Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 450>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:20am
This is turning into the Manchester City thread.LOL
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Of course it's cynical; he's been nowhere near the squad for 2 years and suddenly he gets a call up when Ireland come looking for him. He's widely been mentioned as the "surprise inclusion", so its hardly as if his form has been so outstanding that everyone thought he would be called up anyway.

In any case, I'm not criticising Southgate; he's doing exactly what he should do - securing players who may be useful to him going forward. That is the exact opposite of what we do, which is either a)sit on our a*se until the situation is taken out of our control; or b)alert everyone to exactly who we're trying to get on board, thus inviting trouble on ourselves.
He's been the only shining light for Saints this season. He's been brilliant. No surprise whatsoever he's in the side. More surprised at JWP being there
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:32am
No surprise except for every media outlet and England fan proclaiming it "the surprise inclusion". The only people I've seen claim it isn't a surprise is, funnily enough, Southampton fans....
We're decent enough..
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

[QUOTE=Gerry Geary] A Scottish is a person who can't play football and decided to ❤ tennis and Andy Murray. They invented golf and the "dulce de leche" !!!

LOL LOL LOL

With the exception of Andy Robertson, we might not be able to play football but in the past Scottish immigrants with gigantic moustaches have certainly taught certain South American nations how to play it Thumbs Up You are welcome.

The "dulce de leche" ? As far as I'm aware, we Scots have never invented any acrobatic anal sex positions.

Btw it looks like it was the Dutch who actually invented golf. 

All I have asked you to do mate was to provide a simple source that Johnstone is imminently going to switch international allegiance, strangely you find it impossible to do so. Tongue
[/QUOTE
ROBERTSON is an anomaly from this paradigm. So the scotts invented the dulce de leche TO THE WORLD ! Johnston will switch it depends on the next dark blue coach. Why never Souness nor Kenny D? FERGUSON covered Jock Stein. 1986... I was joking Strachan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 1:15pm
Okoflex is being touted to start for Celtic tomorrow. I wonder has Kenny been in touch with him, he'd certainly be a good option for the U-21's.
We're decent enough..
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:29pm
Is he definitely eligible for England? What level has he played for them? 

I know he's played for them at some level but was it 17s? I know that players have played for Ireland at 15/16s level without being eligible. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

I know he's played for them at some level but was it 17s? I know that players have played for Ireland at 15/16s level without being eligible. 

Resident rules
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

I don't know if we're exactly sure. He'd have needed 5 years of schooling in England, and it seems he had either 4 or 5, so difficult to tell.
We're decent enough..
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:24am
It says on internet that Jon Patrick Flanagan is eligible for Éire.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:25am
Wasn't he available for Eire? As I remembered.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

It says on internet that Jon Patrick Flanagan is eligible for Éire.

The internet is wrong. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 6:31am
One generation out from what I can remember was mentioned on here before.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

From what I have seen of him, it is the same generation on both sides.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:14pm
Brandon O'Neill (who's previously expressed his desire to play for us) has been called up by Australia for the first time. Unlikely he'd get anywhere near our squad, so probably the right option for him.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

From what I have seen of him, it is the same generation on both sides.

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 2:19pm
Jason Knight on the bench for Derby
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Jason Knight on the bench for Derby

From what I’ve seen of himself, Bolger and Connell at underage level, Knight is the most talented player of the three. 

Hope Derby stay down and he gets a run in the Championship next season. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 11:09pm
I know he'll never actually play for us. But Nathan Redmond didn't make the final England Squad meaning he'll still technically be eligible for us after this round of fixtures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 450>
  Share Topic