Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 450>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 4:32pm
probably been done to death on here but Jack Clarke of Leeds ? Playing well now
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 8:46pm
has anyone actually asked mick About Dan Crowley?is he aware of him even
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

has anyone actually asked mick About Dan Crowley?is he aware of him even

The bigger question is how many people have actually watched him rather than just go off 2nd hand hype
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm
the fact that he is playing regularly in a decent league in europe and contributing goals and assists from a number 10 role.... surely this is all the information we need to want our manager to at least check him out
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 10:23pm
Callum Slattery on the bench for Southampton tonight for the first time. Does he qualify?
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 4:18pm
Redmond playing well. Doubt he switches as mentioned before but hope Mick at least tries for him. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
Ferdinando and VVK played well the other night too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:11am
I probably should know the answer to this but don’t. Me and my mates are out in Sydney, we were talking about if you stayed would you kids play for Ireland of Australia. All of us said Ireland obviously but with us being born in Belfast would they qualify? I know McClean etc all qualify for Ireland being born in the north but is it any different for 2nd generation? 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:18am
No, you're indistinguishable from any other Irish citizen, you can pass your citizenship onto your kids.
We're decent enough..
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No, you're indistinguishable from any other Irish citizen, you can pass your citizenship onto your kids.

I’m a good few beers deep, I’m abit slow right now. So could they play for Ireland, yes or no LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

I’m a good few beers deep, I’m abit slow right now. So could they play for Ireland, yes or no LOL

YES

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:54am
Yes, and your grandkids, just like the rest of us.
We're decent enough..
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:08am

Posted at 8.20 LOLLOL Some life

.. Nevermind

Edited by The White Cafu - 11 Jan 2019 at 10:09am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:31pm

Possibly "yes", possibly "no".

Anyone born outside of Ireland to a parent(s) from either part of Ireland is automatically an Irish national from birth and therefore entitled to be selected by the FAI.

However, afaik someone born outside Ireland who relies on an Irish-born grandparent(s) is certainly automatically entitled to Irish nationality, but may not actually be an Irish national until the point at which he/she is entered onto the Register of Foreign Births.

Should that be so, then FIFA may consider this person to be "acquiring a new nationality" (i.e. other than that the country of birth eg Australia, UK etc). And FIFA's rules are clear that for anyone acquiring a new nationality, the grandparent would have to have been born on the territory of the new Association which the grandchild wishes to represent. Therefore if the grandparent(s) was born in NI, then the relevant association would be the IFA, not the FAI.

I should add that I'm by no means certain about this, and although there may have been one or two individuals capped by the FAI at under-age level who did not satisfy this test (Adam Barton?), they may have been an oversight?

In any case, I'm pretty sure it has never been tested at "A" (senior) international level, for a competitive game at least.

Edited by Territorial - 11 Jan 2019 at 12:34pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Anyone born outside of Ireland to a parent(s) from either part of Ireland is automatically an Irish national from birth and therefore entitled to be selected by the FAI.

However, afaik someone born outside Ireland who relies on an Irish-born grandparent(s) is certainly automatically entitled to Irish nationality, but may not actually be an Irish national until the point at which he/she is entered onto the Register of Foreign Births.

Should that be so, then FIFA may consider this person to be "acquiring a new nationality" (i.e. other than that the country of birth eg Australia, UK etc). And FIFA's rules are clear that for anyone acquiring a new nationality, the grandparent would have to have been born on the territory of the new Association which the grandchild wishes to represent. Therefore if the grandparent(s) was born in NI, then the relevant association would be the IFA, not the FAI.

I should add that I'm by no means certain about this, and although there may have been one or two individuals capped by the FAI at under-age level who did not satisfy this test (Adam Barton?), they may have been an oversight?

In any case, I'm pretty sure it has never been tested at "A" (senior) international level, for a competitive game at least.

Even if the said grandparent had an Irish Passport?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:54pm

There's no "possibly" about this. We went through it ad infinitum around a year ago and definitive evidence was provided to you repeatedly by both myself and Danny Invincible which you simply chose not to accept... Your refusal to accept it does not change the finality of the evidence, however, no matter how much you might wish it did.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Even if the said grandparent had an Irish Passport?
Except we're not talking about capping the grandparent here!

Of course such a grandparent's nationality confers the right for the grandchild to acquire an Irish passport. 

But mere possession of a passport does not in itself confer eligibility to represent an Association. 

For example, the last major revision of the eligibility rules by FIFA followed on from the governments of Qatar and Cape Verde etc giving out passports to Brazilian footballers who weren't quite good enough to play for the country of their birth, but who would certainly have been good enough to represent their "new" country.

The point being that these passports were acquired perfectly legally (if cynically).

Edited by Territorial - 11 Jan 2019 at 1:36pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:42pm

There's no "possibly" about this. We went through it ad infinitum around a year ago and definitive evidence was provided to you repeatedly by both myself and Danny Invincible which you simply chose not to accept... Your refusal to accept it does not change the finality of the evidence, however, no matter how much you might wish it did.
Unless you can point to a clear flaw in my argument; or you can point to a specific adjudication; or until it is properly tested by an actual example, you cannot claim that it is "definitive".

I am saying it could still go either way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 450>
  Share Topic