Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 452>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No chance of MON seeking out and recruiting a new right back for the remainder of the campaign

Naughton no better than what we have anyway
I think he would be a pretty big step up! As O'Shea said, we have one out and out right back and Naughton is clearly much better than him. I think the ship has sailed.
Doherty certainly seems to have improved since switching sides but is surely still capable at right-back and worth a look.

You really aren't a fan of Christie are you LOL
You don't think Naughton is better than him? I'd love for Christie to become an international superstar but he won't, he has done amazingly well to get as far as he has in the game and used his athleticism to make up for other failings, the problem is the higher you go in the game the more those failings will be exposed.

Naughton is a good fullback alright and prob better all round but I think Christie has done well and deserves his place in the team.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 27 Mar 2017 at 2:25pm
Sponsored Links

Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:36pm
Can see Wilson getting back in the squad. Plays anywhere across the back. Not getting much minutes for WBA tho.
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Can see Wilson getting back in the squad. Plays anywhere across the back. Not getting much minutes for WBA tho.

This.

Wilson can just about play anywhere in defence, i think he's a loss to us. Pity he's not playing games. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No chance of MON seeking out and recruiting a new right back for the remainder of the campaign

Naughton no better than what we have anyway

I agree

Options there for him, Christie, Doherty, Meyler even Hayes can play right back if badly needed

Hayes is a left-footed winger, no chance in hell can we afford to be playing him at right-back. Christie is our only natural-right back playing in that position for his club at the moment, that is a pretty dire situation.

Why I said if badly needed.

Who played right back for U21's against Kosovo?

That's really stretching "badly needed" tbf, I mean why even put ourselves in that position in the first place? It's a bit like saying we don't need any new strikers because Stephen Ward can play there if it's "badly needed"

Danny Kane, 19 year old Huddersfield centre-back. We don't even have any young guys coming through in the position...
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:26pm
I personally think now is the time to recruit Naughton so as to have more solid options at right back. He is capable of playing left back also. Christie is ok going forward but I am not sure about him defensively.

Edited by grannyrule - 27 Mar 2017 at 3:28pm
The only way is up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

I personally think now is the time to recruit Naughton so as to have more solid options at right back. He is capable of playing left back also. Christie is ok going forward but I am not sure about him defensively.
Genuinely curious here, what is he good at going forward? Throw ins?
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:36pm

He is good attacking down the wing but not so good at the defending part.Wink
The only way is up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:43pm

Right, what bits though? He has terrible ball control, poor passing, his crossing hardly ever beats the first man and, as often as he tries, neither does he. As far as I can see it just means he runs forward with the ball and does absolutely nothing with it!
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm

Right, what bits though? He has terrible ball control, poor passing, his crossing hardly ever beats the first man and, as often as he tries, neither does he. As far as I can see it just means he runs forward with the ball and does absolutely nothing with it!

Bar his screamer v Gibraltar in Faro! Cool
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:07pm
naughton is no t better than Christie ..,  who is taller and stronger by the way...in playing Naughton i prefer  to  play   Matt Doherty  there or maybe  Wilson or Egan
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:56pm
Ex Celtic LEGEND Tommy Johnson is now Blackburn head of recruitment - he was at Solitude on Saturday scouting Jay Donnelly who produced a 2 goal winning display for Cliftonville

Hopefully he can seal a move and make some sort of impact as we seriously need strikers coming through

The 21 year old can cut it full time I'm certain
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 12:20am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Ex Celtic LEGEND Tommy Johnson is now Blackburn head of recruitment - he was at Solitude on Saturday scouting Jay Donnelly who produced a 2 goal winning display for Cliftonville

Hopefully he can seal a move and make some sort of impact as we seriously need strikers coming through

The 21 year old can cut it full time I'm certain

Would Donnelly be inclined to switch? I know he's been with the NI U21s until now
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 12:46am
His record in the Irish league is pretty average, his first goal on Saturday is a good header but I doubt he would make any impact in England. I would be surprised if he ever got near any national team.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:08am

His record in the Irish league is pretty average, his first goal on Saturday is a good header but I doubt he would make any impact in England. I would be surprised if he ever got near any national team.
Perfect for the North so.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Perfect for the North so.
LOL

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:02am
Donnelly is like his brother who was spoken about on here a few years ago. Never going to be an international footballer
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

This.

Wilson can just about play anywhere in defence, i think he's a loss to us. Pity he's not playing games. 
It`s also a pity he`s sh1te and should be no where near an international side.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:41pm

Transfer window is shut
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 452>
  Share Topic