You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 450>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:48pm
Looks like a prospect - formerly captain of U18s and now on Liverpool's U19 and U23 sides.  

Has been called up to train with the first team squad on occasion.  

His eligibility was highlighted on here last August.  

Shame he's not been successfully approached by us (or approached at all). 
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:43pm
We don't know that he was or was not approached

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 15 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Looks like a prospect - formerly captain of U18s and now on Liverpool's U19 and U23 sides.  

Has been called up to train with the first team squad on occasion.  

His eligibility was highlighted on here last August.  

Shame he's not been successfully approached by us (or approached at all). 
You have access to all his family's phones and emails?
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:34am
[

Edited by RKeane - 16 Mar 2019 at 5:07pm
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Rustybedsprings View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustybedsprings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:50am
Heung-min Son wouldve been class. Someone dropped the ball not scouting in our South East Asia diaspora.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

If his player registration is with England, he should start the process of changing it now if he has any real ambition to play for us.

agree, that's the question I'd like an answer to. if he hasn't started that, I think its obvious hes just holding out for an England cap if leeds get promoted. if he has gotten the passport/put the paperwork in, I think his answer of wanting to focus on club until end of the season holds a little more water
Mick should forget about this fella. If Leeds get promoted he won’t be committing himself for Sep /Oct either so no use to Mick.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 12:10pm
That is the risk of a non polítika society. Globalization is destroying nationalisms. 
back then they were proud 1st and second generation of irishmen. Some of them could have played for the queen and the 3 lions in the past but they chose not.
we could have got Gazza and maybe his and our Italy 90 and euro 92 and wc 94 Could have been even better. maybe his today's life could have been better as well. 
there were a few who chose Eire before England who could realistically would play for them. GALVIN. LAWRENSON . ALDRIDGE. HUGHTON. TOWNSEND. O'LEARY AND PAUL MCGRATH. Maybe ROBINSON at his prime in the early 80s.  

don't remember anyone as good as them playing for Ireland after them.

that's why we need to look for Scottish and welsh plus northern playerS who really HATE England and all the colonialism that they have used against the world.

Edited by Gerry Geary - 16 Mar 2019 at 12:19pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

That is the risk of a non polítika society. Globalization is destroying nationalisms. 
back then they were proud 1st and second generation of irishmen. Some of them could have played for the queen and the 3 lions in the past but they chose not.
we could have got Gazza and maybe his and our Italy 90 and euro 92 and wc 94 Could have been even better. maybe his today's life could have been better as well. 
there were a few who chose Eire before England who could realistically would play for them. GALVIN. LAWRENSON . ALDRIDGE. HUGHTON. TOWNSEND. O'LEARY AND PAUL MCGRATH. Maybe ROBINSON at his prime in the early 80s.  

don't remember anyone as good as them playing for Ireland after them.

that's why we need to look for Scottish and welsh plus northern playerS who really HATE England and all the colonialism that they have used against the world.

Scottish and Welsh people don't hate the English, they pretend to.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:31pm
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that Javier is a comic genius on a different plain from us, spreading subversive and acerbic wit in the guise of a Peronist xenophobe.
An Argentine Frank Sidebottom who won’t be truly understood until he has passed, but when he does there will be virtual pilgrimages on here from devoted fans the world over.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that Javier is a comic genius on a different plain from us, spreading subversive and acerbic wit in the guise of a Peronist xenophobe.
An Argentine Frank Sidebottom who won’t be truly understood until he has passed, but when he does there will be virtual pilgrimages on here from devoted fans the world over.
there is a sense of Globalization in football as well. pre Madonna....ALDO said that when he was approached to play for Eire in 1985 he said that was all for him. and I remember he said TATCHER hated 3 things. Football, Liverpool city that wasn't UK...and the Irish. don't you think that sense is still there ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:44pm
LOL
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL
I thought I were astuter my dear flower of Piccadilly circus
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:57pm
ESPN    ARGENTINAClap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:32pm
Joshua Kayode is on the bench for Rotherham today; probably deserves a place in one of our underage squads.
We're decent enough..
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:36am
If we can get Redmond now is when. England getting big goal fests for their kingdom. Now its time to get Redmond on board along with Paddy. But can Paddy Bamford play the lone striker role? it s Time to move fast
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:21am
I'd sooner watch McGoldrick chasing balls past the goal line than the right honorable Sir Bamford traipsing the ashes of his England dream half-heartedly around the Aviva. With his dad playing off him.

Nathan Redmond? Wore the England shirt 78 times, including once at full international level. Sick
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

I'd sooner watch McGoldrick chasing balls past the goal line than the right honorable Sir Bamford traipsing the ashes of his England dream half-heartedly around the Aviva. With his dad playing off him.

Nathan Redmond? Wore the England shirt 78 times, including once at full international level. Sick
you failed as an Irish free state mother if your kids play for f**king angeterre? that's my questions.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

Did you have a problem with David McGoldrick playing last night?McGoldrick who didn't know he had any Irish connection until 2014? Sure, he chose us over Scotland, but would he have chose us over England? Nathan Redmond has an Irish mother. England may well have been his first choice, but I don't see the difference between a lad having England as his first choice when he is younger and coming to us later and a lad who declares at 18/19 because he knows he won't make it for England. The only difference is the older lad, like Redmond or Bamford, is more likely to be better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 450>
  Share Topic