You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 450>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystery Benefactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:36pm
Take me back.....!!!??!!
Sponsored Links

BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Originally posted by The E The E wrote:

Wickham's father is from the North afaik so I doubt he would be interested in playing for us.

McClean, Gibson, AntrimMan, Wilson, our new manager Martin O'Neill are all from 'the North' What's your point?
Conor Wickham supports Rangers so that would be my point.

Jon Daly and Alan Smith play for Rangers.

What's your point?
They're from Ireland. Wickham is English and his father is an Ulster Protestant, absolutely no chance he would play for us. 
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:43pm

Wickham's father is from the North afaik so I doubt he would be interested in playing for us.

McClean, Gibson, AntrimMan, Wilson, our new manager Martin O'Neill are all from 'the North' What's your point?

What's your point?
They're from Ireland. Wickham is English and his father is an Ulster Protestant, absolutely no chance he would play for us. 

I don't see why not as he wouldn't have been exploited to the nonsense up there. His name is 'Connor' as well. A pretty Irish name
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:44pm
Jack McInerney is not eligible, sadly. Connection is too far back.

Meara is not playing at the moment but is a good player. Reminds me of Bert Trautmann 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Jack McInerney is not eligible, sadly. Connection is too far back.

Meara is not playing at the moment but is a good player. Reminds me of Bert Trautmann 

Mexico and the USA are naturalizing foreign players "left and right",  and Ireland cant get McInerney?, that's odd,   Mexico had like 4 argentinians with the residency scam and some brazilians
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:59pm

What's your point?

I don't see why not as he wouldn't have been exploited to the nonsense up there. His name is 'Connor' as well. A pretty Irish name
Why would you want someone who is currently an English U-21 and qualifies for us through his Northern father? If he is good enough he will play with the English seniors.
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:01pm

What's your point?

Why would you want someone who is currently an English U-21 and qualifies for us through his Northern father? If he is good enough he will play with the English seniors.
Alan Kernaghan of similar profile to Wickham ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:01pm
What's wrong with having a Northern father? He qualifies for us. Simple as that
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Jack McInerney is a good player, in his 20 and Meara from US

Javier, can you spend some of the time you spend on this site finding a Batigoal-type in the Argentine leagues with a bit of Irish in him - I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 05 Nov 2013 at 4:11pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:13pm

What's wrong with having a Northern father? He qualifies for us. Simple as that
He clearly wants to play for England or else he would have thrown his lot in with us
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:15pm
@javier

Don't think he would be eligible for naturalization, even if he wanted to. Never lived in Ireland, and most recent connection seems to be a generation too far back.

"And, as if following a script, Emerald Isle descendent Jack McInerney scored the game’s lone goal to give the Union a 1-0 win over the New England Revolution and a strong 2-1 start to the MLS season.

The 20-year-old forward, who acknowledged that his great-grandmother was born in Ireland, may not have reached legal drinking age yet. But he certainly has become a go-to player for the Philadelphia attack."

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Javier, can you spend some of the time you spend on this site finding a Batigoal-type in the Argentine leagues with a bit of Irish in him - I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

This!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:22pm
There is a young lad playing in the MLS at the moment, name is Shane O'Neill. He's a defender and by all accounts he's sh*t hot. Has already playes underage for the yanks, but his father is and mother are from cork (aul lad won 2 AI football titles with cork) and his uncle is Kerry great Maurice Fitzgerald. Some sporting pedagree! (On a side not his brother is playing as a kicker for some big college team and is tipped for the nfl)...Think King beenon to him already and he's considering it
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:24pm

This!

Rodrigo Palacio, his mother side is irish descendant from Bahía Blanca, near Patagonia, he looks a bit irish like mc ateer
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:36pm

This!

Rodrigo Palacio, his mother side is irish descendant from Bahía Blanca, near Patagonia, he looks a bit irish like mc ateer
LOLLOLLOL
Palacio has already played for Argentina though if that is true
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:59pm

This!

Have a day off JAVIER
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

There is a young lad playing in the MLS at the moment, name is Shane O'Neill. He's a defender and by all accounts he's sh*t hot. Has already playes underage for the yanks, but his father is and mother are from cork (aul lad won 2 AI football titles with cork) and his uncle is Kerry great Maurice Fitzgerald. Some sporting pedagree! (On a side not his brother is playing as a kicker for some big college team and is tipped for the nfl)...Think King beenon to him already and he's considering it

O'Neill is apparently quite good, and has been talking up his Ireland prospects recently http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/03/colorado-rapids-defender-shane-oneill-debating-between-u-s-ireland/ 

Maybe not a future international, but a midfielder named Liam Collins from Skibbereen has been one of the top prospects in the college leagues for University of Memphis this year. Will be interesting to see if he gets a chance in the MLS. He has had a very good few years at this level. Apparently got some options with MLS teams

Number one ranking in the league is an American kid named Patrick Mullins, a goalscoring midfielder. Not sure if there is any connection there. Got a big Irish head on him.

Edited by DeclanDaly - 05 Nov 2013 at 5:27pm
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 5:37pm
Could imagine auld Jason Mc letting his curly locks grow a bit and being a bit sunkissed lining out for the Argies.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 450>
  Share Topic