Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 450>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Are the Indo jumping the gun on this one?

Here’s Mick’s comments about Bamford from the42.ie

“He said that he’ll make himself available in the summer and that he just wants to concentrate on promotion with Leeds. I can understand that. He’s in the team and he’s scoring goals and Leeds want to get promoted. Things can upset you, I get it. He comes to meet me about playing, all of a sudden he doesn’t score, then he gets left out. Footballers can be sensitive to outside influences, I get that. He could be in the Premier League with Leeds next season and he doesn’t want anything to disturb that.”

Generous reading of the situation I'd say. If he makes himself available in the Summer then fair enough, but I won't be at all surprised if he pushes back again, especially if Leeds go up..
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Are the Indo jumping the gun on this one?

Here’s Mick’s comments about Bamford from the42.ie

“He said that he’ll make himself available in the summer and that he just wants to concentrate on promotion with Leeds. I can understand that. He’s in the team and he’s scoring goals and Leeds want to get promoted. Things can upset you, I get it. He comes to meet me about playing, all of a sudden he doesn’t score, then he gets left out. Footballers can be sensitive to outside influences, I get that. He could be in the Premier League with Leeds next season and he doesn’t want anything to disturb that.”

Spot on ,he wouldn't be available anyway until June.I think if he was bullsh*ting Mick would see through it especially after the Declan rice nonsense and the answer he gave on Redmond.

Edited by Green rebel - 14 Mar 2019 at 8:48pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:59pm
If it is the case that Bamford wants to wait until the end of the season before addressing his international future, I don't think that's all that unreasonable. He has had serious injury problems over the past couple of seasons. And it's mid-March - the season's only got a few more weeks to run!

I remember Scott Hogan saying something similar for very similar reasons, and he eventually committed.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

If it is the case that Bamford wants to wait until the end of the season before addressing his international future, I don't think that's all that unreasonable. He has had serious injury problems over the past couple of seasons. And it's mid-March - the season's only got a few more weeks to run!

I remember Scott Hogan saying something similar for very similar reasons, and he eventually committed.

Yeah, it is understandable enough.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:17pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Yeah, it is understandable enough.

I'd agree on this one, he's started 8 games this season *8* (scoring 7 btw for those telling him to do one) ..... 9 crucial games to go in a 3 way dog fight for 2 places.......I don't have a problem him putting off talk of International football for now.......but come the time everything is decided club wise he needs to make a decision or everyone walks away
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:12am
Presuming Leeds get promoted automatically, the last game in the Championship for them is the 5th May. Bamford could easily join up for the June squad if he is in any way interested. It doesn't make sense that he is waiting until at least September and it is far more likely that he still thinks that he can come to Southgate's attention once Leeds get to the Premiership.
The only way is up
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:23am
Actually, reading those quotes, I take back what I said. He hasn't played as much this season as he could have and it is fair to say he should want to be able to play for Leeds without outside interference for the rest of the season - especially given the importance of them getting promoted.

If he turns down a June call up, though, f**k 'im.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:25am
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Presuming Leeds get promoted automatically, the last game in the Championship for them is the 5th May. Bamford could easily join up for the June squad if he is in any way interested. It doesn't make sense that he is waiting until at least September and it is far more likely that he still thinks that he can come to Southgate's attention once Leeds get to the Premiership.
Exactly can't he declare now and by the time the season is over his paperwork will be processed. It's all a load of Bull and he is keeping his options open, I think we have had enough of that for one year.
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:12am
Another bad injury and it could be the end of bamfords career, not a hope will get an england call up with whats there at the moment, he knows this for sure, played very little football for a lad of his age so probably needs a decent contract if leeds go up , don't think this has anything to do with engerland , when u think what murphy  doyle, long did in the championship goals wise over the years, he is not even near there goals record, 
royal rover
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:32am
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

Another bad injury and it could be the end of bamfords career, not a hope will get an england call up with whats there at the moment, he knows this for sure, played very little football for a lad of his age so probably needs a decent contract if leeds go up , don't think this has anything to do with engerland , when u think what murphy  doyle, long did in the championship goals wise over the years, he is not even near there goals record, 

He's a year younger than Wilson at Bournemouth, who has over come two serious knee setbacks and didn't enjoy Bamfords elite club Prem academy start in the game either, but is an England player at the moment. This has everything to do with England, because thats what the lad identifies as, English & it wouldn't surprise me at all if Southgate has encouraged him during the week.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:52am
His decision is such bull. As has been mentioned if there is no decision to make then just do the paperwork now so everything is in place for end of season.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:53am
If his player registration is with England, he should start the process of changing it now if he has any real ambition to play for us.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:45am
Revisit the situation in the summer, but Mick's comments on Crowley (saying he left him out of the squad because he took his time to declare) were a bit odd when you consider that Bamford would not only make our squad but very likely start for us if he did declare. It's a bit like saying 'if you're good enough, you're Irish enough'.

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Exactly can't he declare now and by the time the season is over his paperwork will be processed. It's all a load of Bull and he is keeping his options open, I think we have had enough of that for one year.

100%, get the paperwork in motion but don't play until June if the issue is about getting an uninterrupted run in Leeds team. No reason to delay paperwork as I presume he will have some pleb doing it for him unless of course he is still hedging his bets. Mick should call him out on it.
It's not me it's you:-)
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Revisit the situation in the summer, but Mick's comments on Crowley (saying he left him out of the squad because he took his time to declare) were a bit odd when you consider that Bamford would not only make our squad but very likely start for us if he did declare. It's a bit like saying 'if you're good enough, you're Irish enough'.

very very good point, absolute bull sh*t from Mick
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

If his player registration is with England, he should start the process of changing it now if he has any real ambition to play for us.

agree, that's the question I'd like an answer to. if he hasn't started that, I think its obvious hes just holding out for an England cap if leeds get promoted. if he has gotten the passport/put the paperwork in, I think his answer of wanting to focus on club until end of the season holds a little more water
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:09pm
Liam Coyle of Liverpool has been called up to the NI U-21 squad.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 450>
  Share Topic