with us a fair bit underage so he’s hardly that lukewarm about international football?

Kieran Dowell never played for us underage. Somebody has been f**king around with his Wikipedia page for some reason and has changed his record to make it look like he played a ton of underage games for us. 

Don’t know why anyone would bother doing that. Maybe it was somebody around here being a funny bollox Wink
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:00am

Kieran Dowell never played for us underage. Somebody has been f**king around with his Wikipedia page for some reason and has changed his record to make it look like he played a ton of underage games for us. 

Don’t know why anyone would bother doing that. Maybe it was somebody around here being a funny bollox Wink

Believe me I’m not that desperate. 😂 

Yes transfermarkt confirms as much that’s my usual go to for sources not Wikipedia but on this occasion in a rush I just clicked into it before asking the question.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 3:50am
people in this thread are no where near wise 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:32pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:17am
If League One's 250th best player was expected to earn 70-80 caps for them then the North's footballing future must be a lot grimmer than ours!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:25am
They don't have a leg to stand on considering they tried to poach Jimmy Dunne and Michael O'Connor.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:29am
Is he ever likely to even get in a squad for us even?
I love beer gardens
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:31am
James McClean, who recently won his 80th cap for Ireland, was given a similar talk by an anonymous source whom James said he respected. I know Mark Sykes maybe better than most here, I saw a lot of him playing for Glenavon in the Irish League. He stood out at that level and for NI under-21s. He came close to promotion with Oxford , scoring for them in the League One play-off in his first professional season. It remains to be seen how his career will pan out but I believe he will go higher and play for bigger clubs and for Ireland.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:06am
He's in a battle at the moment just to get his contract extended at Oxford another year. Based on current career trajectory I wouldn't expect him to really be in the mix for international squads but Irish players do have a habit of being late developers. Anthony Forde must be a fair bit closer to a call up for the moment.

Edited by Conan - 08 Apr 2021 at 1:09am
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:01am
That Irish News article couldn't make it any more obvious as to why Sykes does not wish to represent the North. They specifically refer to him as the "Ormeau Road man".

Have a read of that and you won't be long understanding why this man would take one Ireland cap over 80 Northern Irish caps. 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:44am
Sykes had been going great for Oxford before he switched, it was that form that had got him into the NI senior squad. He has become more of a rotation player since then though and he's now looking to get into an international squad where there is still a much greater depth of player base to choose from compared to NI, although the quality available to us has dropped in recent years.

There's plenty of time for him to kick on and become an international for us but becoming an important part of our squad will need a big improvement at club level. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:31pm
Wonder if Rachel Blackmore can play football
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:15pm
Brendan Hines-Ike scored a wondergoal on his D.C. United debut.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 4:14pm
Some Peter Kioso highlights:

Looks like a tall, rangy fella but good movement and looks tough to play against. Would be good to have him in the summer training camp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 356357358359360 450>
  Share Topic