Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 450>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Smallbone isn’t good enough for England unless he’s willing to hang around for 5 years to get possibly 1 cap. The top English youth coming through are easily better than him. 

Connor Ronan simply isn’t even close. There isn’t even a discussion there, he’s never playing for England. 

Joe Hodge is the only one good enough. 

Smallbone has broken through to playing Premier League football at 20 years of age; Hodge still has a hell of a long way to go before we can say the same for him. As things stand, Smallbone is in a much better position to play for Ireland or England than Hodge is.
He’s 20 with 2 appearances to his name, he hasn’t broken through to anything. 

Joe Hodge is one of the best players in his age group, Will Smallbone is nowhere near that. Being older doesn’t make you better. As things stand, thinking Smallbone has any chance of playing for England is just short of laughable. His competition is miles ahead. 

You are not understanding. Smallbone has already made the breakthrough, whereas Hodge hasn't. It's incredibly hard to make the breakthrough (especially at a team like Man City..) so there's still a massive amount of uncertainty around Hodge. Smallbone has already surpassed that "uncertainty" and is in a good position to take the next step towards establishing himself as a Premier League footballer. That automatically puts Smallbone way ahead of Hodge in terms of current likelihood to play international football.

I’m not misunderstanding anything, Smallbone has two appearances at 20 years old. He hasn’t broke through anything. 

You are correct though, Hodge is an uncertainty just as with every talented youth player. Smallbone is more of a certainty. A certainty that he isn’t even close to being good enough to play for England’s senior side. That automatically puts him below Hodge. 

Ok.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 3:51pm
Mr. Brick is no craic at all
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 10:33am
[QUOTE=Mr. Snrub]Mr. Brick is no craic at all
[/QUOTE

His is solid and reliable though
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 11:26am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

[/QUOTE

Tends to construct his posts with no foundation though
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

[/QUOTE

Tends to construct his posts with no foundation though
He’s the hod carrier of the forum.
Forevergreen90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forevergreen90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 12:14pm
Hi all. I'm new here so sorry if this has already been covered. Just been reading about Patrick Roberts maybe going back to Celtic permanently. Is he eligible for us atall? I know his parents are both Scousers but a scouser with an Irish name doesn't necessarily mean a connection. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:28pm
Josh Martin, on the bench for Norwich tonight, is eligible for us.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:29am
Anyone seen anything of En-neyah at Nottingham forest? Not really heard of him before but has played for us at u15, is an attacking midfielder and seems to be breaking through to the first team.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Anyone seen anything of En-neyah at Nottingham forest? Not really heard of him before but has played for us at u15, is an attacking midfielder and seems to be breaking through to the first team.

As far as I know, his only appearance for the first team this season was a nine-minute cameo against Chelsea in the Cup in January.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:13pm
Was En-Neyah not actually born in Ireland? He seems to have been doing well for Forests underage sides for ages, but is yet to make any real inroads with the first team.
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:36pm

Was En-Neyah not actually born in Ireland? He seems to have been doing well for Forests underage sides for ages, but is yet to make any real inroads with the first team.

Born in Morocco, brought up in Dublin, according to an article I read today.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:22pm
I’m a Celtic fan myself and never heard of Paddy Roberts having any Irish connections. Would be a decent addition to the squad though. 

Edited by Fitz - 20 Jun 2020 at 8:23pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:40pm
No known Irish connections. He was outstanding for Celtic previously but hasn't hit the heights since.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 9:04pm
Not sure how Paddy Roberts came into the conversation?

He's a quality player, his career hasn't really panned out the way he'd expected too since he left Celtic.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

I’m a Celtic fan myself and never heard of Paddy Roberts having any Irish connections. Would be a decent addition to the squad though. 
Mikey Johnston a lot more likely
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Won’t he play for Scotland?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Nowhere near good enough for us. Might get a few caps for Scotland but they're relatively strong in midfield compared to the rest of their team.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:41pm
6’6” 16 year old goalie with ties to Poland and Kildare 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 450>
  Share Topic