You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 332333334335336 450>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 8:58pm
Surprised the media has not picked this up if it is kosher. Bamford can only be doing this for leverage, like other opportunists before him; certainly, he played Mick McCarthy before and all his public utterances indicate that he is England through and through, that one Ireland under-18 cap or whatever it was notwithstanding. He is no Joe Biden.
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:22pm
Are the FAI not having a look at Australia, New Zealand, USA or Canada for new players  ?

There's bound to be to be lot of players there with Irish parents or grandparents.

Looking at Australia for players has worked out well for us (Lyndon Dykes) recently. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Are the FAI not having a look at Australia, New Zealand, USA or Canada for new players  ?

There's bound to be to be lot of players there with Irish parents or grandparents.

Looking at Australia for players has worked out well for us (Lyndon Dykes) recently. 

I think you're overestimating the FAI. The last person we had a look at we had him playing in a friendly and told him to 'have a think about it' and is regularly playing for England LOL
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Surprised the media has not picked this up if it is kosher. Bamford can only be doing this for leverage, like other opportunists before him; certainly, he played Mick McCarthy before and all his public utterances indicate that he is England through and through, that one Ireland under-18 cap or whatever it was notwithstanding. He is no Joe Biden.

This is exactly what I think. Bamford is obviously only using us to put pressure on Southgate to call him up.
The only way is up
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 10:38pm
maybe, but i would expect the bamford camp to publicise the meeting if that is the case
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 11:15pm
I reckon Snrub has caught a few lads hook, line, and sinker.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I like the way Snrub thinks!

No, in all seriousness the meeting took place. This is from one of the attendees at said meeting

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 11 Nov 2020 at 11:18pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

No, in all seriousness the meeting took place. This is from one of the attendees at said meeting

Was it Patrick?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 1:07am

Was it Patrick?

Was it Patrick’s manservant? 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 1:38am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Was it Patrick?

Was it Patrick’s manservant? 

It was probably some random man named Patrick.
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 12:07am
Bamford or any other England reject wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference tonight. We need to focus on developing our own.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 3:22pm
(From an interview with Kalvin Phillips in The Tmes yesterday)

Bamford is a popular character at Leeds, especially with Phillips. “Last year was tough for Pat. He had a lot of stick. I had family and friends saying, ‘What’s Bamford doing? Is he a good player?’ Pat’s an unbelievable player. He’s got all the attributes to be a great striker: strong, quite big, faster than people think. His finishing is unbelievable.”
So why is Bamford now flying this year, scoring seven times in eight Premier League games? “Confidence,” Phillips replies. “I’ve always said he’s a really good player, just a confidence player.”
Bamford remains hopeful of following Phillips into the England squad. “Pat said he couldn’t sleep the other night because the squad was getting announced the next day and he thought he could have a chance.”

[Incidentally, if you can access the whole article, it gives an interesting insight into Phillips - comes from an unbelievably tough background.]
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 7:30pm
Presumably McEneff has processed his Fifa transfer from the North then. He's played under age for them and I remember Michael O'Neill having a pop at Noel King 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 7:26am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Presumably McEneff has processed his Fifa transfer from the North then. He's played under age for them and I remember Michael O'Neill having a pop at Noel King 

Switch completed just two weeks ago.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Switch completed just two weeks ago.
His younger brother Jordan is with us too. Been unlucky with injury at arsenal , like Aaron was at Spurs . But one I could see going back over.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 4:40pm
Jordan scored for the Arsenal U21s in the FA Trophy recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNOuieepLMk&t=40s
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 3:01pm
Anyone remember that kid John-Joe Finn, who was signed with Real Madrid a few years back, Irish father born in Spain, well he is on the bench for Getafe today in La Liga swaping places with Ryan Nolan . 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 29 Nov 2020 at 3:02pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Anyone remember that kid John-Joe Finn, who was signed with Real Madrid a few years back, Irish father born in Spain, well he is on the bench for Getafe today in La Liga swaping places with Ryan Nolan . 

I see Kenny’s Kids is reporting it. Can’t be for real, can it? He dropped right off the radar.

His father is from Monaghan I think

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 332333334335336 450>
  Share Topic