You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 450>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:23am
George Nunn in the squad for Chelsea Youths for their UEFA Youth League final against Porto today. He made his under 18s Irish debut in Andy Reid’s first game in charge against Turkey.
Sponsored Links

BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:20pm

Patrick Bamford: Leeds United striker charged by Football Association for simulation

Video of dive/theatrics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRi6BKPVvo

Personally I don't want him declaring for Ireland or McCarthy chasing him. Not just because of this, but because he just not seem to want to declare for us before seeing if he can get into the premiership next year and potentially get into the England squad. "Focusing on his club football at the moment", where have we heard that before? Dead
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:20pm
From a footballing ability point-of-view, why not? But his attitude towards the possibility of a call up has been less than encouraging. I'd much rather we at least considered Crowley, who has shown a clear interest. Getting other dual nationals already involved in the set up to commit would be more worthwhile too
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:40pm
James Blunt is a ****
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:10pm
Bobby Burns, 19 y.o. from Belfast, got his first goal for Hearts in the SPL tonight.  Has played for them in their last 12 or so games.

Would be nice to see him in our Toulon squad. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Bobby Burns, 19 y.o. from Belfast, got his first goal for Hearts in the SPL tonight.  Has played for them in their last 12 or so games.

Will he not declare for the north 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:42am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

He's already appeared in NI senior squad last year, and will likely be named in their next squad given his elevation to the Hearts first team.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Is that an order? LOL
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 4:08pm
Jake McGing of Wisla Ploch in the Ekstraklasa is eligible, as is Johnny Smith of Bristol City who spent the season on loan at Tranmere.

Youth players Johnny Reynolds of ADO Den Haag; Conor Noss of Borussia Monchengladbach; Jack Leahy of Brighton; and Sam Blair of Norwich are all eligible too.
We're decent enough..
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jake McGing of Wisla Ploch in the Ekstraklasa is eligible, as is Johnny Smith of Bristol City who spent the season on loan at Tranmere.

Youth players Johnny Reynolds of ADO Den Haag; Conor Noss of Borussia Monchengladbach; Jack Leahy of Brighton; and Sam Blair of Norwich are all eligible too.

Fair play. How do you find these guys  ?

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:24pm
They mentioned Rory Delaps son there on Sky at halftime in the play off game. He was part of the Derby reserves league winning team. I know he’s played for England youths but anyone know if the FAI have been in touch to see if he is interested in following in his fathers footsteps?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:13pm

Yeah, how did you get hold of those names? All new ones on me
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Yeah, how did you get hold of those names? All new ones on me

It looks to me like he has been on transfermarkt, which can be quite an unreliable website for "2nd nationalities".

Edited by NIGreenWall - 11 May 2019 at 7:48pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:00pm
Us Irish get around that's for sure 
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:35pm
What age group does/can the FAI draft players born overseas into the underage set ups? I know my cousin Michael got called up age 16 for the under 17's up to under 21's years ago... Only asking because my other cousins son (will be eligible through all grandparents through both sides of his family) has been offered a 2 year placement at Stoke City's academy but he's only 14 and he wants to play for Ireland if deemed good enough but I only remember from my younger years is that you had to play for the country you went to school in...  
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:45pm
As far as I'm aware, the FAI can call up essentially anyone they want below U-17 level (ie non FIFA recognised age groups). Hence why we've had guys like Julian Kelly and James Wallace represent us at at those levels who later transpired to not even be eligible.
We're decent enough..
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:10pm
Anyone know if this Ronan Darcy lad at Bolton qualifies, being touted by a number of clubs, he’s played underage for England I think
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:17pm
Posh bamford acting the maggot as usual 

Dont think he will ever wear the green 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 450>
  Share Topic